Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1146 12/18/03 05:50 AM
dovio Offline OP
OP Offline

My aim is to slowly build up in time, i think an hour time would be great but not an absoulute essential ingrediant, as the human body is so dynamic any stress it is placed under it tries to adapt best to its environment. Its hard and baring so i am going for 20min and building it up slowly.

So i thought i would be able to easily hold my breath for at least a minute...Being a meditative person (4yrs) skilled in abdominal slow breathing....
ha 27 seconds later and puffing...ouch not good at all. I was averaging 20 seconds which i think is shocking.

No wonder i get a little scared when i get smashed by a big wave when surfing.

No wonder my attention span is not at its desirable level and thats probably why in mid sentence i can lose track.

so today was day two and i was easily making 30 seconds and 45 seconds a few times. In one day I increased my breath by 50% To me this is huge.

I will keep you posted.

Profound this will be, i can feel it.

dovio Offline OP
OP Offline

So a day later and another 10 seconds!!!
From doing 20 seconds two days ago to now 40, thats huge.

Yeeha

Well keep it up, if you are to succeed with this 21 day task, you will be the first person on this forum. I am curious to hear of your results. As far as holding your breath goes. When I was doing the underwater breathing technique my best time was 2 min 15 seconds. So keep it up.

-Benny

dovio

Don't do it for too long. It would be lethal.

SO I take it he either gave up or it was lethal? That would be bad to hear.

The last time I attempted to hold my breath for a long period of time was before I started smoking and I was in 8th grade (10yrs ago) I was able to hold my breath for 2min 45secs. I simply calmed my mind and body and watched the clock. Everytime a thought came into my mind I let it pass through. Thinking requires oxygen.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved