Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I recently purchased 21 of your paraliminal tapes ( everything except the stop smoking one) and the photoreading package.
I am a sucidal 18 year old teen who recently lost his father in a brutal sudden car accident and since then have lost interest in school, my remaining family and life.
Purchasing these products are my last desperate hope (spent every last cent i own). (i have tried phsycologists, pschiatrists, anti-depressants, etc and nothing has worked)
I bought them last sunday and was wondering when they should arrive. Is it safe to start using them all at once? Is there a specific program that you could recommend? I still hope that i can escape my depression and become normal and successful (i used to be a really smart kid.) I would apreciate any help/advice you could offer (i am kind of desperate)
thank you very much
James Boylan

I just want to tell you that I am so sorry you lost your father. I know you love him very much and I know you miss him terribly.

I get a lot out of the parliminal tapes. I have been listening to them for many years now. The 800 customer service # can answer your question about how close together you can listen to them. I had the same question years ago, and I can't remember the answer.

I also, commend you for reaching out and doing positive things to help yourself. Grief is so painful and so very lonely.

What has helped me in the past are support groups. Maybe you could find a grief support group or some other support group. Your intuition will guide you to what is right for you. I believe you will make a wise choice.
Take care and I hope your tapes come in soon!!

[This message has been edited by Faith (edited January 15, 2002).]

I've played around quite a bit with all kinds of self-help programs. Some worked better than others, but one thing has always gotten me through the worst times in my life. I may sound like I'm preaching here, but I prayed a lot and had faith in God to get me through everything, because in the end God has a plan for you. He does not waste pain. Your best friend is God, He will never stab you in the back or make you do things that in the end didn't accomplish anything. Us with our limited understanding of the world and universe around us will never be able to grasp everything.
I'd tell you to get yourself a bible (free at the local church) (get the NIV New international version it's easiest to understand) read it, pray to God like He's your best friend and ask for His help/guidance as you read His book and listen to your tapes. It says in the bible somewhere "seek and you shall find me" or something to that effect.

God bless and keep your chin up

Phil

Let me echo Faith's words here: I am very sorry you lost your father; I must have loved you loved him very much, and you're probably feeling very lonely right now. But:

NONONONONO!!! DON'T PURCHASE ALL THE TAPES AT ONCE!!! Dana will GLADLY tell you the story of a guy who purchased them ALL, listened to them ALL twice in two days, and returned them. you will

a) get sick of them
b) overload your brain
c) lose focus

Listen to no more than three tapes a day, and FOCUS on ONE goal. If I were you, I'd hide some of those tapes from yourself for now. As for the PhotoReading course, GOOD CHOICE!!! Try picking certain tapes that can help you learn and integrate PhR, and then hide the rest. Remember, I'd reccomend no more than 3 tapes a day. (if some tapes have multiple sessions, ala dream play & NBG) you can do both.) Here's what I'd pick to learn & integrate PhR:

Personal Genius
Memory Supercharger
New Behavior Generator
Dream Play (for activation... very handy hehe)

Also, an occasional session with Get Around To It can be invaluable if you start to feel yourself slipping motivationally.

[I must have loved you loved him very much]

I don't know WHAT the hell this is; some kind of super-embarressing typo or something. Sorry about that. <sheepish chuckle>

OP Offline

thanks for the info thats pretty usefull ill stick to only a 3 or four a day.
thanks

Boylanpower,

My dog passed away yesterday so I'm in a similar state as you are. I'm very very sorry for your loss. I think about my dog every other minute because I miss him so much. I'm having difficulty concentrating on my work. If anyone has any advice for dealing with grief I'd really like to know about it. Thanks.

OP Offline

i think all you can do for grief (regarding your dog is to bite the bullet and feel the pain.
I know this doesn't sound very good but just take it one day at a time and it gets easier.
i hope that helps you
boylanpower
walk in peace/

Thank you for the advice. Since writing that post it has become easier. Hope it's getting easier for you too.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved