Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#13123 04/12/03 08:08 PM
Dosetsu Offline OP
OP Offline

About 2 or 3 years ago I wrote a post on Mindlist on a hypnosis technique I developed to find lost objects. The technique is basically to induce catalepsy in an arm or hand and ask your unconscious where the object is. My hand will point to the location or I'll suddenly know where I left the object. This almost always worked for me. The times it did not were when someone els moved it from where I last had it, or in another case I put something in a drawer and it fell behind the back of the drawer into the desk. My unconscious always pointed to the drawer which It was not in. I did not find it until I was cleaning out my desk.

Last fall I was listening to the old Nightingale-Conant Silva tapes. I helped my dad move his office a month or so before. My mom lost her cell phone and they wanted me to help them look for it at the new office. She thought it was in a certain place but it was not there. My technique didn't work since I was not the one who saw it last. I put myself in a light trance, and visualized the phone. I saw it surrounded by blue. I called her up and told her to check her car which was blue. She found nothing. I went into the office and saw a closed box. For some reason I opened it and say it was full of blue charts. I took out some charts and the cell phone was under them. This was missing for over a month.

Last night I was shopping at a new Super Walmart. This was the third time I've been there, and it is still unfamiliar to me. I was looking all over for something in the places I thought it should be but I got nowhere. I then put myself in a light trance and imagined what the object looked like. I then knew exactly where it was and walked across maybe 1/4 of the store directly to the exact shelf it was on. This was a section of the store I'd never been to.

#13124 04/13/03 12:12 AM

Would you describe the basic processes that you use? (other than 'put myself into light trance')

Thanks

#13125 04/14/03 02:59 AM
Dosetsu Offline OP
OP Offline

Here is the technique I developed and posted on Mindlist. It is the first one I wrote about in the first post on this thread:

Several people have written me asking for more information on catalepsy. I won't go into a dictionary definition, I'll just explain how I do it. Catalepsy is covered in the book "Training Trances" by John Overdurf and Julie Silverthorn, and I think it is also covered in "Trance-Formations", both books anyone at all interested in hypnosis should BUY AND READ.

I learned how to do catalepsy as a result of learning the Visual Squash and the 6-Step Reframe in Practitioner Training. The yes/no signals in the 6-Step Reframe can be in any modality. I used kinesetic signals, mostly finger signals. I later adapted them for test taking and recall techniques for Photoreading. In the version of the Visual Squash I learned, each hand represents a part and your hands move together on their own as the parts integrate. Both of these techniques, at least how I do them, require catalepsy, so I learned to induce catalepsy as a by product of learning these techniques. Later, in hypnosis training, I learned how to do arm levitation and leveraged inductions, which also use catalepsy. All these techniques involve communication with the unconscious, and I think are more stressed in therapy-oriented trainings. A simple double bind technique you can do is raise your arm, make it stiff and say,"My arm will not return to its original position any more quickly than my unconscious mind X.", with X being what you want it to work on. For example, after reading or Photoreading a book, you can say,"My arm will not return to its original position any more quickly than my unconscious mind integrates this information and makes it available to me whenever I want or need it." Basically, leverage it with any suggestion you want to give your unconscious. I eventually started to induce catalepsy in my hand and giving my unconscious instructions on what I wanted it to do, on the spot. This is how I came up with the test taking techniques. I actually developed them during a test. I've also used this in martial arts training to help with intuition and sakkijutsu. A common exercise to develop catalepsy is to hold out your hands in front of you, and imagine a large brick tied to one hand and a group of balloons tied to another, and notice how one hand involuntarily moves up and the other moves down.

Now, on to the finding lost objects technique. Here are the steps:

1. Induce catalepsy in one arm or hand.

2. Tell your unconscious what you are looking for and ask it to help you find it.

3. Follow where it points, and seach for the object where it says it is. Sometimes the answer might just pop into your head, other times you may have to follow where your hand points. During the Christmas Season of 1998, I was using my pocketkinfe to repair the lights on the tree, when someone called me to help them with something. The next day, I noticed my knife was missing, so I did the technique and it brought me to the place I was working on the lights. It was not there. A week later I learned that my nephew took it from that location right after I left. This was the only time the technique did not work for me, but that was because my unconscious had no way of knowing that someone else moved it from the place it last saw it.

I'm sure there are many other ways to do this technique and even better techniques for these applications, so play around with this information and see what you can discover.

#13126 04/14/03 03:06 AM
Dosetsu Offline OP
OP Offline

To answer you question about putting myself in a trance, I can just do that automatically for a light trance. Once you are used to going into trance, whether from self-hypnosis, listening to tapes like Paraliminals, practicing the Silva Mathod, accessing the Accelerated Learning State, etc. you can pretty much just get into the state automatically. By light trance I mean a state like the accelerated learning state. I can do this when I'm active in situations like shopping and even martial arts training. At first you might want to stop what you are doing and close your eyes and do the 3-2-1 method. Even just doing the "tangdarine technique" and photofocusing will work. After a little practice you should be able to do it at will.

As to what I did using the Silva Method, all I did was imagine that I was where the object was once I was in trance. I sort of focused on what I was looking for and saw what surrounded it in the case of the phone or let my intuition guide me to what I was looking for when I was shopping. It really was that simple.

BTW, I just finished listening to the newer Silva Ultramind ESP CDs this morning. IMO the 6-tape program published a few years ago was much better. I was thinking 2 more tapes would be better.

[This message has been edited by Dosetsu (edited April 13, 2003).]

#13127 04/20/03 05:22 AM

Dosetsu,

What kind of martial arts training have you had?

Parag

#13128 04/20/03 05:59 AM
Dosetsu Offline OP
OP Offline

Mostly Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu, also known as Ninpo Taijutsu or Ninjutsu.

#13129 04/19/03 06:48 PM

Dosetsu:

Do you still practice ninjutsu? They teach around your area?

I hardly ever saw a class on it in any of the areas I went to.

Parag

#13130 04/19/03 07:38 PM
Dosetsu Offline OP
OP Offline

There is a small training group in Phoenix where I train. Are you in the Phoenix area?

If you go to www.ninjutsu.com or www.winjutsu.com and look around a bit you'll find a dojo directory on either site. Not every dojo is listed. Most schools tend to be small and usually meet in a park or backyard.

#13131 04/19/03 08:16 PM

I live in the Albany, NY area. Are you familiar with Albany, NY or Saratoga Springs, NY. I know in the 80s Ninjutsu was very very popular.

I know Frank Dux whose story was based up in Bloodsport is a ninja.

So, are you also part magician Dojetsu? I remember about Ninjas being a jack of all trades when I was reading about in the 80s.

Parag

#13132 04/19/03 08:26 PM
Dosetsu Offline OP
OP Offline

In New York the higest ranked instructor is Jack Hoban. Ninjutsu was part of pop culture in the 80s but the true art did not have enough instructors at the time. Now there are more people training in Ninpo than at any time in history. I'm not a magician, but I do have a friend who is that also trains in Ninpo. A lot of the stealth and disappearing ninja were popular for comes from perfecting the body movement skills, or taijutsu.

Edited to add: Here is a dojo in Albany: http://www.tonypereiraonline.com/mikewoerner.htm

[This message has been edited by Dosetsu (edited April 20, 2003).]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved