Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1261 09/13/04 09:19 AM
OP Offline

I am going through the course for the first time and I am wondering about something:

I have done a few sessions and I have found it difficult to get images at a distance. By this I mean that if I look at my feet and my my immediate surroundings (within a a meter or two) I can see something solid. However, as I look up, further away, the scenery seems to fade away to nothing. If I do see something it kind of shifts and changes - or becomes all fuzzy.

Also, the sessions are quite short, about 5 minutes. At some point I find that I have nothing further to say - i just feels like I hace reached the end point and dont feel like going further. Should I force it and make each stream last a specific amount of time?

#1262 09/15/04 05:56 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

You've come to expect the distance to be more out of focus because that is how you see it naturally.

Keep practicing and you'll gain more clairty.

Remember also the mind tends to focus on what it needs to in order to answer your questions. In a sense that could simply mean that you are too much in the habit of noticing only what is there and not planning enough options for the future.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited September 14, 2004).]

#1263 09/15/04 08:19 AM
OP Offline

Your comment "You've come to expect the distance to be more out of focus because that is how you see it naturally" reminds me of when I was at school and I drew a picture that was all fuzzy and out of focus. The teacher critisied me for it and I couldnt understand why. Shortly afterwards I discovered that I was shortsighted and need glasses - suddenly everything came into focus and I realised what the teacher was on about...

Anyway, last night the images were very much further away (stars and rainbows) and very clear - so I guess you are right - whatever the images are, are approriate at the time - and they do change with practise.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved