Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

I am in accord with your take on over aggressive marketing although I am heartily in favor of profit and that comes from honest business dealings which from all I can see is what LSC practices.
The influence is strong because the usa is In fact an over-aggressive country which is how it began and how it continues to this day. But that's another story which I would love to discuss (or debate) in more detail but it is out of the realm of this Forum.
Like I said, this is a hodgepodge and more tedious and even involved than this kind of information needs to be.
You are welcome to contact me personally and I will offer a recommendation for something that is far less costly, like about three per cent of what this costs. There is just no need to spend thousands or even hundreds of dollars for this kind of material.
I have been on this journey for many years and there are basic truths that have worked and that do work, but what I stumbled on (came to me as a git from the Universe) recently has put everything into perspective. I experienced that "Eureka" and everything is falling into place.
Eagle Warrior

I have mixed feelings about AFL. I don't think we create our own realities in an absolute sense from our "energies." Reality does not "manifest" from our true wills. We do, however, create our realities from our "energies" in a very real sense. Our deepest feelings and experiences are the seeds of our actions, and because our actions affect our environments, dealing with these "creative energies" in healing ways does affect our realities in positive ways.

The system of influence presented therein can be found in other sources. It's quite manipulative, or can be. One technique in particular involves an elaborate version of what is called "pseudo-orientation in time."

You basically ask a series of questions that builds a strong representation of your client having all kinds of experiences you want them to have. If, for instance, you want the client to buy a car, you might ask, "What do you think will dissatisfy you about owning this car, having owned it for some time? What sort of dissatisfactions do you think you'll have a month from now vs. a year? Five years? Ten years? Do you think you'll still own the car after ten years or will you sell it by then? What do you think you'll have done to remedy or simply deal with the problems with it you will have had now?" While you are asking the client to specify dissatisfactions, which may seem counter-productive, you are getting the client to presuppose he or she will own the car. You don't ask the questions in a machine-gun like fashion, but rather let the client ruminate and discuss each one.

After asking a lot of different questions of this nature, the client will get used to the idea of owning the car and having a variety of experiences with it. Used artfully, it can be very compelling and actualy make a the client very willing to purchase the car. A complex and detailed representation of having owned a car for a very long time can make you feel you already have a relationship with it.

Also, if you pay attention to the kinds of words your client or persuade-ee uses and find out the equivalence for those terms in more detailed descriptions, and feed back the exact words, you will find yourself being very persuasive and the persuade-ee feeling understood and being very agreeable.

In finding the equivalences, you can also offer alternatives. If "freedom" is a value, and the equivalence to freedom is "doing whatever I want with it" you may ask about other evidences of freedom that may be more in line with what you are trying to sell and use those. Again, the client may re-word what you say, and if so, use the client's words.

Going back to the pseudo-orientation in time and including the values, you may ask, "How will having owned this vehicle for a year increase your sense of freedom? Do you think it ill impede on your freedom in some way? How do you think others will experience more freedom because you own this car?" Etc. Enrich the representations in every way you can. Use multiple time frames, multiple perspectives (self and other). "Imagine you are your significant other, from this perspective, how has your spouse (you, from their perspective) experienced increased freedom by owning this car? What do you hear your friends saying about it? How does he look owning that car?"

There will also be a hierarchy of values and values that interact in certain ways. A nasty person can be very manipulative here. The good thing about it is, when someone has been screwed on this level, the retribution for it can be extremely venomous and the sin unforgotten and unforgiven for a long time.

The upside of it is that if you're ethical, this method will lead to more satisfaction and more respect of what the other person really wants, versus what you think they want. That is, you'll be thinking about their values instead of yours.

But the persuasion aspect of this program is just one.

All in all, I am very glad I bought the program, even though I disagree with some of the philosophy or world-view in it.

The machinations you describe are an excellent sales technique for allowing a "persuadee" to mentally own a product or service and thereby lead t o a sale via thought and provocation.
On the other hand, I not only disagree but know to a certainty from my own life and my observations that Energy and Thought do indeed create or manifest into reality.
The energy of thought with congruent emotion brings about results - period! That's the way it is. That's the way it works. If you stop and study your own life you will see this.
All the tedium and manipulation and gimmicks (i.e. paraliminals) and maneuvering that is filler for AFL and numerous other so-called self-help regimens is just not necessary and serves to give the illusion of giving a lot of value for a lot of money.
On a more personal note, I wanted to return this program but got stuck in an LS "catch." So I need to look at having gotten some benefit from it in order to justify the expense.
Of course if you BELIEVE you need all that extraneous mire it will work for you.
Eagle Warrior

Very interesting discussion. Though I don't agree to a lot of the comments, but that's life,,,

I myself see in my future a time when I will get the AFL course, IF i don't get the information and skills otherwise, also I don't know when this will be. Iäm just calm and sure there are some things to learn for me in the AFL course. But I'm not ordering it before I'm ready for it. It's a certain kind of feeling when I'm ready.

I already learned the feeling exercise which is one of the core patterns in AFL, as far as I know (not having the course), and it has made a great impact.

I have had a similar feeling about natural brilliance course. A year ago Alex recommended it to me. I did not follow her advice, instead used other paraliminals. And during the winter I ordered fous other courses and enjoyed them. Only two weeks ago I was "ready" for the Natural brilliance. I feel i hot it exactly at the right time. I would not have been able to utilize it in this way before. To me it's like i had to gain other skills before being able to utilize the course porperly.

Óf course these thoughts are only my thoughts. But I have learned to trust my OTC mind in certain cases. So I'm not recommending any course to anybody if they feel like it'äs not for them.

[He].2s2.2p4

Prosperity, romance, success, easy living, eternal youth, etc are not aspects of human greed. They are the worthwhile mostly non-invasive desires of any human.
There can only be greed when one covets ALL for him/herself by any means to the exclusion of others. But there is no shortage of any of those worthy things.
As stated previously, I personally have no problem with marketing hype as long as it does not misrepresent. If you can make a healthy profit, go for it but deal honestly.
For me, the AFL course is contrived and wholly unnatural, and in my opinion, way over-priced. The bottom line of the course, as I see it, is the truth of manifestation as has been known for centuries, thought and congruent feelings become our reality.
There is much more and much better available on this for much, much less.
And as an aside and on an even more personal note, I have a profound problem with one who presents a course espousing love as one of its foundations who kills animals (huntng and fishing) for fun and relaxation.
Louis Eagle Warrior

Yeah, the price is high. I reckon I would have bought hte course by now if it wasn't htat expensive. But, as I said, I feel i will get the course some time. I feel there are some things to be learned for me.

During this winter I bought two course (cheaper ones) and I felt even before buying that there will be things not useful for me in those courses. And so it appeared to be. I even felt repelled to some of the aspects in the courses. But at the same time there were very useful learnings. I'm reaping the benefits now, with the natural brilliance course.

There may be some not usefulthings in AFL also, but the core is safe. The course is of course what you decide to do with it. It's only a tool, it in itself is nothing if you don't use it.

Ingrid Offline OP
OP Offline

Many thanks to everyone for all your comments. There is definitely a lot to think about. I can't deny that my suspicions about the potential for hypocrisy on a course such as this one haven't totally gone away yet, but I suppose at the end of the day all things are tools and what is most important is how you actually choose to use a tool and also to what actual purpose you choose to use it. AFL is still prohibitively expensive for me at this time, however. Who knows what decisions or possibilities the future may hold though?
Thanks again for all your thoughts.
best wishes
Ingrid

You just don't need to spend all that money for this course. There is a lot more available for a whole lot less. A lot less.
As I mentioned, AFL in my opinion is contrived, forced and a hodgepodge - a lot of it filler.
Eagle

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved