Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#11341 05/02/01 10:12 AM
OP Offline

Photographic memory seekers...check THIS out!
http://www.crosswinds.net/~ufie/lectures/7.html

#11342 06/18/01 03:34 AM

Hi;

Has anyone here ever read "Super Brain Power" by Jean Marie Stine? In this book, the author describes a technique(allegedly devised/discovered by her) to develop photographic memory: Take a colorfully-illustrated book, sit down & relax, close your eyes and randomly open any page. Then, by blinking your eyes rapidly, you subliminally 'capture' the page for 3 milliseconds. Close your eyes after that, and try to reconstruct the afterimage of that brief visual (subliminal) stimulus.

I've tried it only for two days, and I've found it tiring for my eyes. But I'd just like to know your opinions concerning this technique. Thanks.

#11343 06/25/01 02:28 AM

Inchiki,

There is a rumor floating about these forums about a man who listened to Memory Supercharger constantly developed a photographic memory. The details are sketchy, but some say he listened to the tape constantly 24/7 for three weeks or three months. How he did this is inconceviable....

#11344 06/25/01 10:19 PM

How does one define photographic memory? Depending on your definition, it could be like asking Paul to create a PLC that changes your gender - ie, not possible.

#11345 06/27/01 11:11 PM

I do not believe that a photographic memory(or more accurately, the popular definition of the term is, eidetic imagery)would be useful. Imagine not being able to forget graphic images of violence in the Middle East(for example), once you see it on CNN with your photographic memory.
BUT what would be useful, is to remember ANYTHING you want, ANYTIME you want, at will, i.e. simply by willing that memory to surface into consciousness. So your memories, whether it be a fact, image, word, sound, experience, feeling, will only surface if you will it. And you have complete control over every aspect of the process, from the level of vividness, clarity and precision of the memory, to appropriately suit your level of comfort with that memory(hence, useful in NLP).

#11346 06/30/01 06:20 AM

If you think changing one's gender identification is impossible, try reading a little about dissociative identity disorder (multiple personalities). Not only can different personalities have different genders but such things as I.Q., vision and foreign language knowledge vary as well.

#11347 07/01/01 09:12 AM
OP Offline

al_jawad,
I often talked about "photographic memory" when I did, in fact mean "eidetic memory" and I agree that it would not be that useful as you can't get bad or negative things out of your mind. I think that we all have times in our lives when we need to putthe ast behind us and just start over.

Well, I have been using a memory course (I'm still going to buy "Memory Optimizer" as soon as it comes out!) in which the trainer says that we all do, indeed, have a "photographic memory" because we can all see images. He shows how to use the power of your image mind to remember names with RIDICULOUS ease, lists of things, etc and I'm only a quarter ofhte way through it!!! It's amazing, but in that sens we DO have photographic memories and if you can encode the information correctly you really can remember anything you want. If you see a posting I put on this site regarding remembering foreign words, then you will see what I mean.
Now...what if you use it so often that it becomes second nature?

#11348 08/03/01 03:20 PM

hi ya...
woohooo! that looks like a tricky subject!
well my response is.. whoa! why do you seem to be arguing when you're really on the same subject?! It seems to me that you're trying to prove that you have the 'relevent information' to what you are talking about..
ahh... you're right really who cares? all we care is do we want a photographic memory? well the feeling in this string of posts, it's yes. but that last one, really struck a chord in me, i mean really struck. cos imagine, we're already getting a real computerized home, technology's come to a point where it's a job to be working on the computer and you are literally able to get anywhere within a day (exaggerative of course but everyone knows what I mean... don't you?) talk to people who are at the same second on the other side of the planet, we're even to the point of 'maybe building something out there. we know so much about our body and all the stuff like maths the pi and chemistry. we know how to do things, we challenge things. why should we criticise others? well let me tell you this, cos I wanna say it. It's HUMAN NATURE. human nature as of THIS moment is dependent on the current CONVENTIONAL learning. Learning Strategies, especially Paul Scheele have to be the most incredible people, to go against our beliefs, our critical comments our system and lastly of all, ourselves. they're putting up quite a lot if they're just braving it. just because they claim and can prove that they have been highly recommended by a number of people doesn't mean that they don't get the bad side of it all, and a lot of people say that the stuff they sell really works.
The issue of this string of posts? well I just .. wow.. it was just a DREAM of mine to even be able to talk about Photographic memory seriously about 5 years ago. back then you asked, I think we have the potential to have photographic memory, don't you? and they go.. yeah, if you don't have it now, dream on! so right now... whoo! my opinion? We have it. only the block is there between the photographic part of our brain and the conscious self - the communication, or associations are weak. all we need to do is find the links, and exercise them. and when learning strategies say they have methods on getting there, then WHY THE HELL ARE YOU NOT EXPERIMENTING THEM INSTEAD OF CRITICISING ABOUT WHAT'S THE **** WRONG WITH THE IDEA?
well obviously you're scared that maybe if we all could do this, the human race, or say the modern times would grow at an exponential rate. well think again cos we're there now. we've be expecting cars to float, we've been expecting to start living on Mars at some point in the future, we've been expecting to be able to clone our own baby we've been expecting a life where you don't have to get out of your home if you didn't want to, we've been expecting a system of government where the voting couldn't be controlled by hackers or anyone of a higher power to tamper with, we've been expecting a whole lot of things. OK I'm dreaming here, but i'm telling you it's gonna happen and nobody's not going to be able to do anything about it until most people are in the same state of mind and agreeing on the same set of principles to do something about what is happening to US!
This is a whole lot of philosophy, but I'm betting on nothing that this is not true and it IS too early to really bet on it as, I might not be alive when that kind of lifestyle arrives.

miss eggy

PS I'm gonna get meself a photographic memory and enjoy its benefits.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved