Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi Folks,

Need some advices here.
I've been having a difficult time in getting rid of my "Unoworthiness". I've always been having the feeling of unworthy for some time.
This feeling has created lotsa unhappiness and lack of fulfillment in my life. I should say that it's also the same feeling as feeling unappreciated by others. Even though I realized that I've done and given enough (something, love...etc), I still feel the same way.

For example, I've always been feeling that I don't deserve to be in others' attention or appreciation. Another part of myself, in contrary, feel the opposite way and I keep telling myself that I'm special, worthy or better than any others. The thought of "I deserve something BIG" has always crossed my mind but at the same time the feeling of unworthiness still prevails. Can you understand the inner conflict?

I've been always thinking of getting myself a beatiful girlfriend. (I know I can create it) But meanwhile lotsa unresourceful thoughts and feeling keep emerging from my mind. E.g. I'm not good enough....I want to focus on my career.....I'm unworthy.....People won't be interested in me.....blah..blah...
Another part of myself always has the thoughts of ..."I'm a catch"...."I'm exceptional"...."I deserve a better girl"...

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
I've always been having the feeling of unworthy for some time.

Positive affirmations take many forms. That sentence above is one of them. Not positive you think? It is in the sense that that is exactly what you will continue to get.

Do the Inquiry Process... Is that true? etc.

Alex

why did you chose that name for yourself? I create reality? out of curiosity...
Im just gona ask you a few questions first just so I can get a better picture,
why do you think that your not good enough? good enough for what or for whom?
Why wont people be interested in you?
Is it your physical appearence or your personality is dry and dull?

Your having these conflicts within yourself and its obvious which side is winning isn't it?

Heres a simple one for you. write a list downward of the things thats making you feel unworthiness as you call it. Now write the opposites of them besides it, do it with all of it.
When your done, rip up the paper in the middle so that you have two lists, throw away the unworthy list and just focus on the positve list.

Up untill now the unworthy side of you has been winning, which left you feeling exactly that. The only reason why it won is simply because you nurtured it, paid more attention to it then the other.
Now suppose you spend the same amount of thought and energy to the list you now have as you did with your list of unworthiness, what do you suppose would happen? Ill leave the rest up to you.
You see both lists that you just made up are neither true nor false, its what you nurture that will show as true only to you..........
Have fun

Though I've not used the AFL system that this forum is for - I think I can at least relate to what you are going through.

In order to build up momentum toward a feeling of unworthiness, you would have to accept your unworthiness as truth right? So having built that kind of momentum simply means that you have a habit of accepting unworthiness as truth. Therefore, to say to yourself "I'm worthy" would seem to you to be a lie for you have grown so accustomed to accepting unworthiness as truth.

If you persist in believing in your worthiness despite the fact that it feels like doing so is "lying to yourself" you will eventually come to the point that you are at now. Each part seems to be of equal truth. The very fact that you are experiencing this kind of "teeter totter" seems to indicate a good degree of success in breaking your old habit, yes?

So where to from here? Have you heard the story about the indian brave and the two dogs at war within him?

There was once a young brave who was not growing up. He could not do anything that the other braves could do and seemed to be too afraid to stand up for himself. A wise elder decided to send the brave out into the forest to fend for himself, forbidding the brave to return unless he had learned what he needed to learn. After three months in the wilderness, the young brave returned and approached the elder. To be sure that the brave had indeed learned what he needed to learn, the elder questioned the brave.

"What have you learned?"

"There are two dogs within me. One is all that is good in me, the other is all that is evil in me. I am capable of each of them, but they are constantly fighting within me. I have not been able to achieve what I know I am capable of because the good dog can never surface because the evil dog is always fighting with it."

The elder nodded, clearly the brave had learned something - but was it enough?

"Which dog wins?" He asked the brave.

The brave paused. He was stumped. Had he not learned enough? But then the answer came to him as sure as dawn comes to the night sky.

"The dog that I feed the most, wins."

I know, I know. It's a lot of words to just say "keep focusing on the good." But that's the gist of it...

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved