Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#12388 09/25/02 04:28 AM

Egad, another one:brainwave-entrainment.com. Neat shockwave grafix, too.

#12389 09/25/02 04:43 AM
Administrator
Administrator

I was hoping you could point me to an article. Owning the CDs I think it would be great that my favourite one on the selection brings on the Awakened Mind pattern. Even the link within product sales 'details' does not point back to that.

Anna Wise's site has a mind mirror diagram of the Awakened Mind that is more of a coke bottle look. Compared to the brochure that came with the CDs for the Brainwave Suite which is a distinctive curve with heightened alpha/theta brainwave.

The only common point I've found; that Anna Wise states that the Awakened Mind pattern is brought about the Alpha/Theta entrainment and that particular CD from Dr Jeffrey Thompson happens to be an Alpha/Theta entrainment CD.

Not Even M/s Wise claims that her CD's will bring on the Awakened mind pattern.

On Disc 3 CD 3075 From the High performance Mind Set (2 Tracks)
Track 1 Accessing the Creativity of The High Performance Mind.(24:42
Track 2 The Bubble (21:22)
copyright 1998. The back cover states that..

quote:
These audio programs will guide you to develop the "high performance" brainwave state present in accomplished yogis, artist and many highly productive individuals.

Accessing the Creativity of The High Performance Mind provides guided imagery along with brainwave training to help you enter the High Performance Mind state. This program works to strengthen your capacity for problem solving and creative manifestation. The Bubble gives you and experience of the expansion and contraction of the "delta rada" that opens up the unconscious intuition and empathy.

The inside cover features the Brainwave Suite CD's as one of the products available from The Relaxation Company. The sales pitch reads...

quote:
Every state of mind has a unique pattern of brainwaves - composed of alpha, beta, delta and theta waves - which can be measured and mapped. Brainwave Suite blends subtle pulses of sound into the musical soundtrack, to stimulate your brain to produce waves with a pattern that matches the state of mind you want to experience.
(no mention of Awakened Mind)

Basically all the CDs in her collection are training to reach the High Performance Mind State.

The CD's were produced prior to 1999. Neither of the Publications with the CD's sets, the Brainwave Suite nor High Performance mind, make a claim that you will experience the Awakened Mind.

I think one must not overlook that these CD can help to achieve the Awakened Mind when one uses them for training. It would me misleading to think that the CD's alone would bring about that state... effort is still required on the part of the user.

To Quote M/s Wise from her Publication High Performance Mind copyright 1995 ISBN 0-87477-850-6 page 235

quote:
The first step toward mastering your brainwaves is learning to relax. Relaxation helps you master all of the other brainwave states. The optimum brainwave pattern, the awakened mind, is a combination of beta, alpha, theta, and delta brainwaves. Rather than going straight into pattern. it is often easier to first develop the meditation brainwave pattern, which is made up of alpha. theta and usually delta. ...

So rather than expecting CDs to do the work for you, you use them as a tool.

bhenry,
The CD sets both come from the Relaxation Company. If you want guided visualisation and don't mind someone talking in a flat voice to a group of people while you're using the CD's on your own High Performance mind.

If you just want brain entrainment CD's music and sounds where you are free to use whatever visualisation techniques you desire (you can even use Anna Wise' since they are written up in her book High performance mind). Then The Brainwave Suite would be the choice.

So far I have not found any form of brain entrainment that worked optimally for everyone every time. I dare say that is because we are all indiviuals... for me the High Performance mind CD's will not work because I find them uninteresting. However someone else might find them interesting and experience outstanding success with them the first time round.

Finding what works for you is a hit and miss affair. Dr Thompsons site does provide a sample of the CD's sound track one of the other samples might even be a better choice for you.

Alex

#12390 09/28/02 08:18 PM

The possibility just occurred to me:

That as one's mind becomes more and more emptied of thoughts, the thoughts of other people come rushing in.

Think of a vacuum. A vacuum is empty in the sense that it contains little or no air. Given the opportunity, air rushes in to the vacuum, often forcefully. A still mind, perhaps entrained in the Delta frequency, is a vacuum in the sense that it contains little or no thoughts...and the thoughts of other people can come rushing in.

#12391 09/29/02 01:21 AM

My take is that psychics are not a Reality, but a Truth.

We are all psychics. It's psychic world.

I think it's just an area that some people have chosen to improve. Knowledgism.com is a pretty good resource for human potential data...

#12392 09/29/02 06:37 AM
Administrator
Administrator

A thought is a thought. If the mind is empty of thoughts... then it is empty. If thoughts of other people come rusing in... it's no longer empty. Perhaps the real question is with all the thoughts you do have throughout the day... which ones are really yours?

Alex

#12393 09/29/02 08:01 AM

So what's the definition of a psychic? And doesn't all this psychic stuff seem strange to you guys? Things that are out in the unknown? Sort of off base from science.

You can look at a glass of water and say it's either half empty or half full.
There's many terms and definitions and different ways of describing different things out in the world. But how do you know what you know is the truth?

Just something to think about!

#12394 09/29/02 04:35 PM

Viper asked: "But how do you know what you know is the truth?"

If I experience it. If I experience it first and know it based on experience.

#12395 09/29/02 11:38 PM

See but not all things experience through your senses are what you think they are.
Think about it like this (for example), lets say that everyone in the world had a deadly disease and your the only one that knows about it and you're also the one with advance enough technology to figure what the disease is and a cure for it. You go out to the world and everyone you know telling them that they're all sick and you have a cure for it but they don't believe you because with the technology they have they see it as a flu or something harmless. But because they have flu-like symptoms and think it's nothing, they brush you off. With their low-end technology how can they figure it out? They experience flu-like symptons so they think they know what it is.
Or look at it this way...
Some great people in the past with vision of the future and different ideas were probably called crazy and etc.. The people at that time did not see or understand, thats why they called those great people crazy.
Do you guys understand what I'm trying to say?

#12396 09/30/02 12:45 AM

Viper, why not do some studying of ontology? You might it interesting. Does a hole, say a hole in the doughnut, have existence? Questions like that.

In the Bhagavad Gita it states that there is no existence of the unreal and no non-existence of the real.

One thing i've always gone by is that for Truth to be Truth, it has to be eternal. By this, it was true 200,000 years ago & will be true 200,000 into the future. For example, people, all people seek love. They seek to receive it and to give it. Even your enemies seek love. Often times when people or children are being very mean, it is just a negative way of seeking to be loved.

An absolute Truth is: The very first person you meet whenever you enter a room will be yourself Where ever you go in the world and whoever you speak to, you are always meeting yourself. Know thyself. What did your face look like before you were born?

#12397 09/30/02 08:05 PM

Viper, it is true that an individual's experience can be incomplete or just plain wrong. To counteract this, most of us base what we consider true on more than one person's experience. This still doesn't guarantee truth, of course.

In the example about disease you gave, at least one person would have to test the person's theory (and ask him/her to explain the methods used to arrive at the knowledge).

Margaret suggested Ontology. I would also suggest Epistemology: the study of how we know what we (supposedly) know. Sometimes, when experience is not possible, all we can do is assume it to be true, and then hopefully try to verify the assumption.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved