Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#998 09/18/03 05:04 AM

It's not good to be in such a condition for 1h, you'll be losing energy and you could get ill. 1h fighting to keep your body heat isn't going to be good for your health.

I'm sure it has to do with your schelude, as you said you go to the pool very early in the morning, and at least here, they plug off the heaters every day when closing, so the water will lose heat over the night. Consider changing your schedule, because you'll face this every day.

Personally, I'd be sure to stay near a warm water outlet.

#999 09/18/03 05:32 AM

You are right, about not being able to take it, I could only stay in there for 20 min underwater time, cause after that all i could think about is getting warmth. I think i will start to do it in a jacuzzi set to about 85 degrees. One more question, i know in the jacuzzi i will be able to get my head 3 feet under water, is it advised for your whole body to be 3 ft under or is the head really the important part? Also thank you very much Rogin for answering all my questions, gretly appreiate it.

-Benny

#1000 09/18/03 11:43 AM

quote:
According to what I have read by Win, one needs to sit or swim at the bottom of the pool.Immersing one's face in the sink, say, won't trigger the body's powerfulresponses which occur when one is fully submerged.

I posted this a few messages up here. Since your head is on top of your body, it's right to assume that your whole body must be immersed. Also because you function as a whole, I assume the water pressure should be the same in every part of your body.

You can't chop off your head and then put it back on your body, right?
The only way to have your head depper than your body would be by raising your feet, that would provoke two bad things:

1) Water will enter your nose more easily, unless you use a nose-peg.
2) Blood will concentrate in your head, I don't know much about anatomy, but you don't want to do that for a straight hour.

So don't do it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved