Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#9922 08/17/04 02:45 PM
Kimwday Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks again, Alex.

I've changed several to match your suggestions. I reworded #6 as follows:

6. I am clearly valued for my contributions at work. My employer, co-workers, audience, and advertisers tell me this directly. I am richly rewarded financially.

I'm still having trouble with #4. The product I'm getting with my current belief system is that the time I used to spend reading, playing music, meditating, and exercizing is diverted into things that are less rewarding. In addition, finances that I used to be able to direct into health club membership, or karate/qigong classes is diverted into other areas. I'm trying to find a statement that helps me redirect time and money into things that fulfill some important needs for me. Right now: "4. My time and financial resources satisfy my mental, physical, and emotional needs." doesn't resonate with me. Can you help me out here? I see light at the end of the tunnel but this one still does not give me the sense of peace Paul mentions in the CDs.

Kim

#9923 08/17/04 03:18 PM
Learning Strategies Admin

I suggest that you remember to give yourself the option to make it as you desire by phrasing it as a choice.

Every thing starts with a choice sometimes we need to give ourselves the go ahead to make a choice.

I choose that my time and financial resources, satisfy my mental, physical, and emotional needs.

When I look at the rest of your list then much of what you you're doing that by default so if the statement doesn't resonate then perhaps it lacks clarity for you what specificly you need to do. So...

You could aim differently by saying something specific like 'Daily I devote an hour to my mental, physical emotional and spiritual needs.'

Try looking at it from a Solution Focus, what would represent the self nurturing that you are seeking. What would you be doing? Then instead of looking at the diversions, focus on your goal and express the goal in the present tense.

If you're stuck on this aspect consider that perhaps it isn't a high priority goal right now so it may not necessary to focus on it. Also remember to self check is it your goal or is it something that you were trained to believe you should have as a goal?

Alex

#9924 08/17/04 04:12 PM
Kimwday Offline OP
OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Alex K. Viefhaus:
I choose that my time and financial resources, satisfy my mental, physical, and emotional needs.

I think that's just the balance I was looking for. I was just having trouble getting my mind wrapped around the phrasing that would have the most impact for me.

quote:
Try looking at it from a Solution Focus, what would represent the self nurturing that you are seeking. What would you be doing? Then instead of looking at the diversions, focus on your goal and express the goal in the present tense.

Still working my way toward that CD, but will definitely bring that into the mix when I get there. I'm working my way through slowly. I listen to a CD or two, then go back a few -- sometimes to the very start -- to make sure that I'm understanding everything in context.

quote:
If you're stuck on this aspect consider that perhaps it isn't a high priority goal right now so it may not necessary to focus on it. Also remember to self check is it your goal or is it something that you were trained to believe you should have as a goal?

Nope. Definitely a strong inner need. When I made the list of what I didn't like about my current manifestations, this or aspects of it came to the top of the list.

Thanks again. I'll start doing inquiries on these seven and developing some representations that will give them more power. I appreciate the time you've dedicated to this.

Kim

#9925 08/18/04 05:44 AM

Alex,

Thank you for reviewing mine and sharing your knowledge. I value it greatly.

I enjoy another bonus from your reply. The experience that sometimes what I want appears different from my expectations. As yours did, I only got to experience it by my desire to learn from other posts. I did a double take when I ran into it. Of course, I continue reading because I learn so much about writing my choices in the present.

Thank you and all whom post. I applaud our courage and determination to live an abundant life of our choosing.

Richard

#9926 08/18/04 02:31 AM

Alex,
Wow, I thought I had worded those in the proper style to most attract those things to me, until I saw your advice. Excellent coaching, I really appreciate it.

#9927 08/18/04 03:42 AM

Thanks for sharing!

I agree this is a very interesting and beneficial thread.

Alex

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved