Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi folks,

Can you retrieve information from books you read years before you discovered Photoreading?
If I pick up a book that I haven't read for years, can it be activated rather than entirely Photoread (if you see what I mean?)
In other words, are books you read 'normally' perhaps decades ago also stored in your non-conscious mind anyway?
Or do you Photoread as normal, and you find that the book is easier to activate as a result?
(I'm confused! grin

Best wishes,
David.

Hi David,

You can get information from a book you read years ago but it would be slower.

The advantage you would have by photoreading the book is that you have the book operating on both the conscious and other than conscious level.

Paul Scheele gave a really great analogy when learning strategies was having a photoreading retreat. They had photoreading from all over the world and Paul's example was looking down at your 2 feet that was your conscious mind then he said your other than conscious mind that was looking down the whole room the whole building then the parking lot then going 11 miles down the road

The point I am making is that your conscious mind is somewhat limited being able to attend to maybe 6 to 8 bits of information at a time where as your other than conscious mind can attend to 20,000 things at a time.

So I would highly recommend that if you had a book that you read years and you wanted to return to the book again that you photoreading the book. It does not take much time a few minutes and you would get a lot more out of your activation having photoreading the book.

Photoread4me

OP Offline

Many thanks for the reply photoreadforme - that clears up a lot.

I was just thinking lazily!
Actually I was also mulling on the possibility that once you've 'mastered' photoreading (or at least got to conscious competence) you may experience spontaneous activation of something you might have read pre photoreading?

Best wishes,
David.

Yes! And, it can happen at any time.

I've even had information from a book that I previously PhotoRead, spontaneously activate in my conscious mind while I was flipping a page per second of a later book. Very cool!

Sometimes, I've spontaneously activated information and didn't even realize it until I looked back and wondered how I knew that particular info.

One of the best ways to increase the likelihood of spontaneous activation is, to Prepare/Preview/PhotoRead/Postview 7-10 books each week for 4 weeks, and each week go back and fully activate 1-2 of those books. Keep repeating the activation passes until the entire book "GELS" at a conscious level.

Dana

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved