Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9786 07/14/04 03:05 PM
OP Offline

In the 7 step process, part of the step is to visualize what you want, I am having problems doing this for some reason, is it recommended to get a cd or tape on visualization to help me with this. I find that it makes it a lot easier for me to visualize when i am guided though it, any recommendations?

#9787 07/14/04 07:26 PM

I'm not a particular visual-oriented person either, but I've grown in this ability.

While you read this, think about where your car is parked right now. You would have to be able to manufacture some kind of image, or you wouldn't know where to start walking if you needed something at the store right now.

What helped me, is to stop trying so hard, and to stop placing so much importance and attachment to being good at it.

I also tried to imagine what it felt and sounded like (my desired objective) and let a visual image form of itself.

HTH
Steve

#9788 07/14/04 08:23 PM

Visualization is one of those things that we all can do, but you will get better with practice.

There is no short-cut around developing your abilities here - you will have to use your ability as it is, start small in shorter sessions and work your way up to intricate visualizations.

Don't worry about the apparent "visual" orientation of visualization. Visualization is actually about all of the senses - at least when it is used most powerfully.

Can you remember feeling happy, sad, or the feeling of tree bark under the touch of your hand or the sharp taste of biting into a fresh cut lemon? I am sure you can, and your mouth probably just started watering as you "visualized" biting into that lemon. See! You already know this stuff!

Just keep practicing and you will probably see an noticable increase in the visual aspect of visualization over time.

[This message has been edited by livingsuccess (edited July 14, 2004).]

#9789 07/14/04 08:36 PM
OP Offline

I just bought a visualization cd by Bobby Stevens, I hope this helps me.

#9790 07/16/04 09:34 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Paul gave a how to for the visualisation in one of the follow ups mail outs.

If you have difficulty with this email me I'll outline a process for you. Short of giving you a script that you could record I'll be able to give you enough information that you will quickly use what Paul taught in the Prelude to create your own

Email me. Address is under my profile.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved