Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10098 10/08/04 05:46 AM
Edmilio Offline OP
OP Offline

I've been trying the feeling exercise with my other senses (Visual/Hearing/Taste/Smell), and realize that the essential ingredient is remaining in the present moment. In the present moment awareness expands.

Also since you are directing love to your now experience and your self, that love/awareness expands.

Am I missing something? This seems to be what the Kabbalists work towards... Connecting with essence. Is it still a trance?

When I do this often, my luck increases. Even more consistant luck than when doing the SMC Alpha meditations.

Does anyone think the feeling exercise can "Cast away all anchors"?

How do you know when you've mastered the exercise?

Somehow I get the gut feeling that Paul Scheele is a master at opening loops in a subtle way.

Excellent Course!!! It sure has me thinking and digging in deeper.

Peace Love and JOY

#10099 11/07/04 12:46 AM

I tend to think that the feeling exercise is the key to opening anything in the universe of the mind. To use other perceptions will of course magnify the feeling.

To let anything go first you must feel it. To feel it is also a form of "acceptance". This allows you to get your hands on the feeling and either hold onto it or throw it away on a mental level.

If you notice that when you try to avoid something or mentally push it away, it just hangs around and bothers you a like smelly bag of rubbish with flies. When you accept and feel it you then have control to do with it as you will.

I would say that your luck is based on your belief system, if you believe that you are lucky then you will be. The more you strengthen your belief and faith in having good luck the more it seems to show up.

When you feel the feeling and let go of things that prevent good luck it opens things up for you.

As far as Mastering the exercises, self mastery is a never ending path.

#10100 11/07/04 07:10 AM

Casting away all anchors? I guess anything is possible.

For a brief period of time I was doing a little work with this guy who had done LSD therapy in India in addition to working with gurus and what not. He was of the point of view that the apparent world was a complete illusion and that everything around us was just a game. The only thing that was real, to him, was an awareness that underlies all things, the awareness of God in which there is niether subject nor object.

I was walking around, thinking about things, and suddenly it hit me very hard that what I was living in was, in fact, an illusion, and suddenly I felt very, very sad. I felt the loss of everything and everyone I loved, for they were all just illusions. Everything that meant anything to me, an illusion.

I went to the guy and told him what I experienced, he looked at me with a strange expression (which, I think, had a little annoyance in it) and said, "You are realziing the truth and your ego is imploding. It's natural, you must deal with it."

So I went off by myself and sat down and did some hard thinking, my conclusion was this: we exist on the level of "illusion" and in this awareness of God simultaneously. God created this world of illusion for a reason, it exists, it has meaning. Making one level mean any more than another is just a matter of bias, or personal choice. The two levels co-exist together. You can be in the world but not of it. This thought gave me a great amount of peace and a feeling of flexibility.

I believe we can exist on a trascendent level where there are no anchors and trance. Yet, at the same time, we have bodies and brains and live in a world ruled by the laws of physics. You will always have anchors, you will always have reactivity, it is part of being mortal, being human, and living in the world.

And at the same time you can experience more and infuse your "lower" self with transcendence. Yet, I think, we will always live in the world and have to be human, which really isn't so bad. These spiritual enhancements are supposed to, I think, make the experience of being a squishy meat bag chained to the laws of physics better and better, rather than replace it.

At least thats how I think about it.

#10101 11/08/04 07:11 AM

Well as far as imploding ego's and the universe, as we know it, falling apart
I see no reason to feel bad about it.

In Zen Buddhism they mention that the Universe is just an illusion also. So if that were true then you could create the illusion you wish to see at any time. It's your experience.

It couldn't be any worse than a film maker producing a story he wanted to see.

So all of a sudden you realized you have control of your life and it's overwhelming.
Nothing new there.

When I realized this my first thought was to visualize going to a party with Ambassadors and Dignitaries, walking up the steps and spilling my champagne on the guest of honor as I tripped on the steps. Getting control of my feelings and then saying something like "Ooops" and then flirting with the most beautiful lady imaginable who was next to me.

So that sobriety thing is only an illusion?

Jeff

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved