Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#10793 03/08/06 06:16 AM
OP Offline

I was quite impressed with the testimony of the corrections officer on the AFL DVD. I was wondering, though, why he wanted to leave the correctional system. I mean, it seems to me that AFL (and similar philosophies) would be ideal as a part of rehabilitating those with criminal natures. Actually, this leads me to ask 2 questions:

1. Has anyone tried to use AFL, or any of the LSC programs, as part of a systematic program to help rehabilitate convicts?

2. If someone with a naturally criminal mind wanted to manifest "evil" (for example, to make himself a more successful criminal) using the principles in AFL, what's to prevent the universe from accomodating him/her?

I mean, who are we to judge what the universe regards as "right" and "wrong." We have societal values and norms, which we have collectively agreed upon to form our civilization. But that's far from saying our laws and morals are thus universal truths.

To take a softer example, consider the testimony of someone in this forum who reported using AFL principles to gain multiple sex partners. Now, my priest would be jumping up and down in rage over this, since in his world-view, God intends for sex to be sacred between a married couple, and he would condemn AFL as being an immoral tool if it can be used in this way. But to the person who manifested multiple sex partners, it was a triumph which adds richness to his life, and he considers it a blessing from the universe. Who's right? Both? Neither? Who can judge?

Take that to the next level, then ... if someone wanted to use AFL for something which we consider to be more heinous, who can judge? Where do we draw the line between what's "good" vs. "bad" manifestations?

#10794 03/08/06 01:51 AM

In a nut shell I would describe "bad" as something hurtful to either yourself or others. Yes well ,we could then debate what is "hurtful" couldn't we ? Ah well symantics!

Everything you do / think is not OK in my opinion - it is not that simple if it hurts others. I had a moments flash of thought rejection the other day while listening when it made it sound like anything was OK and my thought was of my father-in- law and what he did was not OK - and yet he still tries to justify it all. He would love to have someone tell him it is really all OK

You're right, many do manifest "evil" or "bad"
Hitler hurt others.
Sexual abuse of another hurts others while giving satisfaction to the perp.
etc.

Lisa

#10795 03/08/06 09:22 PM
OP Offline

It is documented that Hitler used paranormal, cultish practices and rituals to enhance his power. Whether they actually worked, of course, is a matter of debate.

Having known those with an anti-social bent, I know first hand that their whole mentality is different from those who are more sociably adjusted. It's hard to imagine people who don't have a "conscience", who would not hesitate to "hurt" someone else for their own advantage. But truly, what we call "good" is a totally foreign notion to them. They view the world fundamentally different, and act congruently with that view. It's hard to judge them, because given a different set of social norms and values, they would be accepted as "normal."

Anyway, I was just curious if someone has thought about using LSC concepts/materials to rehab such individuals. If not, why not? Seems like a whole lot of "good" can result.

#10796 03/09/06 05:29 AM

hartreefoch obviously ive touch your soft spot for you to attack me without directing it at me, whats that call back stabbing, its ok it doesnt hurt at all.
Naturally there is no right or wrong, it is us humans who lable things through our feelings.. we are constantly manifesting things in our life, whether you like what others are manifesting or not, its their life, focus on your life and how can get the things you want..
Someone with a naturally crimal mind would change because naturally they are not a criminal and I doubt they will take AFL seriously in the first place, they'll just think its all mumbo jumbo and give it a miss..
I know you are referring to me when you said that you are being bashed here in this forum,youve made yourself out to be the victim here, noone but you, youve done it all on your own making yourself a victim, your right, your absolutely right that im bashing you, but what Im bashing are your ideas, Im challenging your ideas so that you can step out of that box that your in and see the bigger picture. Im challenged all the time its just another way of learning,it makes us stronger so instead of bagging me to lisa and the rest of the forum, challenge me. Do you have what you claim you have or what you think you have? what is that you have? its all a learning process..

[This message has been edited by liuaki_F (edited March 08, 2006).]

#10797 03/09/06 03:56 PM
OP Offline

liuaki_F,

Thank you for your responses and re-challenges.

Thank you for reminding me that there's a difference between an idea and the person who has that idea.

Hopefully we will have plenty more opportunities to play with ideas in the future.

You are right - I need to focus more on the positives for now, and once I have a few solid successes under my belt, maybe this will help settle most of the conflicts within.

Thanks again for being my teacher.

#10798 03/12/06 11:36 AM

hartreefoch,
Everyone is everyones teachers, we are constantly learning through one another, I was amazed at some of the things that I wrote responding to you. Once I started writing things just came out and ive never noticed it before and I thank you for bringing it up to a conscious level for me..
Take care,

#10799 04/07/06 02:10 AM

hartreefoch you are a hoot!!

You do love to stir the pot don't you..... ?

: )

#10800 04/07/06 04:08 AM

I respect Hartreefoch because he is bravely voicing ideas any intelligent human would or should think, instead of blindly accepting something given to him or her. It is only by questioning (essentially, the inquiry process) that one can come to a better understanding of the truth, and grow. I too had the same ideas, and wondered why some of these powerful mind development techniques could not be used for bad purposes. From my study and research, I found that many of these techniques emphasize that there is a check and balance mechanism in place which ensures that they cannot be mis-used, especially if the techniques are based on using universal energy or consciousness.

This brings us into the whole philosophical debate of what is "good" or "bad", and the existence or universal consciousness. I believe that if a person's intent determines the outcome of actions, a person misusing certain techniques or energy can only bring about bad outcomes to him or herself in the long run.

[This message has been edited by InquiringMind (edited April 06, 2006).]

#10801 04/07/06 08:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by InquiringMind:
I believe that if a person's intent determines the outcome of actions, a person misusing certain techniques or energy can only bring about bad outcomes to him or herself in the long run.

thats just basic common sense, anyone in their right frame of mind would know that, but thanks for your input,
anything else you would like to share with us that we might not know?

[This message has been edited by InquiringMind (edited April 06, 2006).]

#10802 04/07/06 07:19 PM
OP Offline

Thanks, SoulSource and InquiringMind, for your encouragement and insights.

Yes, I think history has shown (and is showing) that there will always be a balance between Light and Dark - Yang and Yin - in all human endeavors on all scales. Within the individual, there is always tension between what I want to do versus what I know I ought to do. Within society, there is tension between those who are inclined to build up others versus those who want to tear them down. And between societies, there is tension as we seek to secure dwindling resources to ensure our own survival at the expense of others.

Depending on who is wanting what and when, one person's Heaven can be another's Hell. This duality seems to be an integral aspect of our reality at a certain level. The highest state comes when the two opposites merge into one unified Whole. Admittedly, that seems impossible to do: mix Fire and Ice, and you get something very different from Fire and Ice. How can the two exist independently, yet as One? And somehow, they must.

How do I react when a criminal breaks into my house to rob and rape me, then slithers triumphantly back into the darkness to digest his blood feast?

Feel the feeling, feel the power in the feeling, feel myself feeling the feeling, feel myself feeling the power in the feeling ....

Yes, in time, perhaps the criminal will pay for his actions. And, yes, in time, perhaps I will forgive and forget him. I wonder, though, whether true enlightenment comes when I realize that he and I are one and the same being. Fire and Ice. How can the two exist in the same place at the same time?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved