Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

After listening to Bobbie Stevens interview featured in the AFL course, I purchased her book, Unlimited Futures. I wonder if others have as well, and if anyone is doing the practice she recommends?

I'm quite impressed with the book and her work. Here's the rub though. There is only time in my day for one one hour practice, and I'm wondering if doing Qigong for an hour would be just as productive as Bobbie's program - if the same results are achieved? Those results are an awakening of intuitional guidance and perception of the superconsciousness - you know, the enlightenment quest.

I assume some people here are practicing Qigong, but I wonder if there is anyone who has practiced both, and can explain the similarities and effects they experienced.

Hey, thanks alot.

I think you are talking apples and oranges. I used to teach Qigong (and martials arts).
Qigong is wonderful for physical, emotional and spiritual health and harmony. The 7 steps or any program of visualization is for life-enhancement, and change.
Having said that, Qigong will clear the airways, so to speak. By the way, one does not have to perform any specific Qigong regimem (regardless of marketing efforts). Unless it is one tailored for specific body systems, like the '8 Brocades' any are beneficial.
Even doing nothing more than basic Qigong breathing perhaps combined with 'hugging the tree.'
Make sure you glue your tongue to your upper palette when doing Qigong.
Hope this is helpful. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

[This message has been edited by Eagle (edited May 12, 2006).]

[This message has been edited by Eagle (edited May 12, 2006).]

OP Offline

Thanks for the response Eagle. Let me clarify. The part of Bobbie's program I'm talking about is not the seven steps. She has a routine of 30 or so stretching/ movement exercises followed by 20 minutes of meditiation/breathing technique to be performed twice a day. The purpose is to relase stress, strengthen the nervous system while refining your energy, which will begin to initiate intuitive abilities.

I had never heard of Qigong until recently - should have mentioned that. I got the Spring Forest Course after reading Chunyi Lin's "Born A Healer." Spring Forest Qigong follows a similar path as far as having an active portion followed by a meditative portion. Though I believe Chunyi calls both parts meditation.

I am interested to know if anyone in the LSC community or LSC staff has practiced both SFQigong and the Unlimited Futures routines and felt strongly one way or the other about their intuitive abilities being strengthened and stress level decreased?

This is what happens when someone (myself in this case) only knows half the story. I was unaware that Bobbie Stevens book included exercises.
I have, however, found Qigong, any form of Qigong, highly beneficial.
When I visited China it was fascinating to visit a park in Beijing early in the morning and finding people there of all ages practicing one form of Qigong or another. Also Taijiquan (aka:Tai Chi Chuan). Most people are unaware that Taiji is a very effective and deadly martial art.
Louis Eagle Warrior

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved