Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
yoyoyo Offline OP
OP Offline

I have been having trouble getting images, I don't know what to look for. Are the images clear and lively and bright and distinct, or is it something that you just make out of dust and shadows?

All I've ever seen is hypnogogic images like purple splotches.

But other of Wenger's exercises get you to visualize specific things like a door that you then go through... They are not image streaming though...

I am not familiar with the source you are refering to. But I was taught what was called "Image Streaming" by Paul Sheely at www.learningstrategies.com in his Photoreading program. This teaches you to process information at 25,000 words a minute.
It is not speed reading. It uses whole brain learning methods. It works.

The image streaming he taught was to relax and recall a past vivid experience to another person or a tape recorder. Recall everything about the experience, access all the memory of all of your senses, relive the experience as much as you can, and SAY IT ALL out loud. This makes the brain hemisphere link work harder, which increases memory ability and is supposed to increase IQ by .8 points per 20 minutes of practice. He quoted some study on this, but I do not recall it. I am sure he would answer the question if you asked.
I believe this technique this is covered in his book on photoreading. You can buy it at the web site listed above. The key is getting the right brain total database of past experiences practicaly linked out through your verbal logical left brain into words.

I would believe there is a point of diminishing return. Most of us are not use our brains efficiently, but who knows. How do you rate the IQ of people who can do very complicated math in their heads, etc etc?
Lacking a really good definition of what intelligence even is, knowing the limits is hard. Some of the things people have done with Photoreading, things I have done in my work, defy logical explanation. Any time you can really tap the right brain, the left brain can not really grasp it. IQ specs is a very left brain concept. True intelligence is so much more than what those tests can quantify.

I don't really see images in front of my eyes, just some bright splashes. what i can do is imagine ( in the normal way) and that way i can get pretty good images, but i think that thats not image streaming. with the light bulb technique i do get get that a strange image but that doesn't change into anything else

I don't really see images in front of my eyes, just some bright splashes. what i can do is imagine ( in the normal way) and that way i can get pretty good images, but i think that thats not image streaming. with the light bulb technique i do get get that a strange image but that doesn't change into anything else.
What i do notice is that my imagination runs wild with pot , but didn't tried to image stream yet )

I don't really know what image streming really is but judging by your responses I think that I can do it.
When I look at an object or objects, I can shut my eyes and when in the right frame of mind, I can still see the objects as if my eyes were open. The colours are different, however. I can change the colour of the objects but not consciously. I can also move the whole image about in my head.
The first time this happened to me, I was staring at a bottle on a table, paying no attention to any of the other objects on the table. When the image formed in my mind, I was surprised to find that I could not only see the bottle but all the other objects on the table. I concluded that this is how the photographic memory works.
To see these images, you have to be relaxed, no need to take drugs. Relax and just let the image form, don't try to force it as this brings the conscious into play. The conscious mind is not what's responsible for the image. The unconscious mind is. the image is formed when the unconscious and the conscious minds are brought together. Explaining the approach is difficult but try this.

I am replying to your question of what I see when I image stream. I am surprised by the number of people who seem to see very little.

I assure you that image streaming really works, in that I really see extremely engaging things when I image stream. It is closer to having a very controlled lucid dream than anything else I have experienced.

As for all of the IQ benefits posited by Win's book, I don't know. I do know that it has started to become an invaluable source of creative inspiration from which to draw. It is also EXTREMELY entertaining.

I have some adaptations to the basic methods discussed in the book. I don't use a tape recorder, nor do I speak to another person. I speak aloud to myself, sometimes I whisper to myself when I think I can be overheard. I also find it good to cover my eyes with my hands sometimes to block out ambient light.

If all you can see is splotches of light when you start, then describe them in as much detail as you can. Eventually, you may realize that you are having difficulty concentrating on that description because another image is trying to force it's way into your conscious mind. This is what you are looking for... this new image is the one coming from your subconscious... just describe it and you are on your way to image streaming.

Hope this helps.

huh? this is really interesting! what
is win's book? and who is wenger?

thanks!
sheila

I answered this in a previous post,however, I will reiterate for prosterity.
When you image stream it should be like viewing a scene thru a VIEW MASTER. With practice you will mentally see full color,depth,characters,shading,etc.
An excellent exercise in pre-image streaming technique is to look thru a VIEW MASTER and verbally (out loud) describe in detail what you see..the color..depth..etc.
Let a few hours past..and then mentally rehash what you saw and described thru the view master...you are now image streaming..now go listen to LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS on the Beatles SGT. Peppers album and image stream. WOW..what a wonderful trip it is.

Someone said they don't know who Win Wenger is. You can read some of his material here:
http://www.beyondhuman.com/winsights/
and
http://www.winwenger.com

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved