Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

First off, I want to thank all previous posts on various subjects. I read them all. I learned lots, plus, convinced me to order the course.

I just got deluxe course and worked this exercise 5 times.

Each time, I was able to relax my eye lids so not open. But when I went to apply that relaxation to my whole body, my body reacted the opposite: my neck tighten, almost strangling, got strong stabing pain in my right stomach, tightening pain in right shoulder blade area and strong pressure pushing down on my shoulder at my neck. Further, when I went to relax my arm step, I couldn't get it very limp. Each time I completed the whole exercise.

After the first time, I accepted may only be able to relax this reaction a little, even to the point the last 2 times saying to myself that this is what relaxation is for me. Still 20 minutes later, strong knot pain in stomach. Obviously, I have huge resistance to feelings of relaxation. Ideas on softening that? Thanks!

Learning Strategies Admin

Go with the feelings of resistance. Then locate just one small part of the area (about an inch) you're trying to relax and just focus on how relaxed it is . Not how relaxed you can make it but how relaxed it is. Tension and relaxation are just opposite ends of the same ruler so just notice where on the ruler that small one inch area (finger, toe, elbow, ear a square inch area on the back of your hand) is and ask yourself if you can let it be just as relaxed as it is. Move to another area do the same thing.

No matter how tense it seems ask yourself if you can just let it be as relaxed as it is? and move one. You don't have to get limp, Trying is just plain trying. First you need to feel it exactly as it is. Move on in the course and do the feeling exercise on it when you get the change. Just feel the feeling (tension).

Alex

OP Offline

Alex,
Wow. Thanks. Perfect.

When I first read what you wrote, I notice myself resisting it. I accepted that. Then I choice to do it in the exercise.

The first spot clearly was in 1" of tension. The 4th spot actually moved from 1" to 4" as I focus on how relax it was. The 6th jumped from 5 to 1. I repeated the whole process. Similar results.

Then, I applied the letting me be tool to my experiencing the CD4: 4 Paths. Surprise, only had one area of tension in 2", rest of my body quite to total relax. So, I experienced the 4 paths much deeper by letting it be what it will be, rather than seeking to do it. So, for the first time I see the possibility of living my being me, rather than doing me. What so many have encourage me to do. I am excited.

Oh, I looked at myself in a mirror where I could see myself reflected in another mirror just after 4 Paths. Wow, I see myself in 3 different ways, each wonderful.

Thanks for your prompt excellent support.
Best.
Richard

Great! Thanks for the sharing.

"Letting it be what it will be."

Alex

OP Offline

I found new ways to look at the tension spots to inquire as to what is true in now.

1. The tension was same level before relaxation exercise, I just blanked it out because it was so painful. The relaxation exercise enable me to feel what is, including areas I wasn't willing to relax now.

2. Or maybe before I did the relaxation the pain was greater, again, I had blanked it out. Then the relaxation exercise actually relax me to the point I could feel the pain.

Both I found helpful in my inquiring process.
Richard

Hi everyone, I've been reading your posts for awhile and like all the information. I also have a problem relating to the 90-second induction technique. I'm too twitchy! To have my eyes closed requires muscles- if I relax like you're supposed to, my eyelids twitch and/or try to open. Perhaps this sounds silly, but it's driving me up the wall! I can relax the rest of me but I still can't get these eyes to stay shut on their own. Has anyone else had this problem? I am a foot tapper, too- something's always moving. But I am capable of relaxing, not sure why the eyes are so different. Thanks in advance!

How about relaxing about the issue of twitching?

Rather than worrying about the twitching twitch away and allow yourself to be relaxed about it Even a cat can be superrelaxed and still twitching it's tail. The greater block to relaxing is trying to stop the twitching which is probably involuntary and occuring only because you are relaxed.

Alex

Thanks, Alex. I thought you might say something like that. Guess I was just hoping somebody would have a simpler answer-like a switch to flip! I might go get one of those herbal eye mask things and see if that helps. Thanks again.

francia10, I wasn't going to say get a mask. I was going to suggest imagine placing a hot towel over your eyes. The nice soothing heat and the cloth overing and protecting your eyes should help to relax them.

However, I like AlexK response better. I think it is better for you than my advice.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Hey, I like the hot towel idea too. I am just going to concentrate on the other parts of that relaxation sequence and see how the future ones go.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved