Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hey you know you all realy got me interestet in telekinesis.
Now I've been reading some about fasting (the thing where you don't eat anything )
and how it not only affects the body by using the energy that was previously used for the digestive process to detoxify the body; but alo its effects on the mind. Fasters usually report that after a while their minds become clearer than they have been for years and how they read more and are more productive.

(note: I have never ever been on a fast. Why? LACK OF WILLPOWER grrr.)

So I was thinking: because you've got at your disposal all the energy that you used to digest your solid food when you fast, wouldn't that affect your psychic performance / qi (?) as well?

I was wondering if anybody had any experiences with that kind of stuff.

Also, the same would hold true with ejaculating. I once read in a book (Mike Brown - The Strength of Samson) that it is possible "to fornicate your brains out". Well sure one would have a lot more energy when one doesn't jerk off twice a day!

any response is wellcome

ALSO: If you want, check out the "Five Secret Tibetan Rejuvination Rites" on www.chetday.com or, I believe, www.fivetibetanrites.com . It's supposed to be able to energize as well as rejuvinate you. wow well I just thought you might want to try it sometime. I don't

[This message has been edited by Xehupatl (edited February 16, 2002).]

The longest i've been able to fast is 4-5 days. It's definitely an experience! I think it's best to work your way up. I first started with a 2-3 day fast... My goal for now is a 10 day fast and from there I'll see if I can continue. The real hunger pains are over for about the first 2 days normally and then your body kicks into this extended fasting mode. The mind becomes very clear and you begin to see the world differently... especially when fasting as part of a religious experience... there's basically two kinds of fasting... fasting for health and meditative/religious fasting... or of course both can be accomplished... generally, fasting for health still includes comsumption of juiced fruits/vegetables and sometimes supplements... On the other hand you have those that only choose to drink water and still, some others choose to not comsume even water... which can be dangerous but you have to know what you're doing.

I have a friend who fasted for 40 days.

Yes, it is true. he lives nearby. On the last day of fasting he was a dead man walking. His mind was as clear and sharp as ever, but his body was weak and dying. he was walking and talking slowly like he had no energy. Then, when he started eating, his body rejected food. It took a whole week for his body to start receiving food without throwing up. So, it's actually been more than 40 days, since he threw up everything he ate within seconds.

He didn't eat anything, just drank lots of water. I've talked to him once about it and he said that fasting for so long can be very dangerous, and one should better really know what he's doing or have someone else (who knows what he's doing) guide him. You have to know what to do and not to do, how to keep your body healthy and mind clear.

Although you can't fast that long, and I know little about it, I can recommend 4 things:
1. Like oskee said, work your way up to it. This friend of mine was preparing himself for this, and it's his third fasting for long period of time. Besides, few days every month he's fasting. Spending a day without eating is completely normal to him.
2. Drink plenty of fresh water.
3. After done fasting, start with easy foods, like for really small babies, until your body adjusts to food again.
4. Eat healthy. Strictly vegetenarian, not even eggs.

His motives were self-growth, religious.

He told me about one ocurrence, which I found very interesting. After some time of fasting (I think it was 10 days or two weeks, not sure which) he was able to see things he wouldn't normally see. For example, if he played cards he would "see" every card his opponents had. Just like that. So, yes, fasting does clear mind. Mind and body are more connected than we think.

I forgot to mention that he thinks "Five Secret Tibetan Rejuvination Rites" is an excellent book. He's been doing yoga for over 20 years, and he told me that those rites stimulete energy flow more than any other exercises. With affirmations one transforms that "liberated" energy into what one wants.

What I know for sure is that preserved sex energy can be used more wisely. There is a rite in "Five Secret Tibetan Rejuvination Rites", which is very similar (same actually) as one yoga exercise, which transform sex energy and leads it upwards towards head. that way your whole body is fed with that energy. Results are supposed to be astonishing, rejuvelination just one of them.

And, yes, recommendation number 4 (in previous post) is for non-fasting periods, of course.

quote:
Originally posted by Jovo:
I have a friend who fasted for 40 days.

Yes, it is true. he lives nearby. On the last day of fasting he was a dead man walking. His mind was as clear and sharp as ever, but his body was weak and dying. he was walking and talking slowly like he had no energy. Then, when he started eating, his body rejected food. It took a whole week for his body to start receiving food without throwing up. So, it's actually been more than 40 days, since he threw up everything he ate within seconds.

He didn't eat anything, just drank lots of water. I've talked to him once about it and he said that fasting for so long can be very dangerous, and one should better really know what he's doing or have someone else (who knows what he's doing) guide him. You have to know what to do and not to do, how to keep your body healthy and mind clear.

Although you can't fast that long, and I know little about it, I can recommend 4 things:
1. Like oskee said, work your way up to it. This friend of mine was preparing himself for this, and it's his third fasting for long period of time. Besides, few days every month he's fasting. Spending a day without eating is completely normal to him.
2. Drink plenty of fresh water.
3. After done fasting, start with easy foods, like for really small babies, until your body adjusts to food again.
4. Eat healthy. Strictly vegetenarian, not even eggs.

His motives were self-growth, religious.

He told me about one ocurrence, which I found very interesting. After some time of fasting (I think it was 10 days or two weeks, not sure which) he was able to see things he wouldn't normally see. For example, if he played cards he would "see" every card his opponents had. Just like that. So, yes, fasting does clear mind. Mind and body are more connected than we think.

Would a shorter fast (2-5days,2-3weeks, etc.)
be as beneficial? I also heard that a juice fast, where you jusst drink juices, gives you all the vitamins you need (if it is fresh juice, so wouldn't short juice fast be more helpful to clear the mind and purify the body while it is still getting essential vitamins and, its not as dangerous as a long fast (30-40days)

OP Offline

Hey everybody ... if you want to know more about fasting and juice fasting, check out www.chetday.com , he's a great guy with a great page.
hehe
no, really, I've found Holosync through this guys page. And that says somethin.
xeu

quote:
Originally posted by jonah:
Would a shorter fast (2-5days,2-3weeks, etc.)
be as beneficial? I also heard that a juice fast, where you just drink juices, gives you all the vitamins you need (if it is fresh juice, so wouldn't short juice fast be more helpful to clear the mind and purify the body while it is still getting essential vitamins and, its not as dangerous as a long fast (30-40days)

It really just depends on what you're trying to accomplish with fasting. Dr. Norman Walker, the late raw foodist guru, said that fasting over a 6 day period is detrimental to health even if drinking fresh juices. Of course, there's many who would roll their eyes at his point of view. But as far as doing a little bit of internal house cleaning... sure, 2-5 days is fine... it allows your body to focus energy usually used for digestive purposes for self-healing and mental clarity. On the other end... extended fasts, in my opinion, are for the ones that are trying to reach some specific goal spiritually. Meditation is used during these instances and prayer... and a whole lot of it. Of course this is how i choose to see fasting whereas there are a few other points of view out there. I can remember as a kid, some of my family would fast at times... and it was always for spiritual advancement of some sort. If you know much about the bible, Jesus fasted for 40 days... in just about all religions there is some emphasis made on it as well... like in Islam there is Ramadam where the Muslims fast everyday until sundown. Many of the Saints actually wanted to fast in the imitation of Jesus... like St. Francis of Assisi whom also would fast for 40 days... I'd suggest looking for a book that shows different kinds of fasting and then go with what feels best for you.
Peace

[This message has been edited by oskee (edited February 20, 2002).]

Hel Offline

Xe, I checked out the Chetday site. Good tip. Thanks. Have you got your orders from LSC?
I have done several 5 day fasts. Usually by the end of the fast, I feel pretty ambivalent about eating again. My mind does not really want to resume eating, because I feel, after all that, I am finally clean. But somehow my teeth/jaw seem to miss chewing.

OP Offline

NOOOO my orders haven't arrived yet .. THE AGONY CONTINUES! I thought they'd finally arrive today but ALAS!

THE AGONY !!!!

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved