Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13623 07/24/03 04:48 PM
OP Offline

what is the quickest way to put yourself to sleep?

are there "reverse" smelling salts which instead of waking you up, put you to sleep?

i need to go to sleep almost instantaneously for an experiment i'm doing, and i'm looking for the best way.

i've thought of sleeping tablets but they may take a while. and there is ether. but i dont know if you can buy that over the counter. plus, that may be a bit extreme, i dont know of the health risks of that.

so, can someone please make a suggestion.

thanks

#13624 07/24/03 08:28 PM

Dear Dr.

An hour or so before your experiment, take an herb such as valerian, or chammomile. If you take 2 capsules, you will be pretty sleepy in about an hour.(Or you could always drink beer!)

#13625 07/25/03 09:06 AM

Don't know whether this helps, but in Win Wenger's "Einstein Factor" he says that Image Streaming without describing verbal images aloud results in sleep. That's why you should always do it aloud with a tape recorder or person to document what you say. He's right! If you're comfortable enough, when the images start to come and you let them flow, you'll go out like a light!

I tried some off-prescription sleeping pills a few years ago when I'd been working nights for months and couldn't get back into a normal pattern of being awake during the day. They didn't really work, and just made me feel as though I had a hang-over. Drinking will make you sleep too, especially if you are not used to it but I'm guessing you don't want the side effects of waking up feeling off-form in the morning!

I should try Image Streaming next time I have a long-haul flight. I can never sleep on planes, although I would sometimes dearly love to. How do you get to sleep on planes? I think you have to be comfortable to sleep with Image Streaming so I guess that won't work so well.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved