Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hello everyone!
I finally understood how to find the specific purpose of a particular book, thanks to the old posts.
But during initial activation layers of a highly technical book(in which everything seems important) , should I dip into first and last sentences of a relevant paragraph in the first activation layer and cover the rest of the lines in subsequent layers
Or
Get a glance of relevant paras by quickly dipping into all of the lines of that para and come back during subsequent layers to re-read them which will give me a better comprehension.
Also I seem to be taking a lot of time in determining only the structure of the book and reading relevant lines. Any tips on how can I reduce my activation time ?
Thank you and wishing you all a Happy New Year!

Last edited by Neha_Sonwani; 01/17/20 08:52 PM.

2020 Greetings!

You could use super reading and dipping either way you suggest. The key is avoid too much regular reading. Save that for the rapid reading step. Best to do "hands on" learning with the technical material after super reading and dipping or skittering (or a combination of both) to activate information prior to rapid reading.

To determine the structure of the book, you could just spend the minute or two reviewing the table of contents.

Finding the relevant lines to read is an individual journey you are on to know how your intuition communicates to you and to follow it. Have patience. It will get easier and more clear over time.

Enjoy!
Patrick

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved