Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

First, I want to thank Paul and Pete for sending me the email about it. I got it last Saturday. It's so inspiring and pack with stuff that supports my AFL work that I can only complete about 10pages per day with doing his exercises. At this rate, I estimate finishing in 40 days.

2nd In the email, Pete told us about a contest to find 7 times Paul/LSC was printed in the book.

3rd Now, I'm not one of the PhotoReading students. My immediate reaction was no way can I read and find them. So, I just continued learning from the book.

Then three days ago, I thought, why not skim the book the way I develop to get through grad school. So, in about 2 hours I did, reading mostly the headings. I found 5. So excited, I thought I did it. Then I read their letter again, 7. I gave up.

Then yesterday, evening, I decided to do just scan the pages, finished in an hour. Again, 5. I thought, maybe it's a miss print, they meant 5, not 7. I did scan the whole book. I thought about submitting it that way. But my voice asked, learned in AFL, I asked, Did you really examine the whole book? Yes. Really? Well, no, I didn't look at index. Both times, I never scan it. But it can't be in there. Are you sure? No. So, I look and found the other 2. So, I allow myself the possibility to win. I see myself as a winner.

And I love how this became another learning experience I choice to gain from my AFL course experience.

Richard

Canfields book is an excellent compendium of change techniques which I find useful for dipping into from time to time.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved