Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9735 06/30/04 04:13 PM
unopro Offline OP
OP Offline

I have just listened to track 9 of disc 2 of the Prelude for the first time. I noticed that it slowly excelerated to the point that I couldn't understand any of it. Out of curiosity I fast forwarded it to see just how fast it was going to get. I noticed that it was slowing down towards the end. So, the middle third to middle half didn't make any sense to me consciously. Is this supposed to be an other than conscious experience?

#9736 07/01/04 05:03 AM

I am really into the fast finish tracks on the LSC products. There are a lot of them in the Genius Code program. I wish that LSC would create these for the end of every CD on all of their programs.

It probably is a individual thing - or maybe you will get more used to it as you listen to these more and learn how to relax while you are listening to them - how to focus your hearing. I can pretty much understand the fasttracks the whole way through. I think that your brain starts to compensate for the speed of the voice and begins to hear it faster and you get into a time dilation mode as you listen.

Keep playing with them. If you are listening to them in your car, that may be a good reason for being unable to understand them. If you were able to be in synch with the recording you probably wouldn't be in the right state of mind to be driving...

I think it is better if you can sit relaxed with your eyes closed while listening to those fast finishes.

[This message has been edited by livingsuccess (edited June 30, 2004).]

#9737 07/02/04 02:30 AM

The fast finish on the abundance course goes WAY too fast for me to follow it, consciously. I don't think conscious understanding is the goal with these things.

It's way faster, in the middle, than the ones in the genius code.

#9738 07/07/04 07:36 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
unopro
Junior Member posted July 06, 2004 06:22 PM Alex,

Thank you for posting your thoughts here. I find them helpful. Recently I posted a topic in hopes that you would have some insite. The topic is called Fast Finish. So far I have learned that this fast finish really is faster than others have been in the past. I have heard them before but this one is different. Could you post some instructions on how to listen to this one in particular?

Thanks,

I've never had any problem with the fast finish so in order to answer your question I just listened to the fast finish again to observe, What I do, how I listen and anything else I observe so now 30 minutes later I post.

First thing I do is what I do whenever I listen to any CD is to clear away distrations and close my eyes to listen. This is probably most beneficial for fast finishes since it clears away beta distractions.

Listening to a fast finish is largely non conscious experience. One of the most important things is to listen for meaning, you cannot consciously recognise every word said however the meaning comes from groups of words and you will recognise much of it. At one point the Fast Finish sounds like a gurgling brook I can only imagine that most people will feel lost at this part It's a challenge to recognise words in this part. However if let it go an let your nonconscious handle it you'll recognise where you are up to.

If you consider that you're listening to 1 hour and 40 minutes of recording in about 23 minutes it's rather impressive.

One thing that might help you when you listen to the fast finish. You're listening to everything verbatimum from CD One and Two. Nothing has been removed, even the exercises are in there as they were presented in the first place. So consciously you only want to recognise that you've heard it all before. Relax you haven't missed anything if the gurgling stage throws you imagine that you are listening to a talking stream and the information will be made clear as you continue your adventure.

Alex

hi
Alex i came across the genius code tapes as above stated i heard the fast finish tapes
but there were speaking very fastly that i can't understand them but i came across the video open house with Paul scheele
he said that when words are diliverd at such fast rate we can comprehend more than the regular listening so i thought of trying it with my books in pdf format
is there any requirements to prepare our own fast finish tapes ?
is there any software to fast the bit rate (words/second) u recommend to use for such pupose

vinay kumar #79336 03/08/12 07:31 AM

The key to listening to Fast Finish is relaxed focus and it often helps to close your eyes, sit back and just listen.

I find converting and saving MP3 recordings in fast finish format a waste of time.

My own experiments using regular MP3 can be played back at 8 times the speed (for me). Beyond that it would require tweaking. And a good understanding of speech, pitch and tone.

Added to that the time it takes to convert one recording, to me defeats the purpose of using Fast Finish recordings. My purpose is to listen to the recording quickly making best use of my time. So I just pre-listen to any MP2 or accepted file recordings in Windows media Player at 8x. When listen again recordings at a faster speed. This gives me the benefit of listening twice in less time that it takes to listen once. And I find I connect with the information better when I listen after listening to fast finish first.

Yes I've made some Fast Finish recordings. Through experience I figured I was wasting my time. Why drop convert an audio file into a program so I can just tweak the pitch and make it playback faster when I can just use the slider in Windows Media Player with the original recording. Which saves me having duplicates of the file as well.

Alex

I think it is better if you can sit relaxed with your eyes closed while listening to those fast finishes.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved