Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#12358 09/17/02 12:05 AM
OP Offline

I was just wondering what others think of psychics. Myself, I'm not sure what to make of psychics. My impression is varied at this point. So what are some experiences you've had with psychics? What makes them a reality or simply unreal?

#12359 09/17/02 04:12 AM

If you listen to Paul Scheele on Genius Code (if you own it, that is) he briefly talks about so called 'psychics'. I believe his point is that because we are totally unsure as to the limits of our NORMAL sensory perceptions (have you ever calibrated somebody with your eyes closed?) it makes no sense to speak of EXTRA sensory perceptions.

I also believe what Paul stated on another tape: "If any ONE can do it, then ANYONE can do it." Which is basically one of the premises of NLP. You can model anyone, including psychics. Just figure out exactly how they do it (down to the extreme minutia, if need be) and do the same.

Of course, there is the average palm reader on every corner who will take your money to tell you what you want. Those are reallllly
good body language readers.

George

#12360 09/17/02 05:16 AM
Administrator
Administrator

I figure if you're going to be psychic or intuitive you may as well be for your benefit. If you learn to understand the messages of your inner mind you'll have a better idea of what is going on in you own life. Rather than relying on the hit or miss outcomes when you ask someone who calls themself psychic.

To me intuition, gut feelings, knowing who is calling before you pick up the phone are all pretty sure indicators that we have more sensory connections than just the 5 physical senses that we are consciously aware off.

Alex

#12361 09/17/02 08:53 PM

You know how all intuitive teachers say we are all intuitive? After some research, i understand what this means. The earliest man had a conscious brain wave that is today called DELTA. Today, delta is the brain wave for when we are sleeping (part of the time). Delta is also the brain wave of children from birth to almost 4. You notice how babies eyes are not focused and how little children have imaginary friends? Delta. Earliest man had the ability to very naturally be intuitive and elicit shaman behavior. He needed it to survive in a land w/ many animals much larger and ready to eat him.

Bill Harris on the tape in the Euphoria course, talks about how delta is a transcendental state. I'm not so sure about that, but that comment did make me realize that all of our intuition info comes from that area.

Now Anna Wise in the High Performance Mind uses a certain instrument & she speaks of the awakened mind as the best state to be in. The awakened mind includes all the different brain waves in a pattern. She studied w/ Max Cade in England. I'm fairly sure that intuitive people who are very naturally intuitive have a particular pattern of brain waves. Those of us who develop our intuitive abilities (which are innate b/c we all have delta brain waves) will then move more towards a particular pattern that approximates naturally intuitive people.

Plus, Anna Wise is a good friend of Bill Harris of CRI.

it's very interesting

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited September 17, 2002).]

#12362 09/17/02 09:49 PM

Margaret, I find the information you posted fascinating. I've used Delta entrainment over the years and it **definitely** increased my intuitive abilities. This is a gross understatement and many of the experiences I've had seemed totally normal to me at the time, yet were totally paranormal in any kind of normal context.

The data you posted about earliest man having predominantly a Delta state makes sense to me, but I'm just wondering if you can point me to a reference where this information comes from. Without actually hooking up an ancient human to an EEG machine (which is obviously impossible), how can we know what early man's brainwaves were?

It shocks me that some of my most peaceful, clear, and transcendental states of being may have been when my brainwaves became those of our earliest ancestors. Whatever happened to evolution? Aren't things supposed to get better, not worse? Is regression to early human's brainwaves actually a progression??

#12363 09/17/02 10:37 PM

Seeker,
I've read that piece of info a few times. The High Performance Mind is an important book. I forget the name of the instrument Max Cade developed. I know CRI purchased one from Anna Wise. I've read Eric Jensen's stuff, Jose Silva, Colin Rose. Mostly educational books. Wenger's The Einstein Factor is very informative too. Mainstream stuff. I started out using Paul's bibliography from PhotoReading and Natural Brilliance. Use Half.com to buy the books cheap Anything in accelerated learning will deal w/ the brain.

I think it's now common knowledge that our chronological age up to 21 matches the brain wave pattern. Like when children are in elementary, high school and college, their most natural brain wave, alpha, matches their chronological age. That's why it's the ideal time for learning. Try Zepher too for good info.

When a child has something happen to them during the ages of 4-7, that stuff is stored at a theta brain wave pattern. Later on in life that will influence them in ways that possibly limit their striving for success and happiness. Then when they go into, say, therapy, it takes forever to resolve. A faster way to access that "hidden file" is to slow the brain wave down to the same level it happened. Jose Silva was onto this way back in the 1950's. And, today some therapists are using brain wave equipment to take patients to a lower brain wave to assist them in healing.

Historically, the reptilian brain was the first part of the brain to develop and that's where the delta brain wave comes from. Then the mammalian brain developed and i think that has to do w/ the theta brain wave.

#12364 09/18/02 12:53 AM

Was it the Hindu Tantrics that didn't regard "psychic ability" as anything unique since, in their view, our own consciousness was an example of psychic phenomenon?

[This message has been edited by Paul Watts (edited September 17, 2002).]

#12365 09/18/02 12:55 AM

ignore this post

[This message has been edited by Paul Watts (edited September 17, 2002).]

#12366 09/18/02 05:01 AM

Thanks Margaret.

One thing I know for sure is that comatose patients in hospitals display predominantly Delta brainwaves even deeper than a healthy person's Delta during sleep. It's paradoxical for me to try to relate this to my own experiences entraining Delta, because in this state I usually feel mentally optimum.

Without wanting to discourage anyone, and you didn't need to hear it here first, Delta accesses levels so deep and primitive that these may be pre-language parts of the brain. This may explain why some researchers say subliminals simply don't work while one is in a Delta state -- as the parts of the brain accessed are so basic that words are simply noises and devoid of meaning. Like how the words would sound to a one-year-old infant long before language is learned. Paradoxically, my own experience is that subliminals do work in Delta, and the same researchers that say they don't work in Delta say they work especially well in Alpha and Theta, which one must pass through before reaching Delta.

I think it's safe to say that everybody's "Delta" is a little different than everyone else's. And I'm aware of cases where comatose patients have heard conversations, and after having gotten out of the coma, recalling the conversation.

I don't know. But it's interesting to think about.

#12367 09/18/02 06:18 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Seeker my own finding has been that the best state for learning is the Alpha state. For some reason everyone thinks more deeper is better. However at the Alpha state the mind is better able to reason than at the deeper levels. I think at deeper levels our critical thinking abilities move aside and that's handy for inputing data. That's why sleep deprivation and chanting are used by some 'groups' to acquire new members. It alters the brainwave to low theta with Delta thrown in... lacking is the Alpha and Beta brainwave pattern associated with critical thinking and self awareness.

On a note about being psychic or intuitive... sometimes I hate the ability. Had it all my life to some degree, more pronounced now. I can understand why people block this ability. Sometimes the messages are not exactly clear. You know somethings wrong you find yourself upset about it, you wind up searching to find the source of the problem etc. You're upset anxious and when you find out what it is... you get to be upset and anxious all over again. I once asked why go through the anxiety twice. Fortunately the reverse is also true... you can know that things will turn out alright.

C. Maxwell Cade developed the Mind Mirror used by Anna Wise.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited September 18, 2002).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved