Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#9890 08/05/04 06:49 AM

Hi All,

The word "synchronities" for many hints that there is some magic involved.

Ironically, many people belief in magic at least on a subconscious level.

This false belief has been exploited by marketers selling all kinds of things which
are supposed to have some magic formula.

Even purely rational systems such as Neo-Tech are using this trick to attract
customers. For those who know Neo-Tech I refer to those books containing
the 20 second miracle. etc.

The advertising for the Abundance Course uses a similar approach.

It probably sells better.

The reason people belief in magic is a fear of action, a fear of making mistakes
and of course the bicameral tendency as described by Julian Jaynes in his
book "The origin of consciousness".

Cheers,

#9891 08/05/04 11:30 PM
Mark-11 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Frodo02,

Thanks for your message.

I'm having a hard time trying to decide if all synchronicities have simple down-to-earth explanations and, like you say, reflect our need to believe in somthing such as magic or religion.

I mentioned above that I've experienced some synchronystic events that can't easily be put down to just opening up filters.

I think perhaps there's more magic out there than we think. "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot is worth a read.

Mark.

#9892 08/06/04 02:42 AM

Frodo02,
I would like to know if you have any more information on "Neo-Tech". Your e-mail address does not appear to be valid.

#9893 08/06/04 07:13 AM

The website is www.neo-tech.com. I would like
to mention that I do not agree with many of
the teachings of Neo-Tech.

By the way I had no idea that my email address is available here on this boad.

#9894 08/06/04 07:24 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

The envelope is the indicator. If you want to change that you have to go to your profile. to switch whether it's available or not.

Alex

#9895 08/07/04 12:47 AM
Mark-11 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Alex,

I've been thinking about your replies above and I still can't understand if the abundance for life course is suggesting that there is, for want of a better word, a spiritual dimension to the generation of abundance.

On one hand if you ask a cold logical scientist's opinion of the course, they would probably say that the techniques provided are nothing more than a sophisticated form of positive thinking. There's nothing wrong with that and its all good stuff that gets results, but that's all it is.

On the other hand we can take a more 'supernatural' view of the course. "The moment of thought is the creation". What exactly is meant by this? I can, for example, think of a machine that makes me invisible (and you're probably wishing that would happen with this line of questions ;-). Does this mean that such a machine is created somewhere in the Universe?

What about the idea of "getting what you expect"? How do we explain things that happen to us that we don't expect?

"if we can have an idea of it then it must in fact already exist." Why must somthing exist if we have an idea of it?

There are a lot of statements like this on the course that are presented without explanation. They sound good, they roll of the tounge well but they are not neccessairly true, though they are stated as if they are definitely true.

On the course Paul gives examples of synchronicities with no logical explanation; e.g. the story about his son knocking over a bookshelf ... Mainstream science would view this as hysterical nonsense.

Based on my own experiences I think there is more to manifesting abundance than the cold scientific view of positive thinking and remaining alert to potential opportunity. Do you and LSC think the same? It would seem that you do. If so, these are extraordinary claims to be making.

Regards,

Mark.

#9896 08/07/04 02:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mark-11:
Hi Alex,

I've been thinking about your replies above and I still can't understand if the abundance for life course is suggesting that there is, for want of a better word, a spiritual dimension to the generation of abundance.

On one hand if you ask a cold logical scientist's opinion of the course, they would probably say that the techniques provided are nothing more than a sophisticated form of positive thinking. There's nothing wrong with that and its all good stuff that gets results, but that's all it is.

Given that there are many scientist now turning towards such things the ones that you call cold hard scientist would be considered ostriches by their fellow scientist. No matter which form of science you follow.. when you get right down to the nitty gritty, beyond the atom an protons there is still something there that can only be defined as energy.

There is more energy in 1 centermeter of space than a solid object like a lounge.

quote:
On the other hand we can take a more 'supernatural' view of the course.[

"Supernatural" really only means 'that what we do not yet understand.' As soon as we understand it it no longer seems supernatual to us

quote:
"The moment of thought is the creation". What exactly is meant by this?

That's the instant energy was given to the thought. Thoughts are real things. Scientifically we've started measuring them.

No doubt you have seen reports of mind control. The idea that this is remotely possible is only based on the fact that a thought has real substance and with proper brain reading equipment we can take a hold of the thoughts and modify them. If a thought has no substance and were not real then communication between us would be impossible.

I can discuss this at lenght but it makes for a book really.

quote:
I can, for example, think of a machine that makes me invisible (and you're probably wishing that would happen with this line of questions ;-). Does this mean that such a machine is created somewhere in the Universe?

Not so much the universe but in the time line. Because we don't see it in the physical right now it's only a matter of time that it manifest for us in the Physical. Chances are that it already exists we just haven't seen it in our daily reality as yet because not enough of us have thought about it. So our thoughts are requiring it to take time because that is a part of the energy of the thought. The fact that we thought of it gives it reason to exist even if for now only in novels we call fiction.

The story of the Titanic was in novel form long before the Titanic ever was built. How we experience that synchony is personal to each of us. For some it's the size of the ship, others the life boats, others the lives saved, others the ice berg that for them represents the synchrony.

quote:
What about the idea of "getting what you expect"? How do we explain things that happen to us that we don't expect?

Consciousness is limited, the greater part of our expectations is non conscious and played out by our habits and to change our non conscious expectations we need to consciously and repeatatively take actions to change it. That's why tools like Abundance for Life will work if you apply them. Given the variety, we have a number of ways to change our non conscious expectations. We don't consciously wish for an accident... we may just be consciously desiring a way to get out of a meeting where we have to make a presentation. An a accident is consciously unexpected but it is the a means out of the meeting is and therefore somehow expected.

When we say it was "unexpected" we can only be referring to the limited conscious, possible awareness. Given how much we are non consciously aware of (scientifically measured and known again an area were I could write a book), the unexpected is never really completely unexpected to our non conscious self.

Think of the last time you decided to get up and get yourself a drink. Reseach has shown that the brain has already fired neurons to get you to get up and get that drink before you even are consciously aware (note the word is "consciously aware") of the intention of getting a drink... the thought to get a drink would therefore be an unexpected thought?

quote:
"if we can have an idea of it then it must in fact already exist." Why must somthing exist if we have an idea of it?

Simple because thought is substance and that is what gives it existance. If you thought of it you've already created it. There are other perhaps 'intangable" thoughts that sway how fast and when or even if you wipe out the substances of the thought. {When I use the word Intangable thought I mean thoughts that we may not be able to consciously grasp as they are governed by our concensus reality agreement, that we accepted as our reality thought our upbring, in our individual environments.]

quote:
There are a lot of statements like this on the course that are presented without explanation. They sound good, they roll of the tounge well but they are not neccessairly true, though they are stated as if they are definitely true.

Like on the news and in news papers?

Nothing is true and everything is true... like a measurement on a ruler... you decide where you want to be. That influences your reality.

I know this again sounds estoric however... in your own reality you decide which church you attend, where you live, who you agree with in policital views and your attention goes out to things that you have strong emotional views on. That creates the reality that is yours. If you once followed a particular politcal party and somewhere along the line decided you no longer agreed and just dropped being involved in politics, so that it no longer plays an important role in your life. You have changed your reality. You no longer notice those polical agendas in the same way as you did when you were involved.

You no longer see the same importance of a crayon that you did when you were 4 years old. Your reality changed.

quote:
On the course Paul gives examples of synchronicities with no logical explanation; e.g. the story about his son knocking over a bookshelf ... Mainstream science would view this as hysterical nonsense.

Or you could take the scientific view, it was going to happen anyway but the agenda noticed an opportunity.

quote:
Based on my own experiences I think there is more to manifesting abundance than the cold scientific view of positive thinking and remaining alert to potential opportunity. Do you and LSC think the same? It would seem that you do. If so, these are extraordinary claims to be making.

Regards,

Mark.

Postive thinking works, it's backed up by all the successful experiences people have when they are so certain... that they won't get the job, can't make money, can't solve the problem.

Problem with postive thinking is all thinking is positive... just to get more inspiring and fun results we need to clear the mind of the clutter we call negative thinking... its still just a place somewhere along the ruler.

The Inquiry Process, interesting because it helps us to see that intangible clutter that is our positive thinking that we can't have what we want when we in fact already have it in another form.

Mark I think the book the Luck Factor with it's reseach on how peoples thinking, emotions and actions affect the good and bad luck they experience in their lives. will help you to understand the tools that Paul has provided to help you to go even further into manifesting the good fortunes that you seek.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited August 07, 2004).]

#9897 08/08/04 05:16 AM

just another thought... I think it was at the August Retreat where Paul pointed out...

We think we are human beings looking for our spiritual existance.

We are spiritual being having a human experience.

I tend to agree because science has shown when you really start looking under the microscope for the substance that glues it all together it's just space and all space is energy. We come into physical being from the unknown source we go back to it at the end our our physical experience.

Alex

#9898 08/07/04 07:44 PM
Mark-11 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Alex,

Thanks for taking the time to give such comprehensive interesting answers!

I now certainly have a much better understanding of the belief system behind the course. A lot of the concepts do come down to personal belief.

Some people would say that at the end of your life you cease to exist and there is no spiritual dimension. There is no sure way to prove it either way.

As for the idea that we get what we focus on and we are responsible for everything that we get in life - the essence of this course, I'm sure you'll agree that a starving child in the Sudan hasn't subconsciously focused on being hungry. This seems to be where the idea of manifesting abundance breaks down. I don't expect you to be able to explain this in the context of the AFL course, but a good theory - the theory of manifesting abundance - should apply to everyone and everything.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Mark.

#9899 08/07/04 08:03 PM

The starving child is still under the care of the adult. As long as the adult cannot accept responsability then the child will continue to starve.

Most adults in that area are accepting responsability by going to where food is being supplied and opening up to the care being offered and what is available.

We cannot compare that childs experience with our own. We are raised in a different environment and have a different social concensus. To them owing a television is unimaginable however if they can have a thought of seeing one they will manifest the ability to do so.

One of the fundamental things we need to do is take/accept/own the responsability for the fact that we are where we are. Only when we can accept responsability for every aspect of our lives do we assume/ give ourselves the ability to make constructive changes. Without accepting a responsability we remain victums of circumstance by default.

You could say responsability (respond - ability) is the rudder that helps us stear our ship (life) and unless we find it and take the helm we are going to feel like victums.

The child requires the adult to take responsability until it is old enough to do so for itself. The fact of the matter is while they are starving in our eyes they are surviving to the extent that they allow themselves to be taught responsability. Their faiths and upbringing probably prevents and/or makes it difficult to see rapid progress.

The Abundance for Life course... is the same principle

Give a man a fish (what is happening in the areas where there are starving children) you fend of their hunger for day.

Show the man how to fish (also happening in those areas) you give them a way to fend off hunger everyday.

Their learning curve was the same as ours. Rushing it for them we cannot do just as applying the Abundance for Life course will see everyone progress to their level of comfort at their own rate.

While not everyone will see spirit as existance after and before life... all is energy and science has shown that energy can change forms but it cannot cease to exist.

Feel the energy in the feeling... it can change form... but it cannot cease to exist.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited August 07, 2004).]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved