Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1264 09/13/04 10:29 AM
OP Offline

Before I got the course I was looking around for some information and other peoples views on it and I couldnt find much.

So here are my impressions, in case it helps anyone who is wondering:

So far my first impressions of it are very positive. I am having such fun and I am already halfway through in just 3 days. (I have taken a break for a bit now as I feel that I have learnt so much and need time to assimilate). I recommend it to anyone.

The recording quality and sound effects are excellent, the alternating sessions between Paul Scheele and Win winger works really well. (I rate this course much better than the Photoreading course that I have). The paraliminal/guided sessions are very enjoyable and beneficial - they are a fantastic improvement on previous ones I have listend to (from the photoreading course). It was definitely a worthwhile purchase for me.

There is not much information content thats not available elswhere for free, but for me what makes it worthwhile is the delivery mechanism. I am thouroughly enjoying listening to it and learning at a much faster rate than I would otherwise. (I did try at first using the stuff on the Project Renaissance web site, http://www.winwenger.com/ but I didnt get very far). For anyone using this course I would recommend the website and "The Einstein Factor" as a follow-up anyway.

Some annoyances:

On thing that does irritate me though is the gaps in some of the paraliminal sessions. Why are they split up over three or more tracks and not one long one? Its makes for a really annoying pause as the Cd player changes tracks. (I eventually ripped them on to the PC and joined them together as one long track that I can listen to on my mp3 player.) (also the memory supercharger paraliminal that I ordered separately is on tape and not CD - I havent used my tape deck for so long, I had to dig it out, and the left and right channel levels are wrong

I am a bit disappointed in the printed booklet thats included - a proper book like "The Einstein Factor" would really add a lot of value.

I also went for the Accelerator - an additional 8 CDs. I havent listened to them completely, and I dont think this was worth it. Its basically recordings of telephone calls and workshops - the sound quality isnt great, and i am not so sure about the content either. The printed cards are nothing special and it doesnt include any guide book or anything. Again, if it included something more substantial like a book or something it would have been fair value.

#1265 09/28/04 08:14 AM
OP Offline

Its been 2 weeks since I go the course so here is a bit of an update that I hope will be useful for someone:

I have finished the first 8 CDs and I have started the 30 day challenge (14 questions in days 15). I cant say that I notice huge differences in my thinking or abilities. There are lots of small things that I am noticing different though. I still recommend the course highly.

I have started listening to the Accelerator CDs now and my opinion on them has improved somewhat - there is lots of good information content there. I do find that they require a lot of concentration and effort - in the form of taking notes and mindmaps as they are not very structured and listening to them n the car didnt give me much.

In a month or so I will post another review, once I have finished the whole course and repeated the basic course.

#1266 10/20/04 12:16 PM

Very interesting reading armandos, and I agree with much of what you've said.

I started Photoreading over a year ago, and my approach to reading has totally changed.I've gone through that paradigm shift and I'm reaping the rewards now.Reading is such an important activity, I can't stress it enough to people I speak to, so I'm glad I'ms till improving everyday with my eye-mind connection.

I recently bough the Memory Optimizer course.
I haven't really come along much with it.Well, I don't know I ahve, but then I know I can do so much more still.
The fact that the MO forum is really quiet is a bit annoying, as I like to share my experiences with people, because it builds strong personal episodes.
I know there's a lot more to come from MO course, I just really need to start using the system more.

Just the other day I decided to order the Genius Code course.
I've never considered buying this course before, simply for the fact that after reading about it, i thought I could do all that already lol.
I mean I've always been a visual thinker, daydream/dream a lot, listen to my feelings, am very intuitive etc etc.
So rather arrogantly I thought this course was for people who couldn't visualize at all (and being such a visual thinker, I can't understand how some people can't visualize)
and this course was for them.
Like you armandos, I've checked out Win's site and read about many interesting topics.
It is true also that you can probably find most brain techniques through Win's site and google etc, but the Genius Code will be more structured, with paraliminals also, like you've said.That's the reason I've gone for it.

I agree with you about the Accelerator.
Upon ordering Genius Code the other day, I sat wondering whether to buy the Accelerator as well.You see I bought the Accelerator with the MO course, and after listening to it for fifteen minutes, I thought what on earth is this nonsense lol.
Well I have to be truthful, that's what I was saying
However after listening to them all the way through, I did indeed pick up some good ideas.
The problem is finding the time to listen to them.They're rather long, and some of it is repeated.
For example with my MO Accelerator, on Disk 2(Visual Memory) there's a section called :
-Prepare your body
-Prepare your mind
On Disk 3(Auditory Memory) there's a section called:
-Prepare your body
-Prepare your mind

Both of these are pretty much the same, so why the repetition.
On disk 4(Kinesthetic Memory) there's no section on Preparing your body or preparing your mind.So why repeat it on disk 2 and 3 and leave it out on disk 4?
I think that the Accelerator should be cheaper, but I still ordered it with the Genius Code.Why? Well because their are some handy tips and the positives outweigh the negatives.
I hope I'm pleasantly surprised with the Accelerator when I get the course.
The main course I'm sure will be superb, so i can't wait for that to come.

It's good to hear about your progress armandos.I'm glad that some people are posting in here, because MO forum is like a ghost town if it wasn't for my good self waffling on now and then lol.

I look forward to more of your postings, and I will certainly post of my intitial thoughts when I get the course in a few days time.

#1267 10/21/04 05:37 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

The Memory Optimizer forum is now open to all visitors.

Like you I know that more people benefit will benefit even though they may not wish to post.

No longer do you need to be registered to take a peek and posting is much easier too.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved