Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi,
i have written my goal statement . it is about my ideal vocation or career.
i have written down how exactly i want it.
so here it is
1. i want it to have flexible hours where i get to choose when i work.
2.. I am in the field of healing/spirituality/ sort of psychologist where i help people achieve their full potential help overcome emotional or other problems related to their beliefs.
3. I want to be able to do one on one sessions or a sort of seminar where i could be holding workshops for many people.
4. i would be living in canada and would be earning loads of money doing this.

ok, so here is my goal statement, but the one thing that i dont have here is which course or training should i have. should it be the sedona method instructor or should it be related to nlp/hypnotism/ huna energy methods. Or should it be the silva method. I am at a loss here. deciding which one will be better for me or which one i will be successful in is asking too much. one more problem coming up is how do i get the money for the training. I would love it if somehow i could get the training for learning strategies instructor. dont know if it is possible or not.

any advice on how to proceed with this goals thing.
bye,

Learning Strategies Admin

Your first goal is stated in future tense so you will keep pushing it ahead of you like a carrot on a stick..

Stating it as a want... try stating it as
I allow myself to work flexible hours.

Number two is vague..healing/sprituality/ sort of psychologist... it doesn't say what you are.

Number three is again future thense... worse part about stating an affirmation as a "want" is that it remains wishful thinking.

4 goal is giving in to futre tense. I am or I choose to live in Canada... what is loads of money?... be careful about that expression you can earn loads but profit little with a statement like that. So state what your personal intended income specifically put it in a dollar amount.

Research the potential courses. Experience them for yourself. Asking us to select for you, is asking for trouble. Teach what you know so find the one that works for you. When you find the course that you love to do the experience it will open the path to your finacial resources or means to afford the training.

Alex

OP Offline

thankx for your advice

yes,now i can see that my goals are written in future tense. does this indicate that i am not willing to have it now??
Yes, it is a little vague. but do you think i should have all the details before i can get it , because i am just confused about what to do.

do you think if i just let go of this confusion thing , then i will get some answers or insights about my goals about what to do.

maybe fear of failure is getting in. I am fearing that if i choose something , i will fail in it. and if the answers come in some divine way then it will be good for me. what do you think this is, wanting to be controlled. ummm, maybe.
well, i will try and release on it.oops, no trying only releasing.
bye,

It doesn't mean you don't want it. It means it is going to be just out of your reach as long as you word it that way.

So say something like I allow myself to work flexible hours.

I allow myself to work joyously at helping /coaching others to achieve their full potential.

I allow myself to present the information they need with confidence, to individuals and in groups.

I allow myself to live happily in Canada earning $x income

You could also try "I intend" or "it is my intention" instead of "I allow" however I would then add an expected achievement date. Make your current affirmations/ goal postive statement clear as possible. Positive and in the present tense. It allows you to take action on them now instead of some future date. Your statement can still be open enough to let you discover what you want to do exactly.

Alex

I like using the words, "I choose..." in front of my goal statement. Infact, I thought that is the way that Paul describes it in the Abundance for Life course.

I choose to work joyously at helping /coaching others to achieve their full potential.

I choose to present the information they need with confidence, to individuals and in groups.

Now, that sounds powerful.

That's fine. My examples were to help you start thinking not to provide the answer for yuo

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved