Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Hi:

Whenever I feel things are not going my way or when I feel like I dont know what I want to do. I have these negative thoughts and emotions that come up. They are like feelings of anger. I can rationalize all these things happen in the past. I know when I have success these thoughts and emotions dont creep up. But when I am down or confused these thoughts just come up and surface.

I realize I learned about the feeling exercise in the course and the Process Inquiry. I am thinking right now if Congruency and solution focus have anything to do with this.

I know these thoughts also come up sometimes when I feel at age 33, I have not been having a normal employment history. This job job I have with Time Warner Cable as a telemarketer, will be the first job that I will have that I would have a year in. I will have a year in by June 25th. In my shift just about everybody or almost everyone did not meet quota for understandable reasons. I mean they say if our group does not meet quota two more times in a row we are going to be dismissed. Well I think it might be interesting if I stay here for a year.

I realize I cant necessarily get rid of these negative thoughts or emotions. I realize that these negative thoughts and emotions are not necessarily good for me. I try to smile. Say next to negative thoughts. Play chess. Affirm I feel great.

Still it is challenging not thinking about. I want thoughts that really produce success instead.

I think by simply doing the feeling exercise you are doing yourself a lot more good than you think.

Thinking about your thinking and thinking about your thinking may get yourself somewhere, but then again it may not. In my case, I can see how thinking about my thinking and feelings is just me doing what I have always done to solve what I perceive to be problems. In doing so, I merely get the results I've always gotten.

An interesting thing happened to me today, however. We had to do a presentation for class. I didn't really prepare for the presentation all that much (except in terms of information, I didn't focus on presenting skills). I noticed as I waited for my turn to go and make my presentation that I was paying more attention to the other presenters than my anxiety about going up. Usually I am pretty anxious. When I went up, I made my presentation, and made a few stupid mistakes, but when I got back I just realized what I did that was wrong and shrugged. I didn't feel embarassed or ashamed as would be usual for me.

It was very weird. I just know it is because of doing the feeling exercise so often.

This reinforces the belief I have in general mental exercises rather than specific, on the spot, thinking techniques to solve problems. I experienced a similar sort of result with Kevin Trudeau's Advanced Mega Memory course. While I was doing the exercises every day, I started to have crystal-clear flashes of memory for things that I didn't do any of the exercises with. My mental muscles were truly being strengthened.

I feel that this program seriously strengthens some mental muscles.

I know it's hard not to limit your indentity and sense of success with a job or career history, but you are more than your career history. Your career history does not say everything about your potential or who you are now.

Maybe focusing on the indentity portions of the exercises would be a good thing for you? Focus on the sense of self as creator, witness, appreciator, and energy in the now.

Who you are is much bigger than your career. The answer you seek might not have its location in careers anyway.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Do the Feeling Exercise, with whatever emotions confront you.

Alex.

OP Offline

Babayada:

YOu have solved your problems with just the feeling exercise?

Parag

Yeah. I was thinking too much.

The conscious mind wants to fix everything by judging and controlling. Sort of like all problems look like a nail when you have a hammer.

I think Alex is right. Just do the feeling exercise with whatever you're feeling. Just feel it.

Sjaykum1,
I have not received my "Abundance for Life" course as of yet, however, I've been following the threads in relation to the "feelings' section of the course. I would recommend reading Lynn Grabhorn's book: "Excuse me your Life is Waiting". I found her methods "key", and extreemely useful in this regard.

97Kord,

How specifically do you find this book with be helpful in regard to the feeling exercises?

As before, I haven't received the Abundance course, so I'm not completely familiar with those exercises. I found I was spending most of my time in "negative" type thoughts. Using some of Lynn's methods, I am able to "switch-flip" into positive feelings, and overlay those feelings onto whatever, or whomever I wanted. It's a quick and effective solution to generate positive feelings. Expanding on those feelings over say half an hour, you can generate some incredible energy levels, which then can be overlayed onto manifestation goals, or reality creations.

I think that the feeling exercise takes a different approach to the issue. Accepting and feeling rather than trying to change.

i.e "releasing"?
I have 97% of the Sedona Courses, books, and most of the LSC courses. I love what Lester Levinson has done, however in my circumstance, the releasing becomes more prevalent and more effective with the introduction of the energy of "feeling".
Is that not what "relaeasing" is all about...Change? For $16.00 CAN, one can certainly review Lynn's opinions and methods. They work for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved