Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1180 01/10/04 07:36 PM
j-rock Offline OP
OP Offline

I have totally enjoyed going trough GC but I haven't really gotten the results that I wanted, especially with direct learning. Mr.Scheele in the fast finish part of the discussion gives inspiring information about the potentials of direct learning. Inside of the Natural Brillance book Scheele state that Direct learning can have quantum effects on porformance and your life. As of right now,to me, Mr.Scheele's words are hollow. I would like to here from GC users particullary users who work for the corporation and or have a direct relationship with Mr.Scheele and have gone on retreats with him. I would like to hear about your quantum leaps that lead to dramatic lifestyle changes.

#1181 01/11/04 05:42 AM
Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Inside of the Natural Brillance book Scheele state that Direct learning can have quantum effects on porformance and your life.

"Can have"... "effects"

Does not promise...

quote:
quantum leaps that lead to dramatic lifestyle changes.

From direct learning I have experienced exciting effects on my performance with a number of projects. They were much more subtle and natural in coming into my life thank goodness. Good or bad I don't care for dramatic changes in my lifestyle anymore. To me one day you're fine and the next day you're dealing with something that changes the rest of your life without having been prepared for it is a "dramatic lifestyle change". And as drama implies... it ain't fun to deal with.

What I like about Direct Learning is that its subtle, natural and at a pace you can handle it. It's a starting process that can, for example (direct learning to be a better communicator) make you a better communicator with others and ease tention in relationships in a gentle manner so that the other party can handle the change in you without being suspicious that its only temporary or false ploy that you're trying to con them with.

While you might want and expect Direct learning to be dramatic rest assured that direct learning like all learning comes in layers and you must use the skill to improve the skill progressively. It's not a magic wand that changes things overnight. It is one that changes things without you noticing it. It might be 3 or 4 weeks after your direct learning project that you begin to notice the subtle changes that have taken place.

Clouds opening up angels singing halellula?

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited January 10, 2004).]

#1182 01/11/04 09:14 PM
j-rock Offline OP
OP Offline

For the simple fact that Mr.Scheele mentions "QUANTUM" is misleading. He should have said direct learning can have subtle effects on porformance and your life. If you make claims and imply that something can happen(something BIG) well by god you better back it up.Now, again the DR fast finish portion of GS reinforces the claims that DR can have one a persons life. MR. Scheele himself says that DR is the "PINNACLE" technology for personal and professional development. He also said at first the changes maybe subtle, "at first". Now this is directly from the Fast finish," Dierct learning challenges such traditional assumptions by demonstrating that the inner mind can provide a "path of least resistance" to our success. As living life effortlessly is a real human option for the first time in history, why not go for it?" He also mentions that the academic community remains firmly unconvinced and I must agree with them as of now. I dont want to but I have not seen concrete evidence that backs up Mr.Scheele's lofty claims. If any one can provide concrete personal experience than please do because I want to be convinced. I want to believe that my inner mind can choose freedom, I want to celebrate my genius.

#1183 01/12/04 01:47 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Mate they were subtle in how they entered my life but they were "Quantum" leaps. Instead of taking years to get to this level it happened in a matter of months.

Other peoples efforts are not going to provide you with concrete evidence of whether Direct Learning works or not then. You need to try it yourself.

From the lack of discussion of what you actually did in the process of your direct learning project/s I cannot even know if you are actually applying the Direct Learning technique as explained by Paul and could perhaps benefit from some modification of the method given. This is after all a tips and discussion forum and I myself have modified the Direct Learning technique somewhat to better serve me.

Perhaps you would like to discuss how you went about your attempt because... yes, it can have quantum effects. Just like putting a hole in a Dyke it's a trickle at first and you probably don't notice it but one day you wake up and realise that it's flowing for you.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited January 11, 2004).]

#1184 01/12/04 03:39 AM
j-rock Offline OP
OP Offline

I follow the routine that Mr.Scheele outlines in GC. I use all of five sense during the process. I write down the new behaviors that I would like to generate and I use creative imagination. Its been many months after my direct learning process. The real reason why I posted this topic is because recently I purchased the NB course thinking it will help with my paradoxical problem and DR and up untill this day subtle things has taken place but nothing quantum like what Mr.Scheele advertises. The reason why I ask for other peoples experiences is to see how much it has help them and gauge the DR process effectiveness. What were some of your "quantum" effects that entered your life and how many months did it take for you to realise it. The way I feel about it is that Mr.Scheele gives false hope with all the hype behind DR. He makes you feel like you'll make a 360* chnge in unwanted behaviors and also skill acquisition and enhancement.

#1185 01/12/04 06:50 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Well formed goals I see. Now a paradoxical question do the books that you used for the Direct Learning project actually provide some form of instruction or advice in concert toward your goal?

I'm sorry if you feel this is a reduntant question but as an avid reader of books I've discovered many do not instruct or provide specific 'how to' information. The recommended books that seem to work best are the "how to for dummies' and the like. Just because it say's how to on the cover doesn't mean the information is actually in the book in a usable form. For example Remote Viewing Secrets - A handbook by Joseph McMoneagle actually has no information as to possible procedure or how one could go about learning it. It doesn't even have a step by step set of instructions. So it would be impossible to gain a quantum effect on your life from that book.

So have you checked that the books do in fact teach the skills you wish to develop? Naturally you can compare what you are doing with what the authors suggest you should be doing and perhaps discover why you've failed to reach your aspiration.

Of course DL isn't going to to just magically show up in your life you have to set about placing yourself in situations where you can use the skill, and use it or lose it is very valid in the early stages of seeing results. Some skills like tennis, golf, chess, backgammon, communication and the like probably are easier to attain because we have a measure of these skills to start with. Others like analysing a NASA star map will be difficult to direct learn without having some sort of foundation in the skill.

Search the forums; this one and the PhotoReading forum you will find more discussion and successes with it have already been posted.

Alex

#1186 01/12/04 03:51 PM
j-rock Offline OP
OP Offline

The books which I photoread don't teach the skills per say but they do teaches whatI have to do inorder to gain and use to those skills.It teaches you how to implment the thearpy so you can increase your effectiveness.

#1187 01/13/04 05:37 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Therapy? Are you self doctoring?

Alex

#1188 01/13/04 05:12 PM
j-rock Offline OP
OP Offline

I guess you can look at it that way.I just called it therapy beacuse thats what I feel it is. I dont think that direct learning will be any less effective, what about AlexK.

#1189 01/14/04 01:44 PM
Administrator
Administrator

How does one know what is the correct therapy if one doesn't understand the problem.

If direct learning really did "change habits" over night in quantum leaps, rather than further develop skills that we already have to some degree. I'd say psychologist, therapist, counsellors etc, are going to form a secret society and make the information that they provide in those books a lot more obscure, with more unusal jargon than they do now. Or else they'd have to look for a new career.

That is not to say it doesn't work. Since in my own experience it does empower you but as for noticing quantum leaps. I work up one day 6 months ago and noticed what I have been doing for the past 12 months. I've taken risk unlike I've ever taken in my life. In fact given my circumstances some people are appalled at my endeavours. However my cofidence is such that even my family has opted to support me and not even question my decisions and actions.

I was always a sound decision maker but worried a lot about the decision. Now I make a decision and just do it, No worries. Where I learnt it and from what book I don't know I've photoread too many to say that was the one. Though here's the paradox... I direct learnt without the direct learning protocol. My usually question when I photoread a book is what's in this book thatnew that I don't know yet, and is useful to me?

If changing a heck of a lot is a quantum leap, fair enough, but this leap was only noticed by me one year down the track, perhaps I was too busy to notice or more accurately I wasn't looking to change myself in that way. My inner guide decided that. Whether I would have learnt in therapy that that is the best next step for me to take I don't know. I've been moving along that line for 18 months now and still changing.

To use direct learning to fix myself? Why I'm not broken? I can change and do things a lot more effectively and handle life more effectively yet I see that as an ongoing exploration in life.

So good luck I really think a little more patience and trying it with some more or different books. In life persistance is a vital key to success in anything along with postive expectations.

Alex

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved