Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12951 02/23/03 11:04 PM
OP Offline

Does anyone here have experience with the techniques described at www.emofree.com? I am seriously considering taking my girlfriend to see a practitioner of EFT to see if that will help with her problems described at this post:
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/003256.html

Any advice from the resident experts of this forum? (yes, that would be you, AlexK, as well as other well known names here)

#12952 02/24/03 01:06 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Your girlfriend would need agree with it and feel comfortable with it herself. There are many alternatives for her in the sense of counselling.

Really there is no one best form of counselling and sometimes it is just a combination of the teaching from different counsellors, friend and time that help give an individual the hope and encouragement to let go of difficult past experiences and move on.

Do continue to be there for her being supportive of her. Realise that it is her problem and that you cannot solve it for her. You can only help her find her own solutions. Therefore invite her to look at, and consider this form of counselling. If she feels that it may help her she may still need your encouragement to try it.

If she is unwilling to try it you might need to look for other alternatives or wait until she is more receptive to trying it. If she doesn't want to try it then it is unlikely to work. Most every form of counselling or self improvement will work to if it is in harmony with the beliefs and expectations of the individual using the service.

Alex

#12953 02/24/03 01:08 AM
OP Offline

Thanks alex. It means alot to me.

#12954 02/24/03 01:46 AM

You might check out mercola.com and see if he provides additional information. I know that he supports it and gives instructions on the technique.

#12955 02/25/03 06:23 AM

You can go to Amazon.com and get a video on the technique for around $25.

#12956 02/24/03 08:12 PM

First of all, I have to say that the emofree technique is excellent.
And they do say to try it on everything.

Persoanlly I ended 30 yrs of headaches with about 3
sessions.
There is an excellent free ebook you can download from the emofree site and I dont see any problems with her trying this on her own.
And I see no reason why its not worth a try.
In addition a practitioner is likely to show her how best to help herself with the technique.

Of course this or any healing depends on her willingness to actively participate in her own healing.

On the other hand...it might be useful to remember that as much as you want to help her there is a lot to be said for loving someone enough to allow them their own experiences and choices and to grow in their own way.

It seems clear that she already has someone who loves her...you? And the fact that you care about her is, I am sure helping her in ways that you may not be aware of. The fact that you want to help her is wonderful and the suggestion (about an emofree practitioner)may be enough.

Depending on where she is in her....emotional developement...she may not be ready for that/your help and may feel she is being pushed into something because someone still thinks she's not good enough.

#12957 02/24/03 11:04 PM
OP Offline

if she was willing to see a practitioner, about how much do you think it would cost?

#12958 02/25/03 02:40 PM

I have no idea how much a EFT practitioner might charge.

Suggest you access the Referrals part of the emofree site at: http://www.emofree.com/Practitioners/referralMain.asp ...find one close to your area and ask a few questions.

Best wishes to both you and your g/f

#12959 02/28/03 03:59 AM

Hi,
I'm new here. I downloaded the emofree book about 6 months ago and have tapped on a number of things. It seems to have had zero effect on an allergy, which has been disappointing for me, but has made me feel psychologically and energetically more balanced when I have been upset or my energy seems off, creating disturbances in my life around me. I have not worked with the videos or a trained person, just the book. I recently found http://www.tapintoheaven.com which features the technique and a much easier one, the temporal tap - which I have been using about a week now. I will post any miracles, large or small, that I feel I can attribute to it.
It is supposed to work even better if used with the emofree tapping. emofree to clear negatives and temporal tap to tap in positives.
Dunnea

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved