Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline

Rachel:

I did express an interest in bartending in the initial position. The owner knew that bartending was the thing I came for. Yeah, it could have happened that the other bartender could have not left. I think my instincts were right to call this place and visit this place for a job. I talked to her husband and he says he deletes any job application from www.FlipDog.com which is a job web site like www.Monster.com.

I do believe I was lucky but not lucky in the truest sense. Kind of like a lotto player winning a few bucks or $10. I guess we all have our definition of luck. I tend to kind of think of it as one something a little unlikely to happen. Like when you play against a team like the Lakers and Shaquille O ' Neill misses several dunks and your supporting players and bench do very well. Or getting a job were you beat out a number of candidates who are more qualified than you. Or you get a very attractive person who is not likely to go out with you. Or you win the lotto which is unlikely, you know those million dollar ones or mega million dollar or one of those instant wins. I feel as if though I am a little lucky but not luck in its pure sense or what you would think of.

I am thinking of in my restaurant anyone who is there long enough will be asked if they want to be trained behind the bar. But in my case it was like the 2nd week and because of circumstance and I expressed an interest in it. I am not fluent or very good on the floor or waitstaff yet. In other restaurants, they want you to prove yourself on the waitstaff or other position before they put you behind the bar. I heard it could take 6 months to a year in a restaurant like Bennigans. Do you have a Bennigans near you?

I am guessing the other guy left because he felt he could make more money elsewhere if this is true than he is most likely right. At our restaurant you make more money on the floor or as we would say serving. Other places it is the bar. When the owner's husband asked me how much am I looking to make, I just said I just want the experience. Their is a higher hourly rate at the bar. Our bar is not a typical bar with a TV and stuff. So, that maybe another reason not much traffic. On a steady basis , you will make more money elsewhere.

I have to admit I was lucky even though I felt not entirely. I would say it is not a great or big example of luck.

I am thinking of you being a Feng Shui consultant, you have probably have seen or experienced great or pure examples of luck?

I have been saying together om gum ganapeeti namaha, om shreem maha lakshmi swaha, om sharavana bhavaya swaha, om shreem shreya swaha, om eim saraswati swaha. I have not just said only one, one at a time. If I were to say one, it would be the lakhmi mantra.

Can I ask which mantra you experimented with? I know this can be a private thing so I understand if you are not comfortable answering it.

I am going to still work on my 40 day experiment but seems pretty hard to keep up for some reason. If I find a mate than I would have full faith in this. I know how hard it can be to find a date and everything. Right now I am not that aggresive or have aggresive tendencies. I remember watching 20/20 or Dateline hearing about wealthy people spending like $10,000 or more on dating services to find Mrs right. There are places that charge that much. Speed dating has become very popular.

For many people finding a mate is like the hardest thing in the world. Finding out what you want to do is another and wealth.

Have you ever successfully consulted with someone who did not know what they wanted to do with their life or their career?

Parag

Hi Parag,
I've generally worked with om mani padme hum, also - om shree shainaish waraya swaha,
om gum ganapeeti yea namaha. In terms of luck, the most dramatic examples I've witnessed have come from feng shui - if done correctly, the results can be quite dramatic. If you need clarity re: your career path - there are a few things you can meditate on to give you clues 1)what did you love to do as a child? Dance, sing, sports - children are generally closer to their soul's path than adults 2)what activities give you a rush of energy? 3)what activities make you lose all sense of time? For example, you might be painting and look at your watch and realize 5 hours have elaspsed and to you it felt like 5 minutes 4)what skills came easily to you as a child These are some clues to your life's path Rachel

OP Offline

Rachel:

I was thinking since you are moving to NY, I entertained the notion of hiring you. I guess some of us prefer having a friend service us.

When I think of Feng Shui for some reason I think of Wind Chimes. I thought years ago I heard Wind Chimes is in Feng Shui.

As for what I like to do when I was a kid. I can only think of chess. I played a lot in college. I was always intrested in getting better at it or learning more about it. I also tokk karate and judo. I was hoping to gain a lot of skill but had to quite because of circumstance. I know I enjoyed yoga back then. I know exercise like weightlifting intrigued me and it still does.

I guess I have too many interests. I am not giving up on my quest for personal development.

I will try to see about finding a feng shui club or group.

Parag

OP Offline

Rachel:

The thing about Feng Shui is that you don't have to make time for practice or anything like that? It is a one shot deal? Like for example you set everyhting up for them and their outcome should result in weeks?

Parag

Parag,
Generally if you set things up correctly, you should get results pretty quickly - anywhere between 1 day to a month at the latest. It depends on what school of feng shui you follow, if you change your home around or not. Some schools, it's a one time deal - the Black Hat school - other schools , you make minor changes every year - the Flying Star school, for example, but basically you keep things where they are, unless you're having problems. I would definitely try to get a recommendation for someone in your area - from someone who has gotten results, and see what happens. Rachel

OP Offline

Rachel:

I am thinking if Feng Shui ends up working for me. I learn how to make it work for others like you are. Than I don't see a problem with getting clients. If I can only see get clients with money than I don't see why I would not be able to make a good living. But I am thinking the people who need it are probably not going to have much money. I realize in the beginning I may to prove myself and offer guarantees. But if you bring results in people's lives. I can't see you not getting referrals.

I understand it can be a challenge learning the business aspect.

Parag

Dear Parag,
I get referrals - that's not a problem - I'm just not a good businesswoman and have a hard time negotiating money. Definitely try it, and see if you get results.

OP Offline

Rachel:

I think there are many people in the same boat as you. Like they are talented or knowledgeable and great at what they do but are not fluent in the business side. I was thinking if I can give you some ideas?

Have you ever heard of SCORE? Over in my area they are a business organization where retired people give business advice free of charge to the public.

I am thinking you can probably get some good advice www.Richdad.com.

This is if you are interested in getting involved in the business end. I know some people choose not to get in the business end because they can't stand it.

Parag

Dear Parag,
Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'll stick to my day job and just do feng shui for fun for myself and friends. I'm moving this weekend, to a temporary apartment, before the move to NY, so if I don't respond for awhile, it's because my computer is in storage. Have a great week. Rachel

OP Offline

Rachel:

Do you mind if I ask you what you do during the day?

My father's uncle came over yesterday and he looked at the book, and now I hear conflicting information. Like he said swaha and namaha have nothing to do with 28 years or older like the book said. Now I am confused but I may end up practicing the mantras anyways.

Right now I did not call up any Feng Shui pros to see how much it would cost. But I am guessing hundreds of dollars if they are coming to my house. I am thinking if you go to somebody's place they typically charge $50 to $100. Whereas if they come to your place you may have to add another $50 to $100.

Will putting a wind chime in front of a door make any difference?

Parag

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved