Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Kaiden Offline OP
OP Offline

I watched the second tape last night, and walked about 12 miles to help it sink in. I wanted to interrupt my pattern to increase learning. My legs hurt like hell, but it's working well.

I stubled across this astrology matchmaking site - it's not very good, but it's totally free. It keeps trying to give hook me up with Aquarius women four years my junior.

I realized, thinking about the woman who I was pathologically obsessed with for years, that she was an Aquarius who was four years my junior.

I had a moment of panic, but the magical training soon took over. I reframed and realized that if I wanted to have an Aquarius woman four years my junior, I live in a large metropolis and could easily find one. Simple reframing, yes, but the ability to DIVEST EMOTIONS and spend your emotional currency where YOU want it to go is an ability that most people don't even KNOW they could learn.

I also learned some basic energizing and mindfilth banishing postures. If I was still stuck to the point where a simple reframe wouldn't work, I could send my negative emotions into the ground and replace them with new possibilities.

I've just stumbled on www.doubleyourdating.com which offers an e-book package for sale as well as a free twice-weekly newsletter giving tips. I haven't bought the e-book yet as I thought I'd check out the newsletter first. It's actually quite good and totally free of that misogynistic bravado that taints Ross Jeffries' course. Worth a look.

The approach seems to be one rung below NLP but effective nonetheless.

ulysses. UK.

Kaiden Offline OP
OP Offline

I watched the third tape about a week ago. It seemed to be more or less Ross doing change-work on a few of the students. Interesting but, with my roommate babbling in the background, a little hard to apply.

However, I was able to break though many of my oscilations the next morning. Unfortunately, I actually found the courage to end my own life. Lucky for me, I was unsuccessful and simply wound up dazed and confused.

All things considered, I count this as a success. Now, the trick is to channel my new options into behaviors that are slightly less leathal.

Thanks Kaiden for your reports. Continue posting as you progress in the course please.

Bye!

When stating the affirmations from the Unstoppable Confidence tapes should I use the "I" point of reference or the "You" point of reference.Which is more effective?

tool,

according to Ross, the word "you" is used in the affirmations. When you use "I", for example, "I take immediate advantage of my opportunities with women.I establish incredile rappor etc etc" a part of your brain is saying "no you dont you lying ****". But when you use the word "you" it is like a third party is speaking to you and not yourself and this in turn reprograms the subconscious mind.

hope this helps

paul c

I contacted the makers of the Silent Subliminals, and they advised that one should always refer to oneself in the 1st person when saying affirmations.Here's what they said
Always speak to yourself in the first person (with GUSTO)..... just as you have been speaking to yourself since the day you were born!! "I will achieve this goal by the end of this month! I will.....!!"

Your cerebral cortex loves to hear you own voice just as it always has. It easily accepts commands and thoughts in its own voice.

Have a good day...
Dr. W......

Administrator
Administrator

Tool,
Try saying... I will allow myself to...

I think that Rex Sikes explained it best when he said its like wearing a red shirt and someone comes up to you and says nice blue shirt. You say no its not its red and it goes back and forth.

Your mind habitually jumps in and corrects you. So if you're trying to do/be something other than you are now it's probably better to give yourself permission to do it.

If you say to yourself I allow you mind will find it difficult to flat out refuse to change, because you've given permission.

Alex

Kaiden Offline OP
OP Offline

After reading "Reframing," I started using "we." In essence, take all the "parts" or "peices" of one's self and get them all to agree. This may take negotiation, especially when defining one's goals, but it (ideally) stops self-sabbatoge.

Please see the book "Reframing" by Richard Bandler and John Grinder for more information.

Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Kaiden:
In essence, take all the "parts" or "peices" of one's self and get them all to agree. This may take negotiation, especially when defining one's goals, but it (ideally) stops self-sabbatoge.

That reminded me of a trigger technique from Stanley Manns book Triggers copyright 1997 ISBN 0-13-930793-1 {PBK}. You basically negotiate with all your parts and when all the parts agree you set a trigger. Anytime you want to get yourself into that productive state that you negotiated, you just fire the trigger. Interesting technique...

On a different note, Here's the link for Rex Sikes article on affirmations that you might find interesting http://www.idea-seminars.com/articles/affirm.htm

Alex

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved