Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9739 07/01/04 05:31 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
OP Offline

Folks you may be wondering why I'm posting even though no one really responds to my posts.

1 July 2004
I have to admit I am often in two minds about posting my personal experiences and insights in relation to the LSC products. I know that I can be perceived as one of the employees paid to sell the products. This might be why my post rarely get a response.

Yet I am like many around the world using the LSC products to create gains in my personal life. Like everyone else using the home study courses I have to work through them and learn and experience what they teach. While I am contracted by LSC to monitor the forums and handle emails, I do contact Paul or Pete or one of the gang at LSC to help me when I don't already know the answer. I am still on my own path raising my own personal titanic seeking solutions and at times feeling overwhelmed by the challenges that are still before me. It's still kind of odd being in a different part of the world and time zone, however for me it serves as a reminder for a fundamental truth. The only person you can really rely on to empower oneself is oneself.

Given that I am employed by LSC I sometimes wonder whether sharing my experiences is the right thing to do. And yet, I must remember that I am in a rather unique position when it come to the Abundance for life course. I have experienced it in a way that no other LSC staff member could have. They had to do the preparation work, making sure that things were going to run smoothly and they certainly could not participate in everything in the same way as I did. I went to the August retreat as an adventurer seeking to discover the yet unknown with no hint what was in store for me. I know that the Abundance for Life course is based on what we were taught there. We used and had the opportunity to experience along side others, each part of what is now the Abundance for Life course. At the time I certainly didn't envision that I would be coaching people on various aspects of the course. Had someone suggested it after the retreat I would have doubted it. I guess growth continued after the retreat. As with everything we don't really know what we can do until we start doing it.

Paul sends out some great tips and inspiring emails for the Abundance for life users. I hardly feel it necessary to add ideas or suggestions and yet, even I find input from others useful and offering a different way of viewing things.

I know that to shift a paradigm you sometimes have to do something quirky, different or seemingly wrong or against instructions but since I'm willing to experiment and see what I experience should I keep that to myself? What if my own personal discoveries can shows just one person to seek the experience rather than right or wrong way of doing something in the courses.?

Then I also need to consider that, I post an experience or insight I am sharing it for the first time with everyone at LSC a well as with everyone visiting the forum. I'm half the world away from LSC and I know they like collecting a-ha experiences. Why? They generate ideas.

#9740 07/02/04 12:47 AM

Hey Alex, keep on posting. I've found them to be help to me. The second to the last paragraph in this your post made me think again of when Paul talks in the introduction cd 2-7 about some people needing to commit to doing the whole course without expecting results. I can identify with this personally. I guess one of my issues is exactly how to do this day to day, moment to moment. I can tell myself I'm willing to commit in this way and in the next moment thoughts about doing it "right" or what results I can expect creep in. I'm wondering what I can do to take this to the next level. I'm still tring to imagine what my experience would be if I did't have these types of thoughts.
Thanks again for your posts.

#9741 07/02/04 03:22 AM
OP Offline

Thanks for posting.

I have a suggestion for...

quote:
"I'm still tring to imagine what my experience would be if I did't have these types of thoughts."

Work through them one by one using the Inquiry Process for now I know of no faster way to start knocking them out but it's amazing how just doing one can start helping you to see who you would be without the thought.

It's easier when the process is done on a person other than yourself but sometimes we feel our thoughts are our own problem and the real fault, they are but that way they are also difficult to deal with.

People tend to be our mirrors sometimes we see the fault in others or other times we don't really notice that we are giving ourselves clues. We say things like I get really annoyed when so and so asks me what I want for dinner out as soon as I walk in. Many of us would reason that it's not them that is the problem here it it I who have a probem. It's not an unreasonable question. So we reason where not really annoyed with them we tired from a long days work, just want to unwind for a few minutes, and then get to that. We don't do an Inquiry Process because we have decided "they are not the problem".

Ironically that is one interesting and thought provoking thing to do an Inquiry Process on, Since they pushed the button do an Inquiry Process.

The Inquiry Process isn't about blame it's about uncoving your thinking that is keeping you locked away from the realisation... "Who would you be without that thought?"

A couple of weeks ago I went through a phase where I felt unproductive I couldn't figure out what was going on. A friend of mine who had moved interstate kept popping up in my thoughts, they were not annoyed thoughts, the move made no difference to the friendship or contact I would have with him anyway. Frankly I could not see a connection but since he was in my thoughts and I wasn't doing anything productive. I decided to do an Inquiry Process. Even when I answered the first base question I as I was writing I knew it wasn't an absolute truth but it was sometimes true. So I did the whole process.

It helped me to pinpoint what was the reason for my lack of productiveness once I saw it it was easy enough to fix and the phase ended with the Inquiry Process. But I did feel I had to exaggerate annoyance/dissapointment in this other person because he only kept popping up in my mind a lot while I was being unproductive.

Alex

#9742 07/06/04 11:22 PM

Alex,

Thank you for posting your thoughts here. I find them helpful. Recently I posted a topic in hopes that you would have some insite. The topic is called Fast Finish. So far I have learned that this fast finish really is faster than others have been in the past. I have heard them before but this one is different. Could you post some instructions on how to listen to this one in particular?

Thanks,

#9743 07/07/04 07:39 AM
OP Offline

I've posted your original thread so that it follows on.
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000050.html

Alex

#9744 07/07/04 11:03 PM

You do dance to a new tune Alex and you perspective and vantage point has changed. So the universe and those of us in it will respond a little differently to you. However, you are still cared for and appreciated.

I know what the it feels like to have a post left hanging in the wind. Especially when it's a piece of you put out into the sun. However, I try (note try) to think of all of my posts as seeds. Some take root right away others take longer. Some have a beauty only I can see, and others require someone else to show me the beauty of them. Some need the gifts from others to grow and some stand all by themselves. However, I know that if they come from a place of love then they should be planted and given a chance to bath in the light of day.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#9745 07/28/04 01:22 AM

Yes indeed Alex please keep posting. I find your insights very valuable. I am up to the 2cd CD in the main course and wonder if the feelings exercise can be boiled down to the observation of being non judgemental and accepting of all your feelings & thoughts, or maybe this is too simplistic?

#9746 07/28/04 08:05 AM
OP Offline

Actually that is one of first step to the feeling exercise is to accept and be non judgemental. By accepting and following them to their origin you learn to realise that feelings precede every thought you have. If you delay the automatic pilot on your thoughts and follow the feeling you can discover that the feeling can open you up to far more options than your habits of reaction have been giving you up to now.

I had a such powerful experience of going with a feeling that now I cannot label what it was for a feeling but the results were profound.

I can only imagine from past experience having been in a similar situation a year ago that my reaction would normally have consisted of anger and impatience and the need to explain and clarify to the clerk that there has been a cock up, and my feeling (the desire to throttle the individual who made the mess) is supressing the real feeling that I could be experiencing. Pass experience was that it took 45 minutes to resolve the problem and not to my satisfation... I had to fix the stuff.

Because I was in with my feeling I felt no need to explain. Other than answering the clerks questions. The desk jocky was extreemly helpful. He fixed the problem and did the negotiations. I left the counter 10 minutes later with a solution, naturally being a govenment department with the proviso that I contact another government department to write a statment that that department never made any payments to me. I can wait for the day that I'll have to go to every government department to obtain such a letter for now it's just one.

Was easier to move on afterward too.

Alex

#9747 07/29/04 04:01 AM

Thanks for the reply Alex. I don't think even 'Abundance for Life' can teach us how to deal with government departments and beaurocracy Ther're on their own for creating frustration in this world!

[This message has been edited by wendyfromoz (edited July 28, 2004).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved