Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10595 09/29/05 05:55 AM
golion1 Offline OP
OP Offline

Perhaps I should have posted this under the "feelings exercise" thread, but I was afraid it would be overlooked.

I recently got the program, but I feel like I must be missing something. You want us to "feel" our emotions and bodily sensations and notice their power - (did you get this concept from Vipassana mindfulness meditation)?

O.K., so what's supposed to happen? I don't see that I am gaining anything here. I don't see how this is going to correlate to me discovering "hidden power". You just feel it through until the feeling crescendos and bursts like a bubble? To really "feel" anything, I have to sit by myself - this is not always an option. What I am getting at is that I don't see how this tool is supposed to work. The feeling is eventually come back and you will have to observe the pain and unresourcefulness yet again. Is this seriously the "meat" of the program? Please explain to me: how does this program help one change limits into abundance? What is the process going on underneath the sheets?

I don't see how focusing on crappy feelings or asking a few questions about a specific perception is supposed to translate into long-term, transformative results.

Anybody?

#10596 09/28/05 06:21 PM

If you are new to personal development programs, I suggest that you read some of the suggested books in this website. Specially I like the book written by Jack Canfield called SUCCSS PRINCIPLES and the book by John Assaraf called THE STREET KIDS GUIDE TO HAVING IT ALL. I would also suggest you to read SECRETS OF THE MILLIONAIRE MIND by T. Harv Eker.

I am not promoting any of these books, but based on what you have written I thought you are new to these types of concepts.

best regards

#10597 09/28/05 06:58 PM
golion1 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Minnuboy,

No, not new at all - just stunned enough to post an inquiry as to what is going on. Surely, there must be a reason that justifies the program's price.

#10598 09/29/05 12:31 PM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
Originally posted by golion1:

Perhaps I should have posted this under the "feelings exercise" thread, but I was afraid it would be overlooked.

A feeling?

quote:
I recently got the program, but I feel like I must be missing something. You want us to "feel" our emotions and bodily sensations and notice their power - (did you get this concept from Vipassana mindfulness meditation)?

Nope Arnold Patent

quote:
O.K., so what's supposed to happen? I don't see that I am gaining anything here. I don't see how this is going to correlate to me discovering "hidden power". You just feel it through until the feeling crescendos and bursts like a bubble? To really "feel" anything, I have to sit by myself - this is not always an option. What I am getting at is that I don't see how this tool is supposed to work. The feeling is eventually come back and you will have to observe the pain and unresourcefulness yet again. Is this seriously the "meat" of the program? Please explain to me: how does this program help one change limits into abundance? What is the process going on underneath the sheets?

It's only one of the many powerful tools in the toolkit.

Feel the feeling to own it. If you try to hide from it you're not using your true power and that's why abundance eludes us. First you need to notice and accept what is especially our feelings.

quote:
[bI don't see how focusing on crappy feelings or asking a few questions about a specific perception is supposed to translate into long-term, transformative results.

Anybody?

[/B]

Who says you only notice your crappy feelings. You notice "whatever" you are feeling at the time you do the feeling exercise. Try it when you're on a hight. A powerful experience I can assure you. Also get beyond the labels. "Crappy" is a limiting label. If you really do the exercise you get to notice what the feelings really are.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved