Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#88617 04/02/22 11:10 AM
erfan_r Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi there. I have a problem with my speed in reading the books with PhotoReading.
Before say my problem, i can say i have a very very good comprehension with any book that i activated.

But my progress in reading the books is very slow. even compared to treditional reading i am slow.

I remember once Alex mentioned in one of his posts that a 200-page book on a normal subject would be activated in 4-5 activation passes.

But my speed is very slow. For example I chose a book called " The pattern on the Stone" which is about 200 pages. My goals and question is quite clear and I am very eager and curious to find the answers. But when i try for activatate this, i spend 6 -7 passes and i am still in page 40 !! (Which my activation includes dipping and skittering and mind mapping).
Of course, my understanding of these 40 pages has been extremely high and i'm happy for this. But as i sayed my problem is my speed to finisthe books.

Every book I choose fits perfectly with my goals and questions. And that makes me consider all the sentences in the book important and necessary. Because I feel that if I ignore a part of the book, my understanding will be disturbed. And this is exactly the case, because I tried several times to ignore parts of the book in order to finish the book sooner and get my questions answered, but in the end I found that my understanding was incomplete.

I should also say that this problem makes me try for a book in several days and not in one day.

I would be grateful if anyone could help.

erfan_r #88623 04/06/22 03:23 PM

Hello, The best I can recommend is to continually challenge yourself to further clarify your purpose for reading the book while you use the PhotoReading Whole Mind System. Not every book needs full comprehension! Just get what you need and move on, even if there is additional information in the book. You can always go back to a book to get it later when there is a high purpose to know it.

Enjoy PhotoReading,
Patrick

erfan_r Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for your reply. Are you recommended mindmap while activation. If yes, for which condition?

erfan_r #88631 04/12/22 04:22 PM

Mind map when you need more details from the book after super reading & dipping and/or skittering. If you also rapid read after mind mapping, add to your mind map after going through the book using that technique.

Patrick

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved