Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi,

Where does one find the courage to take actions which seem ridiculously difficult and even unreasonable.?

For example, if my intuitive voices tell me to quit my job and launch myself freely into the future unshakled, my conscious mind laughs hilariously and says I'm CRAZY to entertain such notions. It appears to be a ticket to becoming homeless fast.

Yet, by holding back, will I be sustaining my trance? And if I do wind up homeless by following my intuition, will I ever trust it again?

It seems too high a price to find out! At least the trance pays the rent.

Learning Strategies Admin

Intuitive voices or trance voices? Wishful thinking?

Trance is the rent too.

Do the Inquiry Process. Then the Seven-Step process on your goal of quitting your job.

You know you don't actually have to quit your job to quit your job. Quit the trances associated with it. Boss is unfair, this is too hard, long hours, not enough pay, Back stabbing co-worker, are all trances. If you just quit, (hand in a resignation) all those trances will continue to follow you. You need to do the work of breaking those trances which in effect is quitting the job as you know it and launching yourself unshackled into the future.

Do the Feeling exercises, do the Inquiry Process quit seeing your job the way you are used to seeing it.

Alex

OP Offline

Thanks for the advice, Alex. It sounds very "wise," indeed. Allow me to play devil's advocate for a moment, however ...

It seems like we're just substituting one trance for another here. I mean, let's suppose I have a life which in the tribal mentality sucks big time ... terrible job, terrible health, terrible social life, terrible prospects ... everything is "terrible" from the pre-enlightened view. You call this a trance. And to break through, I have to break the trance. Ok, but by that, you mean I have to come to a point where I view all the terrible things in my life as "wonderful" things, blessings, things which will propel me into a wonderful future. Hmm ... on one level, that sounds very deep and cosmically revolutionary ... I can live my sucky life in bliss, rather than in pain - it's my choice, and the sooner I break out of my trance, the better.

But then I step back and realize ... isn't THAT a bigger trance? After all, those who undergo surgery without anasthesia are in a very deep hypnotic trance. They block out reality (pain, suffering) with the trance that these things don't "hurt" , and so they can endure suffering which most cannot. But it is they who are in the trance. The vast majority of the population are firmly rooted in reality.

It would seem like taken to an extreme, an evil dictator can use your "trance-breaking" philosophy to ultimately control a population to do whatever they desire, since there would be no condition under which his population would not be happy. "Break free from your trance," the dictator soothes ... with which he means: "Be happy under my tyranny."

Who's under the real trance?

We all are under a trance and always will be. We have moments when we see the truth and at those times we can see the power of of feelings. How they keep us trapped in the trances of suffering.

To get out of the trance we need to realise there is nothing we "have" to do, be or own in order to experience life as joy, peace harmony.

Technically all that we ever need is available to us. We made choices with our trances which parts we allow ourselves access to and which we don't. When we momentarily remove the blinders of the trances we realise our lives do not need to be as "bad" as we experience them.

The dominant trance we want to change is the one that says. I can't.

I can't experience happiness in my current job.

I can't show my partner I love them unless they show me they love me first.
I can't pass this exam.
If I fail at this I can't be happy ever again.
I can't get this right.
I can't PhotoRead.
I can't find the time to do Spring Forest Qigong

I can list many more. The question is if someone else can and has why can't you? Other than believing the trance. I can't is the trance.

Hey be careful too. Just because I pointed out that it's possible to be happy in your current job by deciding that you can be happy, watch out for that invisible I can't (as in I can't have another job. I'm stuck with this one. And I can't change my experience of the tyranny in this job.). That's why you feel that you are exchanging one trance for another because that's what you are trying to do.

When I say "Quit the trances associated with it." I mean get to the point where you are genuinely quitting the trances and having true experiences.

Our human experience will always play on our ability to be caught by the Trance of life. It's like we are playing a game. That doesn't mean we always have to be in that trance.

Really give that Feeling Exercise a workout. The A-ha is not something that can be explained it's something you experience if you do it 30 times in a day for a week I know you'll meet that A-ha. Then you will have a glimpse beyond the trance.

How do we get trapped in a Trance? We judge too much. Our thinking is Can, cannot, right, wrong, Black and White... One is better than the other, one is right, one we should have and not the other depending on the situation (the trance).

I can go on but I won't

Alex

Sometimes you need to just trust your intuition and not over question it, either.

I was in a GREAT job that I LOVED, but had a gut feeling it wasn't going to last long.

Rather than wait until the company I was involved with went out of business, I did the unthinkable and QUIT so could be proactive in creating a new opportunity for myself rather than waiting for the shoe to drop.

I even told my co-workers my intuition, and even though they stayed, they started to think about their options, too.

Suffice it to say that I have now been working for myself for 3 years and earning part-time from home more than I earned full-time.

The company DID go out of business about 8 months after I left. My co-workers, because I had let them in on my reasons for leaving had already decided what they would do should my intuition prove correct, and were OK when the company closed its doors.

If you can't trust your own intuition, who CAN you trust? Sometimes it is more aware of things than our conscious minds, which are too busy with day-to-day stuff to see everything that's going on around us.

OP Offline

Awesome story , 60, - yeah, I keep reading about such inspiring, seemingly miraculous testimonials, and I hope one day I can share one of my own. Until then, I'm still plugging on.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved