Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12192 05/26/02 04:33 PM
tracey Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi all,

I started the master cleanse today (posted under "Detox"). The taste of the drink is actually tasty, my only issue is the cayenne. I may have to encapsulate it and drink the liquid with it. It's not very comfy drinking it this way. My digestive system is a bit sensitive, maybe that'll go away with this cleanse!

You can buy the book "Master Cleanse" on Amazon for $6 I believe, by Stanley Burroughs. It is 55 pages long and only about the cleansing process. It's received some very good reviews!

In the book it states that your tongue will become white & coating from all the detoxing it is doing, and that when it becomes pink & clean again you can stop the cleanse. They suggest 10 days for your cleansing. Some people eventually do upwards of 30+ days.

I'll keep you posted ..
Tracey

#12193 05/27/02 12:22 PM

Yep. The tongue thing seem to be very common.

I did not know to resume once the tongue turned pink again.

Ya know drinking pink kool aid helps coat the tongue and speed up the process!

Another great book to look into ... thanks Tracey!

Love Light and Laughter

Michael

#12194 05/28/02 05:43 AM

Tracey,

Can't find book at local library or Canadian equivalent to Amazon! Sometimes being American has it's advantages!

The recipe you posted with lemon, syrup, water and cayenne ... is that all you take for 10 days? Any other suggestions in book to help you?

Thanks!

Love Light and Laughter

Michael

#12195 05/28/02 05:52 AM
tracey Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Michael,

I didn't get very far yesterday .. I had two glasses of my lemonade and then I went shopping.

While I was out I started sweating profusefuly, my stomach started burning. I attributed this to the fact that I'd used cayenne in a capsule with the second drink. But it got worse, my entire chest became constricted and was very very painful. I was having a hard time breathing.

I felt like my body was made of lead it was hard to walk and evertyhing started slowing down around me. I just thought I was going to pass out and throw up at the same time.

I was in bad shape. It took me about an hour to recover.

I don't know if it was a fluke, but it was frightening.

It scared me pretty bad, at one point I thought I was having a heart attack. Not something you envision happening at 26!

I'm uncertain if I'll try again right now. I'm pretty shaken still.

Tracey

#12196 05/27/02 06:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Saikali:
Tracey,

Can't find book at local library or Canadian equivalent to Amazon! Sometimes being American has it's advantages!

The recipe you posted with lemon, syrup, water and cayenne ... is that all you take for 10 days? Any other suggestions in book to help you?

Thanks!

Love Light and Laughter

Michael

Michael--
How far do you live from the US border (Sault Ste. Marie, Mi, Detroit, or NY) If not to far, you could make a day trip to one of the American bookshops. Or, you could send a check or money order to them in American exchange rate. (banks will do this)

Being American does have advantages, but we do not have some things here:

Socialized Health Care (Atleast everyone would have the same chace at health care.)

Medication is cheaper up in Canada than it is here.

And last, Drinking age here is 21 while our Canadian friends can get legally plastered at 18.

#12197 05/27/02 07:02 PM

Michael--
I just read that Amazon is talking to Canada Post about opening up a Canadian "branch"
this summer.

#12198 05/27/02 07:45 PM

Thanks Jonah ... I guess being Canadian does have it's merit's!

That would be nice to see Amazon/CPC provide that type of service

#12199 05/28/02 02:51 PM

Tracey,

I can relate to Cayenne pepper all right! I once substiuted 'Cayenne' for 'Paprika' thinking ... well they have the same color.

Oh what a mistake that was ... family was sampling my 'humus' and as it turned out it was just a tad HOT!

Hope you get better.

Love Light and Laughter,

Michael

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved