Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9928 08/13/04 12:59 AM
OP Offline

If anyone here has read this book, I have a question about the 20 or so stretching exercises that Bobbie Stevens advises you to do, in order to eliminate the stress that gets in the way of hearing the important intuitional messages.

If I'm doing Arnold Patent's Feeling exercise on a regular basis, would this be a good substitute for it?

I'm kind of assuming it is, because Paul didn't include these in AFL.

Just wondering
Steve

#9929 08/13/04 09:43 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

At the retreat we simply did yoga stretching first thing in the morning followed by meditation and a bit of tai chi. Any form of limbering up followed by mediation is a good start. Paul just taught us what he had been doing for the morning exercises.

I haven't read Bobbie Stevens book but I note from ny exeperience at the retreat simple yoga followed by meditation worked just fine for me.

Alex

#9930 08/13/04 09:33 PM
OP Offline

That sounds like a great idea.

Wish I could figure out how to fit in the regular aerobic type stuff I do at the gym to keep the weight down, in addition to the stretching, yoga, etc, but I'm sure it can be done.

Thanks for the reply, Alex.

quote:
Originally posted by Alex K. Viefhaus:
At the retreat we simply did yoga stretching first thing in the morning followed by meditation and a bit of tai chi. Any form of limbering up followed by mediation is a good start. Paul just taught us what he had been doing for the morning exercises.

I haven't read Bobbie Stevens book but I note from ny exeperience at the retreat simple yoga followed by meditation worked just fine for me.

Alex

#9931 08/14/04 03:09 AM

The yoga was the basic stuff took about 20 to 30 minutes, probably took longer because Paul was showing us the how to.

The way Paul decribed it. You simply roll out of the bed onto the floor and start on the floor flat on your back. It help if you have some room on the floor beside you bed for rolling around Was a great wake me up too.

Alex

#9932 08/15/04 12:37 PM

SteveBCA...

I'm courious what it is you are wanting to do with stretching and Yoga and fitting those into your aerobic workout? Perhaps I can offer suggestions...I have tought exercise for many years. I would love to be of assistance to you!
Meeladaj

#9933 08/15/04 10:12 PM
OP Offline

Hi Meeladaj,
Thanks for your offer. Hard to explain though what I want. Basically, I want to release stuck emotional patterns that may be stuck in the body,.. and by being stuck there.., they prevent from hearing that important intuitive voice.
This morning I did find some unwrapped yoga vhs tapes, so I think I will look into that. I think I will just ask you though: Do you like Rodney Yee's stuff?
Steve

quote:
Originally posted by meeladaj:
SteveBCA...

I'm courious what it is you are wanting to do with stretching and Yoga and fitting those into your aerobic workout? Perhaps I can offer suggestions...I have tought exercise for many years. I would love to be of assistance to you!
Meeladaj

#9934 08/18/04 03:40 AM

SteveBCA

I am new to Yoga, however, the one teacher that I have been working with is Rodney Yee. I practice the series called "Garden" each night before I do my meditation. What I have found to be most helpful to me is to really stretch my body and open up all the channels to allow the stuck stuff to flow. A lot of times I find myself holding different parts of my body really tightly, so I stop what I am doing, recognize where the feeling is and what it feels like, appriciate it and myself for doing this, then with a deep breath I focus relaxation onto that part of my body. I love and let go.(Basicly the Feelings exercise)
What helps me the most is to think of the thing I love the most in all the world, feel that love, and then apply it to my body where it needs to be. I hope this makes sence to you and helps.
Jadalee

#9935 08/20/04 08:46 PM
OP Offline

edited

[This message has been edited by SteveBCA (edited April 28, 2006).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved