Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Alan, you posted the same link that Alex had in her post after you said that "rainbows aren't circular".

OP Offline

Well after pondering Round Rainbows I came up with a few ideas. If the Chakras assend from red to purple and red is the closest color to the sun, then possibly the Lower Dentian energy center might symbolize the human sun energy and you would have the rainbow colors working in the right order.

Another application might be in Spring Forest Qigong visualizing the column of energy in the body as a round rainbow starting with the sun in the center.

I'm a application kind of guy.

Be Beautiful

Jeff

Alex previous post was filled with references to the cosmic significance of the number 7.

Well I learned something about cicular rainbows - gotta be in a plane to see them.

I do not have access to the magazine Focus but there's a nice picture here ...
http://www.roddyscheer.com/napali_circular_rainbow2.html

The first link does not mention a "cicular" rainbow. The second one does. So we have some odd occurences of people being in airplanes. Great.

I disagree with the quoted author. The earth does not "get in the way" of the rainbow. In order for the phenomena called, "rainbow," we need water droplets, sunlight and an observer at the correct position. In the earth there is no water mist to reflect the sun's light to an observer.

I rarely see a full semi-circle rainbow. It is usually only part of the arc. Does that mean we have the sky or clouds to "get in the way." No it means the reflected sunlight is not there.

Anyone want to bite on, "If there is no observer is there a rainbow?"

From another perspective, we create the rainbow. I like that one.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

The paragraph immediately before the Header What Makes the colours of a Rainbow.. in the first link which is the same one you provided. answers your question about when one can see the fuller arch.

quote:
We don't see a full circle because the earth gets in the way. The lower the sun is to the horizon, the more of the circle we see -right at sunset, we would see a full semicircle of the rainbow with the top of the arch 42 degrees above the horizon. The higher the sun is in the sky, the smaller is the arch of the rainbow above the horizon.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited January 02, 2005).]

Don't you think it's all pretty arbitrary?

Because we see seven colors in a rainbow doesn't mean there *are* seven colors. A person from a different culture may very well see only four distinct colors in the rainbow, while others (say an interior decorator or a painter) may see many more.

The attribution of colors to chakras may be arbitrary. It may just be a way of categorizing and understanding things, not a truth in and of itself.

Higher and lower frequencies of color and vibration make sense as correlaries, but, really, "up there" may no be so heavenly and "down there" may not be so earthy or base.

Up and down are both based on frames of reference that change. For instance, if you're upside down, then the relationship of colors of the rainbow to the chakras matches.

And, also, in experiments with light and refraction through lenses (and that is, I think, what a rainbow is) things often get reversed ... so, it very well may be that purple is indeed "up" and red is "down."

OP Offline

Well I don't think it's arbitrary. A certain standard was laid out for the colors of the energy centers. Somebody had some logic in there to do it that way and have it accepted by most everyone. I was asking if someone knew why they did it that way.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved