Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#9295 03/25/06 12:59 AM
OP Offline

Hello everyone !

I bought the personal genius cd a couple weeks ago and I have had no substantial results. I have tried listening to it in different areas, different times of day, and nothing has worked. I often find myself unable to fully relax, giving way to frustration. I always state my purpose for each learning session but it just seems like something is not clicking.I was wondering if anyone had some advice regarding the paraliminal or any past experiences they had so I can learn form them. Thanks !

#9296 03/25/06 05:01 AM

My suggestion is to release any expectations for results. Know that your OTC is taking in what it needs. The conscious mind may rebel at first, especially if a life-time of conditioning has hardened it. That was my experience, since I'm very left-brained analytical and a hard-nosed skeptic about everything. It took me years for the walls to finally start crumbling, and only after I was willing to release my expectations for results, sorta like that first step which they make you take in recovery groups: acknowledge you have a problem; only then are you ready to let go and heal. Hopefully, the process will be easier for you ... hang in there ... keep listening, and the benefits will surely follow!

#9297 03/25/06 08:17 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

Keep a journal. And what are you looking for from the Personal Genius Paraliminal?

Alex

#9298 03/25/06 02:27 PM
OP Offline

Well the main thing that I wanted from the paraliminal is to increase my ability to learn especially in areas such as mathematics and languages.

#9299 03/27/06 08:56 AM

How do you know when you have improved your ability to learn? With goals like that it is very important to keep a journal to keep track of where you are coming from. The Paraliminals have a knack of making it seem like you're doing what you've always been doing. No struggle to get to the next point. So to compare keep a journal.

Alex

#9300 03/28/06 03:50 AM

often my conscious mind would be too active when I started listening to paraliminals and I used to feel what you are discribing. what I noticed was that I was thinking of things that were contradictining my whole purpose of it. And now what I found was that by simply relaxing my mind and let the material sink in without any criticism. This was not hard at all. Simply focus on your breathing, in and out slowly with out any pauses, when you find your mind wondering off, simply bring your attention back to your breathing, after a few weeks you will be doing it on auto pilot, you just need to stick it out for 3 weeks to get your mind into that habbit on focusing and not letting your mind wonder off when you need it to.
Play the cd the same time you start relaxing otherwise you'll fall asleep and forget to play the cd, he he
Dont worry so much about what is being said in the begging of the cd, just focus on your breathing. The aim is to center your attention, your conscious mind so that it does not wonder off and bring up thought thats making you feel the way you are feeling.
Hope my experience helped
Enjoy

#9301 03/28/06 04:53 PM
OP Offline

Thanks a lot for the advice, Alex and liuaki_F, the advice yall gave really helped a lot. Last night i think I had a particularly good session last night. I was definately able to just relax and not worry about expectations. I almost forgot where I was ! that was definately one of the best listening sessions ive ever had.

#9302 03/30/06 11:31 AM

Cool!

Alex

#9303 03/30/06 02:26 PM

Hey Aququarius..

recently (less than a year ago) I took a course that taught you how to teach english as a foreign language. It was a month long intensive course, 8 hours per day, plus extra for lesson planning. I listened to Personal Genius every night before I went to sleep. I would wake up early (6 am) go to the class, stay their until 5 or 6, come home (actually a hotel in thailand) and spend 1 or 2 hours preparing my "practice lessons" for the next days class. I would take a couple hour break to watch a dvd, then listen to Personal Genius, and fall asleep.

I got such good results, (instructors saying how well I did, etc, co-students saying how well they expected me to do, etc) that I think listening before sleep is best. Especially after learning something that day, take a break, and and then paralimanalize it into your brain, and let your brain work everything out while you sleep.

Jeepers creepers, this post was way longer than I planned.!

Good luck, have fun.

George

#9304 03/30/06 10:25 PM
OP Offline

Hey George,

Thanks a lot for the advice, man. I havent really tried listening to it before I have gone to bed, so i'll give that a try. One question i have about the disc thought is whether I sholuld try to play it while i am sleeping. It seems to wake me up at different times of the night

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved