Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11270 03/31/01 01:38 AM
OP Offline

Something that worked for me, and allowed me to reduce my sleep by almost an hour was Germanium Sesquioxide
Regarding Germanium... did a quick search. Appears that its import is illegal. Lots of benefits, very rare, declared to be a dangerous substance? You can only find it now in very small portions..like 35mg instead of 500mg. Where do you buy your Germanium?

How are your results with hemi-sync tapes? I think you've mentioned either here or on bwgen that you tried them.

That’s my current project. I have TimeOut for Sleep, where you can essentially program which stages of sleep you go through and in what order and length. I also have SuperSleep, which, to my frustration, I have discovered does not really decrease sleep need. It’s not deep enough. It’s incredibly healing though. I asked what I was listening too and they said it was at or around regular NREM-IV sleep--3ish hz. Just slightly lower. This is a great CD to catch up on sleep debt and heal illness..horrible for sleep reduction though. Again, same with TimeOut for sleep. That CD, though, has a 7 minute REM segment which I find fascinating. All in all, it’s just really cool to be able to program your sleep on a WinAmp Playlist! Amazing what you can do these days

#11271 03/31/01 07:14 PM

There must be some mistake, germanium is legal in the us, it is just not manufactured here. I am talking about ORGANIC germanium of course, one can find it in garlic, aloe, chlorella (all these are very healthy foods), so you can either eat 10 cloves of garlic a day or take a pill with germanium
Go to http://www.iherb.com type Germanium in the search window, you will get a bunch of products, and the book; my favorite is
Germanium, Jarrow, 100 mg., 60 Caps, imported from Japan. They really do have the best price as compared to other supplemnt companies like life extension foundation. I urge you to buy the book (like I said its just $3), it contains doesens and doesens of refferences to the well respected peer reviewed journals reporting all the benefits of Ge-132. There is another book for those who have doubts by Dr. B. Kamen 'Germanium, a new approach to immunity'. Its amazing how with so many positive studies this supplement is still not manufactured or sold in the us. The authors clearly state that there are NO negative side effects including people on extremely high dosages taking it for a long time.

I just ordered deep sleep from hemi-sync, good deep delta sleep is what I need to reuperate faster on the nights after my workouts. There was a very recent discussion of sleep reduction at smartdrugs group; they posted a few interesting links. Unfortunately I missed some of those posts but you can find them in the archives I think.

#11272 03/31/01 07:38 PM
OP Offline

The information on Germanium is here: http://www.oralchelation.com/ingred/germaniu.htm
Honestly, it sounds a whole lot like Dr. Robert Young's Alkalization. Essentially, eating alkaline foods so you get more oxygen, which kills all the nasties and nourishes all the goodies. Other products do this too, like stabilized oxygen or 35% hydrogen peroxide. This is a theme I've noticed in a couple alternative miracle cures. And I'm sure they all work. Question is...which is the best? As in, which is cheapest, least harmful, and most all-around beneficial? The FDA doesn't seem to be too happy with Germanium for some reason or other. And there are some rather strange abnormal side effects of taking oxygen supplements which I can't remember. The way of Dr. Young is expounded at www.supergreens.com fairly well. Notice the similarites with all of these methods.

Could you tell me when the posts occurred at egroups? I went through the March titles and didn't find it. I usually just delete their email digests, because they appear way too technical. I also think those people are just way too into their drugs. The usenet newsgroup seems more general and sane.

Good luck with the Deep Sleep. Be sure and relay your experience when you get it! I don't know what's been happening to my sleep reduction experiments...I've been getting horrendous results. I've actually been getting rather discouraged lately, which is uncharacteristic of me. I'm sure one of these months I'll hit the jackpot though.

#11273 04/02/01 04:08 PM

I just quickly scanned through the info on the link that you gave. Two things made me stop from reading further, first they give obviously false information about germanium being smuggled into the us and Japan, saying that Tokay Sango is the only company producing genuine Ge, thats not true. Then they go on saying that the only source of genuine germanium in the us is vibrant life, and list outrageous, absolutely crazy pice for it. And of course, at the bottom of the page there is a link where one can buy germanium from vibrant life for this crazy price. Looks like a promotion for a scam company to me.

I agree, sometimes its a pain to search through newsgroup's archives, definitely very time consumig. You may want to check out this post and start from there
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/smartdrugs/message/4517

here is something from the post that may be of interst for you:

"under the 'sleep bibliography' section, there is a hyperlink you can hit, "receive it" which will take you to a sign up sheet to receive their ~weekly summations of abrstracts of research being conducted all over the world regarding subjects of almost anything remotely related to sleep; ---instructions for signUp are in french and english."

Nick

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved