Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

If we're talking psychological deterrence, wearing a visible handgun is one of the best psychological methods of self-defense that I know.

quote:
Originally posted by shr33m:
If you are serious about getting an edge and have the commitment, practice zazen meditation. This trains your mind to be empty and to move without thinking. You also learn to release all attachments to ego, fear, winning, and losing. Taken to extremes you eventually transcend duality, subject and object, becoming one with your opponent. At this point, you begin to know your opponent's moves even before he makes it.

A few people have attained this level. Traditional Japanese martial arts was tied to Zen Buddhism and it produced superior swordsmen facing life and death situations with pure detachment.

shr33m:

Do you practice zazen meditation, and if so, how difficult is it to perform?

first off, i second the tony blauer recommendation, he is best known for really focusing on the psychological aspect of self defense, also check out flow state performance enhancment, at www.rmax.tv

Zazen is simple to learn but can be difficult only becuase most people find it hard initially to clear their minds.

See http://www.mro.org/zmm/zazen.shtml for instructions.

There are other various mental techniques for self-defense such as

* White light visualization for self defense and protection

* Mentally zipping your opponent down from the lower lip to the abdomen, and/or visually retracing major meridians backwards to induce energetic weakness

* Use of the "Direct Flash" technique written about by Theron Q. Dumont in his books to manipulate your opponent's thought fields

* etc...

shr33m

i can recommend an excellent book that deals with exactly this pheneomena: Psychic Self-Defense by Robert Bruce. He also has excellent articles on his website www.astralpulse.com. I have used a few of his techniques and like his style sincerity and humblemness which clearly shows in his writings.

Hi

Richard Bandler's Supercharger/Turbocharger CD in his Personal Enhancement Series suggests you imagine yourself in a 40 foot puma, and to imagine your client, boss, or competition at the bottom of a valley. This would help in self-defense because if you think of your opponent as threatning it's already not an advantage for you. The Personal Enhancement Series has other CDs as well, like Wealth Planning, Tenacious Resolve, and Dream Machine which is a favorite of mine.

Goodluck
Grant

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved