Next Thread
Print Thread
#13483 07/02/03 06:31 PM
tool Offline OP
OP Offline

Has anyone tried these programs from mind tek? www.mind-tek.com/x-mind.html

#13484 07/02/03 08:32 PM

Tool,

Here's a post that one of the big members of this forum has posted in the past on this product line, so I hope this helps:

quote:
Originally posted by AlexK:
My personal opinion was that they were overpriced junk. I still have them and if any Australian is seriously interested in buying them off me can email me.

Anyway why do I consider them junk? Overkill you get too many CDs at once. Leaving a you with a problem of deciding what to work on first since each subliminal will take more or less 30 mintues to an hour a day.

The photographic memory isn't photographic memory in the way everyone wants to experience it. Its similar to the mega memory course using peg systems.

The speed reading course is a move your eyes faster down the page and skip words reading system. Note even long enough drills like you find in Tony Buzans book.

The super vocabulary is 10 CDs and 20 lessons. If that doesn't sound daunting consider that you are supposed to repeat each lesson a few times to help stick it in your memory. Might be useful to someone learning English as a second language if it wasn't for the fact that the CDs are designed for and require you exclusive attention when you use them.

Triggers is also complicated by the fact that it consists of 6 CD and has the same requirement. Yet to me all the CD's would be much more useful if you can listen to them while otherwise occupied with the Entrainment stuff on a seperate CD for convienence. This isn't the case. You need to follow along with the book and then close your eyes and listen for most of the CDs.

Clearly if you want to benefit from these CDs you would need to prepare a daily study schedule to include them for an hour to 1.5 hours a day to really benefit from them and work with most of them for a month each.

Personally I would have prefered them seperately. I would never have bought Triggers, and the vocabulary builder and knowing that the photographic memory was just a revamp of the peg memory systems from mega memory, I would never have parted with my money.

Alex

Alex

#13485 07/02/03 10:03 PM
tool Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for the post , but I was specifically inquiring about the x-mind series.It sounds like some pretty heavy duty stuff if it does what they say it can do.

#13486 07/03/03 01:08 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Still have those CDs wouldn't mind giving them away they are about to make it into the bin.

X-mind stuff... near death experience, Aboriginal Dreamtime and Cetacean Mind Link included in that stuff? I had those tapes since 1992 from Zygon.

Alex

#13487 07/03/03 10:37 AM

I agreed with Alex on the Mind Tek.The previous post is posted by me inquiring about Mind Tek.I have check out with some other people whom I have known from other forums,they have express disappointment about the products.

I have heard a lot of complaints about the previous company Zygon too.

If you still want to buy,you could check out Ebay for cheaper prices.

Regards
Mage

#13488 07/03/03 02:17 PM

I used to get junk mail about the Zygon program that they used to have. I was always
wondering why you couldn't just buy one of their cd's to try it out. You had to buy a whole set of thirty cd's that included stuff that I would not have wanted.

Over the years, I have bought tapes from alot of companies. Most of those tapes and cd's are gathering dust. I keep going to back to the few tapes that I like. It really is a
"buyer beware" market out there for self improvement and meditation tapes.

In my opinion, the products that I like are
Learning Strategies tapes, I also like tapes from www.head-cleaners.com, and an entrainment/meditation cd that I really like is VantageQuest from www.enterquest.com, no one seems to talk much about this CD, in my opinion, it's great!

#13489 07/03/03 02:23 PM

Sorry, I messed up the above links!

They are:
www.head-cleaners.com
www.enterquest.com

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved