Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#11112 01/25/01 04:09 AM
OP Offline

Get to work on giving Tim a chance for success.

I agree, Tim does deserve a break, he's worked real hard.

Thanks, it's comforting to know that things will probably work themselves out if I give myself a little breathing room. But I want it now! Boo-hoo. jk. Patience, it's a virtue. Or so I've been told.

...when you're heading towards the light at the end of the tunnel, don't forget to first try the light switch, you might be pleasantly surprised... (Tim-1/24/01)

#11113 01/25/01 09:36 AM

Hi Tim,

let me add some of my own wisdom to all the good proposals already posted.

Three lessons you could profit from:

A lesson from Project Renaissance: Borrowed Genius
This is an application of ImageStreaming. You take the place of a master in the field you are currently learning, experiencing the world through his senses. The procedure can be found on the web, but it will take you some time (a week or two) with daily practice to use it.
I hesitated to suggest this for two reasons: 1) I have no personal success with Borrowed Genius, 2) You already seem to do a LOT of things simultaneously, one more could be one too much.

A lesson from Marketing: Concentrate your resources
In marketing, if you want to become a major player, it is wise to first concentrate on a particular service, product, kind of customer or area. Doing this, you can gain experience, don't have to many ends to work on and, hopefully, can make profit more early.
So, perhaps you should concentrate on one area of your interests, e.g. Qi Gong, if it does, what is claimed. Succeeding in this one area, you can move on more confidently.

A lesson from Writing: Turn your back
When attempting to write something, it is a good thing to prepare. Sometimes preparation is enough, the words will come, the text will flow. But sometimes... nada. rien. nichts. nothing. What to do in this case? Well, one favourite, time-honored, proven and successful way is to turn your back on the topic, to do something completely else. Go dancing, walking, watch a movie, play a game with some friends, delight yourself in some books or comics. But before you do, have the feeling that you will have your ideas in time, that you will succeed. Then stop second-guessing yourself, forget about the whole thing. And, in due time, your inner mind will pop up the headline, the first senctence, the theme of your writing.
To say it short: Preparation - Incubation - Illumination.
To me it seems you have prepared yourself really well, you stuffed your self with a lot of good things. Perhaps, now it is time to just let go for a while and let your inner mind do its own thing: "Read 'em all, let your subconscious sort 'em out". Turn your back and have some fun, get a new perspective and handle on your life.

OK, school's over. Now run, the sun is shining and the whole world waits for you.

Have fun,

Jens

#11114 01/26/01 11:56 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Instead of dwelling so much on what isn't working, spend time thinking about what is working.

Be looking for the tiniest evidence that you are making progress toward your goals.

Success breeds success.

Tim, you say things like, "I listen to the Belief paraliminal as I fall asleep each night, but I have not seen anything noticable as result." Well, what evidence have you noticed that something is happening? No matter how seemingly insignificant you may feel the evidence is, you need so seek out that evidence. It is absolutely there.

Why? Your brain works to duplicate that which you dwell on.

#11115 01/29/01 04:11 AM

Pete, I wish I could have heard your words when I was younger. I really appreciate what you have to say and all that you're sharing with us. Thanks.

Hi Tim_with_a_T,
The answer to your question is in your question.
In the first sentence in fact

Originally Posted By: Tim_with_a_T
I have a problem.

"A mind engaged by positive thoughts will eventually express desirable physical actions."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved