Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Hello friends, (assuming I have any left on this forum),

I was intrigued by Paul's mentioning that the birthing experience can traumatize the new-born's neural system, thus imprinting a survival mentaility which serves the individual during his/her first phase of life. And that's why we live in a limitation-mode during phase 1 of our lives.

I happened to have a particularly traumatic birth experience. My mother's labor was particularly difficult, and I was stuck in the birth canal for 9 hours, before it was decided that emergency C-section was required. When I was finally delivered, I was blue as the sky, and did not respond. It took several attempts to get me crying and breathing on my own.

So, I'm wondering maybe that's partly why I'm stuck in the limitation mindset, as well as other problems in my life, as one person commented, my overly negative views (for which I'm profusely apologetic, but that's just me being me, sorry again!).

Could it be that my birthing experience (which in fact was a near-death experience!) imprinted a severely distorted survival/limitation stamp on my neuro-net. If so, how does one heal from it? Does it require working with a professional counselor, or is there a self-help method available?

Thanks.

Learning Strategies Admin

There are counseling options. And Re-birthing programs. They all cost money.

You know there are a couple of simpler things you might want to try.

The Inquiry Process. "My life sucks because I had such a lousy birth experience. "

Take it through the four questions and the turn around. If you have the Abundance For Life manual use one of the worksheets. If not you can grab a worksheet from the works.org

Second technique would be EFT do some tapping on it.

I also suggest working more with the Feeling Exercise it will bring a profound revelation only if you persist and do it a lot during the day. 30 times at least in a day.

Alex

Alex

Can I ask what exactly is the Feeling Exercise you mention in your post?

Regards
Stevie

The short answer is it's described in detail in the book by Arnold Patent, The Journey.

I'll be back later to post the long answer for your benefit.

Alex

I think this is what you are looking for.

Namaste
Gerry

The Feeling Exercise
We are feeling beings. Through our feelings, we connect
with the God Presence, which is the source of our power,
our creativity and our abundance. The Feeling Exercise can
assist us in reconnecting to the feelings we have repressed. It
is one of the simplest and most direct methods of reclaiming
our power.
Try practicing this exercise on a consistent, day-to-day
basis, until feeling our feelings fully and freely again becomes
our natural way of being.
Close your eyes and scan your body. Notice how you are feeling.
Then:
1. Feel the feeling free of any thoughts you have about it. Feel
the energy, the power, in the feeling.
2. Feel love for the feeling just the way it is. Feel love for the
power in the feeling.
3. Feel love for yourself feeling the feeling and feeling the power
in the feeling.
As you begin the process of feeling your feelings free of labels,
descriptions or judgments, first notice the energy in the
feeling. The energy has a vibration; feel the energy vibrate
through your body. Then notice the intensity of the energy
as it vibrates through your body. Finally, feel this intensity
of energy as power—your own power.

See source for more
www.arnoldpatent.com/handbook_J_.pdf

Last edited by Alex K. Viefhaus; 06/03/06 12:59 PM.

Follow-up on the feeling exercise.
Namaste
Gerry

by Grady Claire Porter.

THE POWER OF PEACE MEDITATION

I feel, with unconditional trust, that I am
the whole of the Universe, and all that I see is Me.

I feel, at my deepest level,
the power of being who I am.

I feel the willingness and the readiness
to exercise the power of being who I am.

I feel the gentleness of my own power,
and the absolute certainty of knowing
that my power is the power of peace.

I feel the conviction and trust of my Self so totally
that I no longer need to project anything
but absolute and unconditional love.

See Source for more
http://www.arnoldpatent.com/peaceexercise.html

Last edited by Alex K. Viefhaus; 06/03/06 12:55 PM.

Follow-up on feelings
Namaste
Gerry

FEELINGS (Additional Comments)

Our understanding about our feelings is that when our feelings are comfortable, pleasant and upbeat we are doing well. We look to duplicate these feelings as much as possible. What we overlook is that when we are uncomfortable, we are right next to our power. When we seek to avoid feeling our uncomfortable feelings, we are avoiding reconnecting with our power. Feeling uncomfortable is the way our souls remind us that we are allowing our beliefs in limitation and powerlessness to remain in place. This is our opportunity to increase our level of intention to feel our feelings fully and through them reconnect with our power.

Feeling comfortable, pleasant and upbeat is really the time when we are in a period of rest and relaxation. This is when we have the opportunity to prepare ourselves for the times when we are uncomfortable. These contrasting periods are similar to the phases an athlete in training goes through. He is making progress when he heightens his intention and exceeds his prior level of performance. After this intense focus of energy the body wishes to rest. Keeping this analogy in mind will be helpful in encouraging the use of both phases as opportunities to support yourself.

The Universe is always providing us with the most perfect support possible. Our role is learning how to see this support more clearly and then opening to it and appreciating it. One of the simplest ways to bring this all together is through a stronger commitment to doing THE FEELING EXERCISE as often as possible and at ever deeper levels of feeling.

By Arnold M Patent

Hi Hartreefoch,
John Bradshaw's book "Homecoming" looks at some mind techniques you can use to heal early emotional "inner child" wounds - I found it very helpful in combination with general meditation/self-hypnosis.
best wishes
Ingrid

To statt with, Hartree, I consider myself your friend

And then a bit off your topic: Thanks Gerry for the feeling exercise! I resonated with it immediately and was compelled to use it for my less pleasnat feelings. Great! (The day I read about hte exercise here in the forum, I had eartlierly been pondering "If a person has a very limited ability to plan future, what would be the alternative route for seslf-development?" You see, almost every single self-development program is based on planning the future, making decisions about the future, seeing oneself in the new situations, and testing how does it feel, sound, look like... etc. So, the answer was: Feeling exercise!! Fantastic!)

[He].2s2.2p4

Last edited by Oxygen; 06/09/06 09:33 AM.

And today it occurred to me i could do the Feeling exercise with my good feelings also! It was an entirely new perspecitve! You see, good feelings is what I need most, I've been oscillating with the bad feelings for far too long.

it makes the good feelings stronger, more acceptable, more sure, easier, whatever you can think of. More tangible.

[He].2s2.2p4

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved