Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11475 06/29/01 05:02 AM
MikeB Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Folks,

I'm curious if anyone has experience or techniques which could help.I'm pretty good at remembering and constructing images in my head but the image seems to be fuzzy and "out of focus." For most applications this isn't a problem but at certain times (like when I'm taking tests, etc.) I would like to be able to make the image sharper and more "in-focus" to see detail better.

Any ideas? Pete?

Mike

I use Silva methods. The Silva Mind Control Book is useful.

Any book on intuition has visualization exercises.

Self Esteem by Fanning & Mckay has great visualization exercises.

Practice though is the key.

My most recent book purchase is _Creative Imagery (how to visualize in all five senses)_. from the back cover:

-tells specifically what to visualize, using precise, word for word images
-shows how to make imagery vivid in all five senses
-offers a progressive series of images of increasing power and complexity

it's an awesome book, 5 stars on Amazon..

You might also try some type of timeline therapy - change your own personal timeline so that you've always been able to visualize vividly..

james

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Again and again people say their visualization improves the more the PhotoRead or the more they listen to Paraliminal Tapes.

My own experiences with visualization have shown me that I perform best when I relax and allow the image to build in my mind. I do not force it, but instead let it start to take on a life of it's own. Rather than push my mind, I try to lead it. If I want a detail in the image to become sharper, I might ask what more information might be at that place in the image and then allow my mind to construct it for me. I hope that this helps a bit.

It certainly helps me! Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by ckerins:
My own experiences with visualization have shown me that I perform best when I relax and allow the image to build in my mind. I do not force it, but instead let it start to take on a life of it's own. Rather than push my mind, I try to lead it. If I want a detail in the image to become sharper, I might ask what more information might be at that place in the image and then allow my mind to construct it for me. I hope that this helps a bit.

Try this.

1. Get a sensory representation of you visualising. This is totally up to you: for me it's mainly a feeling of relese in my shoulders and fluidness behind my eyes, as well as a sort of humming feeling in my tummy, and a 'tuned in' sense above my head.

2. Imagine if you will that this sensory representation is actually intelligent, ready to serve, and connnected like the internet to every other soul on the planet. Supposing this to be true for an instant, ask the representation of your visualisation what it can to to become more vivid, more real, more exciting. OR just intend an answer to emerge feeligwise.. again, it's up to you. For me, I get a sense of a crystalline place wayabove my head where visualisations sort of 'emanate' from. I also get a feeling of being connected to nodes of imagery, like the internet, each with different potential images available and possible, each more or less vivid. I can go into the crystalline golden space aboveme and my imagining becomes CRYSTAL clear. Or I can imagine I am at a node where certain imaginations are more accessible.

4. Keep playing with this until you lose interest. For fun, ask the representation of your visualising if it would assist you in visualising better. See, feel or hear it's answer arisig out of what you've already got. For me I see a bunch of crystalline balls fall into my chest and neck, sortof like seeds, as a reply to my request. I have found this kind of dialog with your representations of things to produce awesome results.

5. Go read my posting on the Hartman Theorem above for further details.

regards,

pveitch.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved