Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9671 05/31/04 04:32 PM
Learning Strategies Admin
OP Offline

I had an interesting experience with Inquiry Process so I thought I'd share.

At the retreat we did the process I selected someone whom I had the inclination to want to stay well away from however cannot. I didn't by any means dislike this person I just felt that spending time with them will only serve to frustrate me and cost me my time.

Since the retreat the issue that I did the IP on has disolved (my reason for not wanting to spend time with them) I have to admit even so I harboured reservations about dealing with them. It's a must do so I decided to grin and bear it. The funny thing is I've noticed that I've been noticing that I cannot find why I originally wanted to stay away and in fact am finding that this individual may in fact be more willing to help me than I originally thought.

Reason for mentioning it... well the retreat was in August. It's now June. My orignally thoughts about them wasn't 100% true (a little bit yes) but then I was throwing out the baby with the bath water.

So if you do the feeling exercise and you don't really get an a-ha watch what happens to that relationship.

Second story.
I did another exercise today. Just for the heck of it I decided to do one on a friend that had moved interstate. I felt I was cool with their moving but for some reason there was a hint of annoyance about it. So I printed out the worksheet and thought ok lets label this thing.

It wasn't easy filling out the sheet since I hand not strongly identified with what was really bugging me. Trusting intuition the right word did come up.

Right on doing the questions, It wasn't 100% true I knew that but I was doing the IP so I wrote something down and I knew it wasn't absolute. 3 I felt indifferent, 4 well I had to dig for the thought but I'd be free of what was bugging me. On the turn around I did a few phrases and kapow it hit me what was bugging me.

Went on to have a very resourceful day.

The point of my second story. I didn't wait for the obvious block. I picked up a worksheet and did the IP on something for the sake of doing an IP nothing more.

If you need help with the IP you can discuss it here or email me.

Alex

#9672 06/12/04 12:47 AM

Told ya resistence was futile!

Love and Light

Michael

#9673 07/12/04 04:16 PM

Hi

I am having problems doing the inquiry process, I'm not sure how to write it out. My girlfriend recently left me saying she wasn't happy here, we have a very complicated relationship, basically i want to write "i am upset at her because she left me" but it does not seem to help cause we both still love each other but she is back with her old fiance in that city, she calls and cries she still loves me but she also loves the other guy, it is really bothering me and i believe is what is causing me from progressing with the course. I would like to just forget about her and move on but i don't know how to write it out in the inquiry process, she still calls me crying saying she loves me and this bothers me, if she doesn't call it bothers me as well. Help!

#9674 07/12/04 09:25 PM

Well, instead of "I'm upset that she left me," maybe you could try "I'm upset that I can't leave her." Not physically leave town, but move on to someone else. And when you are upset when she doesn't call, it maybe triggering a fear of abandonment.

#9675 07/13/04 09:31 AM
OP Offline

Lets be brutally frank when you do the Inquiry Process and say it like it is. It's probably something like

"I am really ticked off, annoyed, angry, frustrated, etc.. Remember you're doing an Inquiry Process don't be polite because the because you think the finger might point at you, be honest with yourself and with what you are really feeling.

So it might be

"I'm really fustrated because my girlfriend can't make up her mind what she wants!"

"I'm really angry because my g/f (or ex) left me."

I pulled out the inquiry Process that I based this post on.

Like I said I felt no personal qualms with the individual so I just did a brain dump when I filled in the worksheet.

The brain dump.
I am disappointed in H because H promised to help me find work and income but step by step moved away and abandoned me.

I want H to follow through and keep the promise to help me.

(to keep it brief I'll stop here and show how I handled the questions)

To question one... reading what I wrote... asked the first of the four Inquiry questions. Nah I did it as a brain dump but there is an element of truth in it. H did progressively move further away making it difficult for H to keep the promise.

To Q1... Reading what I wrote asked the 2nd Inquiry question. No... had already established that it's not absolute.

To Q1... reading what I wrote again.. asked Inquiry question 3... I feel like I'm wasting my time. I know my thoughts wont change anything... disappointed in myself as well as H for having held the expectation in the first place.

To Q1... Read what I wrote and asked Q4 of the Inquiry questions... Me, A-okay, able to get on with it not bogged down by fals expectation.

To Q1... Read what I wrote and do the turn around... (for this I did 3 or 4 turn arounds) The one that seemed okay for me was I'm okay with the fact that H promised to ....

Then I did those 5 steps with question 2 same way.

One of the other turn arounds later with the another question on the worksheet was... I should be honest with myself and not abandon me. Since in the turn around we ask ourself is this true... It means I have to think about the statment... well yeah it's true because if I'm hanging around waiting for H to keep the promise I'm not being proactive and in effect abandoning myself. Iprobably wasn't all that honest with myself because I thought I didn't have an issue with H moving interstate and yet I opted to do an Inquiry Process because H name kept coming up in my mind and I thought the move was kind of mad especially the implication that I should also move.

The key to the Inquiry Process is write down the answers to all the questions first.. Don't change them as a result of the turn around or realisations from the previous answers. They are a group and when you unfold them as a group you go deeper within yourself to realise what your 'expectations' of them where and what your 'expectations' of yourself really are.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved