Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13244 04/26/03 06:38 PM
abc123 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello everyone,
I would like to relate to the people here about my experience of lucid dreaming. I was wondering if anyone had accountered such an experience before. To describe my experience, it was short, but i was fully aware of my surroundings, which subconsciously humouristicly enough was in the toliet. I was so excitied into knowing i was in control while dreaming, thus, i proceeded to test my new controls out. I found myself slamming unto this mirror, and after one knock i realised i had the same "fallings" as i did in real life. Undeterred, i suddenly went pass a wall. I literally walked past it, melting into it, being inside it for a moment. Like a movie glob of jello, it was estactic, i was very excited, and suddenly i fell into sleep again. If anyone has any comments or messages, please feel free to state. Thanks for spending your time. Hope to hear again.

#13245 04/27/03 02:02 PM

Hey, abc123 -- I've had Lucid dreams, but sporadically. I haven't actually put in the effort to try to control them, but I've usually had them after waking up in the early morning and going back to sleep.

In one dream, I was running over a wooden bridge when I realized I was dreaming and gained lucidity. So of course, I decided to fly. I ran and jumped and I was bounced into the air over a green country landscape.

Another time, I was running down a dark, stone, winding staircase. Again, I suddenly realized I was dreaming and wanted to meet up with a ex-girlfriend. I started running faster, screamed out her name....and woke up.

In both situations, I got a little too excited about being lucid and thus lost it.
Publius

#13246 04/27/03 10:52 PM

I had a few experiences, too. Any of you who watches movies like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon probabaly knows that we Chinese read many martial art novels where characters can fly, climb walls, and run on water.

On several occasions, I had dreams where I and several of my friends had swords and other Chinese weapons in our hands, and we were walking on a path with tress on both side. It was darkness all around us probably because the concentration of the trees and the leaves were blocking the sun. Or perhaps it was just that it was night time.

Anyway, for some funny reason, whenever I have such dreams, I am always wearing a typical Taiwanese strawhat and white cloth and pant. And it is always at this point, when we were walking along this path that I start to realize that I am dreaming.

I would then decide that it would be faster if I just fly like all those characters from Chinese martial art novels, although I never knew exactly where I was going. So I would start to fly, and sooner or later, I would see a Chinese pavillion situated on a hill. Then that's when I wake up.

Its really weird that I have the same dream over and over again. I wonder if it means anything. Nevertheless, I love it when I am in control of my own dream because it is in dream where I can do things that are impossible in reality.

#13247 04/29/03 06:49 PM
abc123 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for the responses, i havent got any lucid dreams yet since that experience, but i would like to ask if what did you guys feel when you got the experience of knowing yourself as dreaming? Hey chuckiecow, im definite that recurring dreams are messages, last time i used to have some, even some when i was a child i used to dream of them. They would occassionally arise a few times a year or month. Strange really. If anything else to add, welcomed!

#13248 04/30/03 02:55 PM

abc, what I felt when I realized I was dreaming (i.e., achieved lucidity) was incredible excitement -- and that was the problem! I got a little too excited and it cut the experience short. Now before I go to bed I tell myself to relax if I have a lucid dream. And just like the Lucid dreaming books tell you to continually ask yourself "am I dreaming," I have now added the phrase "relax." So regularly throughout the day, I try to repeat "am I dreaming? Relax. Am I dreaming? Relax. Am I dreaming? Relax."
publius

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved