Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1242 06/24/04 11:07 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
OP Offline

On one had I don't want to write this post and on the other I think it might be useful to a few of the people who have the course or do IS.

Like many people I have my dry spell where I just haven't been using or doing it. For me remembering the initial learning curve where it took me two weeks to get anything useful out of the High Think Tank and start decoding my IS so that I understood them when I decoded them. Because I haven't done it in some months (Shocked you?) I avoided it simply because I had the feeling there would be a 'learning curve again'.

Last night I bit the bullet. Dusted off the tape recorder and started ISing. HTT first of my 3 questions IS... short and sweet, looked like a sign need to work more to keep it flowing... resolved to continue... Second one... unusual, Third one okay I dragged that IS out but really felt like it was unnessary.

Went to my decoding method and thought, wrote down the answer to my question. Thought that really is a useful answer and useful to know I wonder what I was asking...

Before reading the question I wrote.

The solution draws from the depths of the mind, it midht turn out easier than first thought. 2 things seem to be a burdon of responsibility, Hunting them will end the problem by eliminating the burndon carrier, The thing that you feel responsible for will have to fend for itself. You may be feeling overwhelmed but the natrual cause of events over time will return everything back to it's natural state.

The question turns out to be..

How best can I ensure that I keep up the practice that will best develop my abilities and well being.

So if any of you have stopped image straming for a while just hop back into it... it seems to me to be a bit like riding a bike once you know how you don't really forget.

And HTT can sure provide some answers to those questions we need answers to but don't know anymore who to ask.

If you would like to know wht my IS were and how I decoded... let me know and I'll post.

Alex

#1243 07/02/04 09:44 PM

Please share Alex!!

-Benny

#1244 07/03/04 05:31 AM

Yes, please share your experience that is valuable to us all. Although I don't post message on forum but this is the forum that I read everyday.
Peter Lo

#1245 07/03/04 09:44 AM
OP Offline

Okay, here it is. Since I cannot lay it out in the same way as I have in my journal I'll write it up in the same order as I did it.

1st stream
It is dark and the sun is just starting to come up. It was a stormy night, the calm after the storm, the rocks at my feet are wet and the green grass has water running down the blades. There is a breeze coming in from over the ocean.

2nd stream
Female brown bear with 2 cubs eating berries, there was a shot fired this alarmed the female bear. She chased the cubs up a tree on the right and took off to the left (her right). A hunter shows up he he is not alone although I do not see the other hunters I know there are more. The hunter I see shot the female bear. The others joined him they got together cheering and clapping him on the back. The cubs are still safely up the tree unaware, I have a sense that they will have to fend for themselves but they will survive.

3rd stream
Shack in forest near a waterfall, run down rotting long deserted, .there is a waterfall nearby, the air is still. Inside the shack is leaf litter and twigs blown in from the wind over time. The curtains are frayed and torn with age. The shack has seen its time. Can see the waterfall out through the missing back door. Nature is taking back it's land.

Ok you'll notice that my notes have been shortened over the actual Image stream. However my Image Streams are much more detailed. When writing notes I quickly go for core elements, and unusual phrasing in my description.

Decoding:
1st stream
Sunrise – new dawn; new beginning
Storm – tempest; frustration; battle
Breeze - ease
Ocean – depth of mind, my non conscious

2nd stream
Bear – burden to carry (play on words I find that images can often represent words that sound the same); grin and bear it
Cubs – responsibility (of 2 things in this case)
Hunter - hunting, looking to find,
Others -
Cheering. Back slapping – celebration
Cubs – (listed again since they came to mind again and the message was clear within the IS) need to fend for themselves.

3rd streams
Shack – old dwelling
Waterfall – overflow of emotions; strong emotions
Deserted – gone, still
Leaf Litter – natural elements of time
No door - there is no barrier to seeing the emotion
Nature – takes back

My interpretation I have already given. What I do when I take elements from my recording; notes; list is to let my mind tell me what it means to me. Some are pretty standard for me... like ocean being emotions from my non conscious mind. Others I look a play on word like bear.. I go with the first impression I could have gone with 'bare / naked” but I take the Image Stream as a whole. Also I don't spend too long at it I would never have the patience to start Image Steaming if the process took me longer than 15 to 20 minutes from start to finish.

I came by this method through one of my first Streams. One of the questions was How can I improve or find a better way of doing this process? Through it I played with a technique of association, writing a questions, selecting 13 words at random from an encyclopedia and then played a kind of game like chain reaction association. The odd thing was it worked I found an answer to my questions each time. Without realizing it I adapted it to my decoding and boy do I find them stunning in predictions.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited July 03, 2004).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved