Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I'm wondering how to handle a thought I'd like to subject to Inquiry when there's no "person" involved. It seems from the manual, and from the course, that you need to peg your thought to a person -- in this case, there's no person involved at all; no one I can "blame" for my thought disquieting. Any advice? Thanks!

comstrat,

I think Inquiry can be done on anything, whether it be people. ideas, philosophies, thoughts, etc. Like, I started to do it on the AFL philosophy itself, although some in this forum didn't appreciate that. Nevertheless, I learned a lot from the exchange.

I think the basic process can be applied: keep asking questions from all different angles and perspectives about what it is you're subjecting to inquiry until you arrive at a congruent truth.

OP Offline

That does make sense; I was questioning the process because it does seem to indicate that you need to address a "person." But I suppose the "person" could be, as you say, anything. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for your thoughtful response.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Doing the Inquiry Process on yourself use the expression My thinking.

I am upset / angry sad with myself or your own name) because I have disquieting thoughts.

I am angry at my body because....

just use whatever IS bothering you that you need to do the inquiry on.

Turning it around my body is angry at me...
my thinking is my body is angry at me. My thinking is I am angry at my body..

Alex

OP Offline

Whew! I thought there must be a way. It's such a powerful process, but I did get hung up on the "other person" aspect of it.

Thanks, Alex!

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved