Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bryan Offline OP
OP Offline

Does anyone know if you'd get ever more results if you did it more hours each day for many weeks, for example 2 hours a day for 6 weeks instead of 1 hour a day for 3 weeks, that's 4 times more so would that give you 4 times the results?

Well my guess is it may have more effect. But let me tell you that its not as easy as it sounds. I was doing it for about a week. It gets really boring, becasue even if you are only underwater for 1hr it always took me about 2 hours to finish. I dont know about you but holding my breath for as long as I can time after time isnt fun by any means.

So in regard to your question I do think you will get greater gain, but I also think you will get burnt out within a few days if you try to get 2 hours of underwater time a day. You will be spending about 4 hours in your pool a day. If you have the time and motivation I say go for it.

-Benny

Administrator
Administrator

At some point there is going to be diminished return. Consider what else you could be doing for that hour? Is it really worth it for that small extra?

Alex

Bryan Offline OP
OP Offline

I see what you mean benny, I have been holding my breath (not in water) the past couple days so I can kinda get my lungs in shape and it is difficult and boring. But I do have plenty of time on my hands and usually wind up bored anyway so I might as well spend the extra time improving myself. Alex, I know where you are coming from also but I have been trying to image stream, photoread, memory optimizer for a long time but it's hard for me, my mental muscle just isn't very strong which is why I want to do the underwater breathing. I figure if it helps my brain like it's supposed to it help help me do the other iq-boosting techniques I just mentioned, brainwork is difficult for me but it's easier to make myself do physical work, by physical work I mean underwater breathing, I also plan on doing L. Ron Hubbard's Clear Body Clear Mind program, read the book, it's interesting.

Administrator
Administrator

In what way isn't your mental muscle strong enough? What is really your goal?

Alex

Bryan Offline OP
OP Offline

What I mean by my mental muscle not being strong enough I mean that I have trouble concentrating, I'm not very creative, I have a bad memory and learning ability, I find it difficult to visualize, my overall thought process is a little slower than most people's, you name it. Basically I feel like all my mental abilities need to be improved and that is my goal.

Administrator
Administrator

For concentration try applying the tangerine technique when doing other task. Also remember to break down task which require concentration into managable parts. People with concentation skills tend to do things step by step. Give them a new task they will seem to lack concentration like anyone else. It's once you've determined what you have to do and in what order you need to do them.

For creativity, not everyone is meant to be creative some have better math skills others language. Not to suggest that you don't find ways to enjoy creative activities. You might find more fun in art, music if you realise you probably already are much more creative than you give yourself credit for.

On the whole I do suggest you focus on one aspect you would like to improve at a time. That way you can see results faster. In all it still comes back to actually spending time using the mental skills you talk of. Considering the brain is like a muscle you need more than one type of exercise to develop it.

In any case your best results will be with the first hour after that diminished returns. Consider also that you are actually depriving your brain of oxygen during that period. Longer periods could be more actually cause the reverse of the desired results, because you're not necessarily challenging the brain instead perhaps damaging it. The problem may not even become noticable for many years.

They say everything in moderation. Exercising any muscle for more than an hour a day, especially in the beginning, causes more problems than it's worth.

Alex

Bryan Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for the advice, makes alot of sense

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved